Brits will defend this

>Brits will defend this.

kek

what's there to defend?

Sheeps and oil

Sheep

Makes slightly more sense than not defending it, Bruce

Seems rather extreme lad

We should build a huge naval gun that can shell Buenos Aires with anthrax if they try again.

English blood, something more valuable than any resource.

>seems extreme to defend your territory

Explain please because I don't understand

Well the argies arent in the best shape to launch an invasion of anything right now

Australia's national women's football team will not defend this

>what's there to defend?
It's not so much about what there is to defend than it is about maintaining dominance. If you let one country trample over your overseas territories, then what is stopping others from doing the same?

Ultimately it's was a demonstration of Britain's ability and commitment to defend its territories.

>your country
Its a useless colony thousands of miles away from britain.
And it belongs to Argentina anyways.

Immediate replies.png

Yeah, that's why we have a pretty low-powered defence force there.

4 jets
3 ships of which only 1 is a dedicated patrol ship and it's quite small

It's nothing.
If Argentina looked like it was preparing to try something you'd see a lot more there

>useless
It isn't though. A British presence in the South Atlantic is important, for example to provide good access to the BAT

In that case what about Hong Kong and less recently every other colony

>Its a useless colony thousands of miles away from britain.

America?

>useless colony

>oil useless

and that's americans everyone

Hong Kong wasn't attacked, it was handed over by agreement in large part due to a 99-year lease expiring. Now I bet everyone is going to give us shit for honouring our agreements

Same story with "every other colony" as you put it

We didn't lose them in war

jejeje
I don´t think they will ever attack again, its stupid

Because most of the Hong Kong territories were actually on lease and it wasn't convenient to split them up. And it's about picking your fights. If China really wanted Hong Kong then they could have taken it and there is precious little the UK could've done about it. Additionally, even if China didn't forcefully take Hong Kong it would still sour UK-China relationships which is incredibly bad for business.

CHI

kek the current falklands defence forces could conquer argentina on it's own

>I don´t think they will ever attack again, its stupid

Yeah I agree but back in 1981 most top people in the British government were saying exactly the same thing - and they attacked and we were completely unprepared.

When it comes to military stuff it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway we don't have a lot of forces there. 4 out of 160 Typhoons, 0 Tornados, 0 F-35Bs

>4 Tornadoes
Looking at the Argentinean Air Force on Wikipedia, that's more than enough.

2bh very few latin american countries can fight a defensive war
They attacked cause their dictatorship was unpopular and needed something to boost nationalism, I imagine that if you by any chance got defeated shit would had hit the fan hard for Thatcher.

4 Typhoons not Tornadoes

But they already did

10/10 image

>lives in the north, but isnt even coastal
s m h pham

What's wrong with that?

The dominions are british and so by existing exert our dominance, the rest were shitholes in africa we didn't want to look after