Should I get the 3gb or 6gb for gtx 1060

Should I get the 3gb or 6gb for gtx 1060.
I'm budgeting big. My current card is a gtx650 so it's an upgrade either way

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do your own research fag

If it is a long time investment(let's say 2 years?) i'd suggest spending a bit more to get 6gb since the memory difference will be too big in no time

Making this thread was research.

the time you wasted making this thread could've been used finding your answer

>Do your own research fag
oops meant to post in /sqt/
the 3gb is on a killer deal $120 price difference that's why i'm questioning. I'm aware of the vram limitation's but i've been rocking a 1gb all these years. I'm not a stickler for textures.
not me

nvidia.com/en-us/gtc/

>March 26-29

Wait for Nvidia Volta or Ampere

I'd go for the 6GB. There's more difference to these than just the extra VRAM. The GPU in the 6GB is actually faster than the 3GB, which means the 3GB is more of an RX 570 competitor where the 6GB is on par with the 580.

this

>Wait for Nvidia Volta or Ampere
There is a reason i'm going for a $200 card
I don't think a 7% increase in performance is worth $120 but maybe perhaps with the vram it will be. I expect to use this card until It because quite literally unbearable to play games with

neither matter if your just gona run mobas or other shit titles in 1080 if you can afford the 6gb buy it you can always sell it later for return on volta

Get the 6gb.

Just ordered my 3g 1060
How much will my fx6300 @4.4 squeal with this card

(plan on upgrading to next series ryzen and gtx xx70 in future but i just wanted to buy myself some more time coming off amd270x)

>volta
Your not the only one that's mentioned this lately. isn't volta minimum a year away? plus it's gonna be undoubtedly costly.
Or do you really expect Nvidia to actually blow us away with atleast 15% performance gains crossboard? escpecially considering the new 1070ti

GTX 1060 was released on August 5th 2016, it's over 1 year old and will be replaced very soon next year

If you want to have buyer's remorse, your choice

>AM3
you're going to need a new motherboard

>buyer's remorse
I think I'll have it if I don't take the chance now. I'll only beable to toss money around again next year this time and I'm actually looking towards ryzen's next iteration in an upgrade kit

zen 2 will be fantastic, a 1060 3GB is cutting it close, but if you're happy to upgrade sooner anyway go nuts.

yeah I think i'll push it for 2 years.

>(((Israel)))
Dropped

wait a few months
pascal is fucking ancient

Had a 6GB since release for 1080p gaming and it just Barely maintains 60fps on certain games

you could technically say the same for the 1080ti, there is always some game that will make cards waver under 60.

Assuming you aren't getting a CPU bottleneck the 1060 6GB is still pretty solid for 1080p.

i5 4670k bottleneck de 1060?