Google collects Android users’ locations even when location services are disabled

>Google collects Android users’ locations even when location services are disabled

>qz.com/1131515/google-collects-android-users-locations-even-when-location-services-are-disabled/

Welcome to the botnet.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385124,00.asp
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
youtube.com/watch?v=A6e7wfDHzew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone knew this already.
People who aren't okay with this already run a FOSS android ROM without GAPPS.
People that don't give a flying fuck about their privacy conceded and accepted their faith.

Either way we moved on. Get a live OP.

faith -> fate

anonymized data is as private as you can get, so why should anyone care about this?

Any info about alternative ROMs and how to install them, anyone?

"""Don't be evil"""

>anonymized
top kek. you actually belief it's anonymous? are people really this fucking stupid?
would explain a lot about this world
worst timeline

are you going to provide a credible source that proves that it's not anonymous? no?

Duh. There's no such thing as "turning location services off" when your location has to be triangulated to provide you cellular network access in the first place. All you really do is tell Android and your network not to forward the data to any apps on your phone that request it that you can control. Not to actually skip collecting that information.

>your location has to be triangulated to provide you cellular network access in the first place
Does it? I thought one access point was all you needed for telephony services.

All you need is one tower. Ignore the shill

none cares, get a job

can you provide a credible source that proves that it IS anonymous? Because I can't remember hearing Google say that. Also, Google uses the data to target ads at YOU. This cannot be done of data is anonymized.

i asked first.

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385124,00.asp

now provide a credible source that proves the opposite. i'm waiting, retard.

People actually pay to get tracked and fucked in the ass by an ad company
I'd be alright if the phones were free, but no
Just another reason to uninstall gaps

Google and tracking your data go together like peanut butter and jelly

>Google uses the data to target ads at YOU. This cannot be done of data is anonymized.
yes, it can be done. you are just a number in their system, they do not have your name. otherwise ads would target you with 'dear mr. x'. are you this dense and paranoid?

>food analogy
Wanna know how I can tell you're american?

>Google uses the data to target ads at YOU. This cannot be done of data is anonymized.
It can, actually. Google could and probably does have your name, last 10 addresses, social security number, credit card and mother's maiden name, but none of that information will actually help them sell things to you and they're not in the business of petty theft. The system tracks your browsing habits and probably dumps it in a database where "shit people like" is probably organized with tables of hashes to identify users. No one at Google is snickering Jewishly while manually sending user Smith at 123 Sup Forums St. five billion ads for the same cell phone he bought last week.

You should be more worried about that others might do if they got Google's data rather than what Google itself might do.

Actually canadian bud

More evidence iphone is the aryan phone

What are you hiding?

>canada is not part of america
american education, everyone.

Google admits that the "don't share location data" button doesn't work and they've been collecting it all along. What makes you think they aren't lying about data being anonymous?

Nothing criminal, nothing I'm hugely ashamed of, I just don't need Eric Schmidt knowing that I get off to girls blowing their noses because that's for me time, alright?

>Not knowing saying america refers to the country and not the continent of north america

>still no source
lol

XDA forums

that's some retarded logic right there if i do say so myself

>thinking Canada is independent or different from the united states of fat fucks in any meaningful sense

they are. I have been to Canada. A bunch of soft-handed soyboys.

Cyanogenmod/Lineage
Root/Superuser
Delete all GApps
Google Suck
???
PROFIT???

>implying Californians are any different

>Pic Releated
>Fuck the Google

>2BC showing NHL 13's "Hercules Check"
Good times, back then he actually used to upload more than once a month.

I thought it died

It's data about your location. It's not anonymous by nature. There's only one person at my coordinates right now.

Uuh user...

Is it really confirmed though that custom roms don't have any reminiscent of Google left in them or any trackers?

If it's really FOSS you look at the source. If you can't look at the source then assume it's botnet. You'll be right more often that you're wrong.

It's like this. x software by y company is open source. If it's not open source then why is it not? Closed source does not prevent piracy. Obscurity is not security. A program's source is a list of things that they're doing on your computer. If a stranger said I'm going to come in your house, blind fold you, and do something how suspicious would you be?

Kill me, Pete, and be quick.

I bet IOS do that too.

>news: google is spying
wew lad

how exactly is location tracking a botnet
this fucking board is as bad as CSI with buzzwords

You're mainly right, but on Sup Forums botnet means that your device is "controlled" by someone else in a more figurative sense, mostly by corporations. In this case it means relaying information to Google despite ostensibly having it disabled.

>being this new
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet

I thought this was common knowledge. You should assume anything you do on Android, iOS, or Windows 10 is being tracked and catalogued, because it almost always is.

Reminder to use AdNauseam to end the Google botnet.

>anonymized data is as private as you can get
no, not sending data in the first place is as private as you can get.

Anonymized data can almost always be de-anonymized, especially across large data sets. It only takes a single identifier anywhere in the data, intentional or not, to de-anonymized the entire thing.

Fucking faggot shills.

>all you need is one tower
But guess what they use in practice?

:)

>Your phone gets location data even if you haven't turned on battery-wasting GPS
Neat

The tin foil obsession continues, literally unless you live in the woods off grid, work for cash in hand never go online the government /corporations will have shit on you no matter what os/phone etc you use, the only guy who does this well is a homeless guy near my house who paces up and down near a bus stop, but has lots of ££ in cash maybe he's an ex soldier,

So... if I have LineageOS on my phone, but Google Play Services and Google Play Store installed (all permissions negated except for Archiviation and Contacts) am I still fucked? And how, exactly?

Fuck. Fuck this shit.

Leave phone at home.
Drive vehicle that is over 15+ years old.

Problem solved.

whatever

>Google associates all your data with your anonymized number
>including your name
prove me wrong

Is this quote real?

Car breaks down.
Can't call for help.

New problem to solve.

>Not poking around under the pook to nig rig it into operable condition

youtube.com/watch?v=A6e7wfDHzew

not like apple doesn't do it to. Who care anyway if your not doing nuthing wrong.

Actually most normal people use iPhones.

Yes obviously. If you are running google botnet services then it doesn't matter what your ROM is.