Ubuntu rant

why the fuck did Ubuntu, which is considered the flagship Linux distro, default to buggy, crappy Way-fucking-land???

"oh let's give our users something so crappy and experimental that they WILL surely enjoy it"

why are OSS maintainers such dumb motherfuckers? why can't they hire someone decent with all the donations users and companies give them

piss-poor management is what is holding Linux on desktop back

>Ubuntu, which is considered the flagship Linux distro
Hehe, good one.

>not exclusively using LTS

Okay, now breath in and slowly breath out.

Ubuntu is a GNU/Linux distro with a pretty handy package manager (apt, from Debian). This enables the user (You) to install and remove packages. Ultimately this enables you to install an alternative desktop environment.

So, either install a different DE or switch distro (also a viable option) but stop killing threads just for ranting about a minor configuration detail of a distro that has the impossible task of pleasing millions of its users.

>DE

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR DEEE FUCKING EEE

HOW FUCKING NEW AND DUMB ARE YOU? DID I EVER MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT DE?

>TRYING TO LECTURE ON SOMETHING YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING CLUE ABOUT

"GENIUSES" LIKE YOU ARE ANOTHER REASON LINUX IS STILL SHIT

AND STFU ABOUT GNU/LINUX

>Ubuntu, which is considered the flagship Linux distro
Lolno. Never

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Boo fucking hoo. Go cry me a river!!

>using ubuntu testing
>not sticking to the latest LTS
guess who is retarded here

Because how else would you massively test and troubleshoot Wayland? They also had to use Wayland because they moved to GNOME.
But I do agree they fucked up by not choosing KDE or Xfce as the default DE.

fpbp

He's right you sperglord

Installs a GNU/Linux distro with the stability* of a refrigerator balanced on its side on a tilted kevlar slope on a ship in a thunderstorm and cries when stuff changes. 4/10 made me reply.

* “Stable” doesn't refer to how buggy the software in that distribution is. What it means is that the included software is frozen in time: a stable distribution has the same software versions throughout its lifetime, which is measured at least in months and usually in years.

>"oh let's give our users something so crappy and experimental that they WILL surely enjoy it"

This is literally what users expect when installing Ubuntu.

what's wrong user?
where did the big bag way man touch you?

Tbqh manjaro has taken over ubuntus slot.

you fucking idiot, your one of those people who completely reject change. One of the main reasons Wayland has been taking 9 years to get anywhere is because nobody is using it. It sucks, I know, but it's a necessary step to transition towards it. When a very popular distro like Ubuntu starts to shove users into Wayland, development will speed up.

gnome wayland werks fine, only issue i noticed is micro stutter in mpv, werks fine in weston so thats gnome

I'll try Wayland once Ubuntu hits stable. But I doubt I'll ever use GNOME. It's a very bad DE.

The only reason to use non-LTS Ubuntu is if you need the newer kernel to support your latest hardware. Even then, you can just install the newer kernel

Maybe if you paid for good software, you'd get good software. Keep crying, FOSS-fag. I'm not even against FOSS, but you should know what you're getting into when you get something for free.

>once Ubuntu hits stable
uh, what?

the only realistic way to try wayland is with gnome
or weston

>The only reason to use non-LTS Ubuntu is if it's for a desktop and you want newer pkgs

>once Ubuntu hits stable
uh, what?

the only realistic way to try wayland is with gnome
or weston

>The only reason to use non-LTS Ubuntu is if
it's for a desktop and you want newer pkgs

>uh, what
The LTS release