33% of the EU population report to know how to speak English, whilst 22% of Europeans understand German and 20% French

>33% of the EU population report to know how to speak English, whilst 22% of Europeans understand German and 20% French
Where did it all go so wrong for frogtongue?

Other urls found in this thread:

electriciens-sans-frontieres.org/fr/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank god. Serves them right for cucking beautiful Germanic English beyond recognition.

L'internet et la globalisation.
Dans l'Espagne on apprenait le francais comme premiere langue jusqu'a les annes 90. Mais l'eternal anglo gagne toujours...

Way I see it is English is the de facto language to do business in so it's an important language to get kids to learn hence it's popularity. German for similar reasons but only within Europe, not globally. Anyone I knew learning German in school it was 99% because they wanted to move there for work. French is more a 'hobby' language, something pretty sounding and useful on holidays, not something you learn to get ahead.
I could be wrong though, just an opinion

They only colonized muslim countries, and because French is a bitch to learn and pronounce correctly.

>German ahead by only 2%
And they have like 90 million native speakers compared to about 70 million native French speakers in EU.
Turns out German isnt that useful.

Well many "refugees" come from ex-French colonies though.

We don't really care tbf

French, Italian and Spanish, nations famous for their proficiency in English (yes Portuguese also but there is only 11m of us), are dragging English % down. The rest of Europeans, especially people under 40, are more or less fluent in English.

Meh, Europe was never really in our spere of linguistic influence. that's why our presence in the E.U is an abomination.

And yhete are almost 3% more German Native Speaker than French ones.

So what does it really mean?

Fuck all!

German is probably as useful as english in Europe, outside of europe it's english france and even spanish that are more useful

French is the language of niggers. In a few decades, there will be a billion French speaking niggers.

>German is probably as useful as english in Europe
German is probably as useful as english in Eastern Europe*

>stupid orthography
>nasal vowels

Yes I wonder where.

well, most of central europe too, north italy
idk, here they always tell you that from a business point of view and for europe, german is the most useful

Because the U.K invest a lot in Eastern Europe.

>Central Europe
A meme

>Central Europe
>A meme

Well, I have met people (not even old people) that could not speak English but German in the east.

The french will rise again through Africa the birth of the mankind

Sure, that's my point, something that you're less likely to find in France, Spain, Portugal or italy (tyrol aside).

>the frog's last hope is the african and the arab
sad days for the once noble amphibian

Frexit when?

As soon as we have something to prevent the economic downfall it would cause. Unlike you, the U.S wouldn't save us.

It's better this way, Africa will be the main focus point of this century. Europe is old and dying, women in Niger are having 7.4 children on average. For the better or the worse, we still have some cards to lay.

Brace yourself, the black tide is about to hit Europe. Specially if all the drought scenarios comes true in next decades. God help us all when millions from Africa start coming.

Precisely why something needs to be done in Africa before the demographic tidal waves it them/

I honestly don't care about blacks as long as they integrate and don't and out breed and cuck us i.e. the opposite of shitskins
europes problem is Islam

But what can you do? When west interferes, all leftards go berserk and start with muh colonial guilt. If we do nothing, niggers are just gonna exponentially reproduce and spill in Europe like locusts. How do we fight drought, famine and worst of all, people dreaming about better life although 99.9% of them end up selling umbrellas and sunglasses.

This is a fucking time bomb. Did you think we had forgotten ? Did you think we had forgiven ?

Crashing this gay Earth with no survivors

"Wrong"? Remaining the second most learned foreign language despite the end of 400 years as the lingua franca is in no way bad. In fact, looking at the grand picture, it has a better track record than English and a track record only inferior to Latin and Koinè Greek.

Even today it's by no means doing badly, and for any modern language that isn't English or debatably Spanish, the status of French is truly enviable.

>Europe was never really in our sphere of linguistic influence

Retard.

Integration takes time and resources. It's not reasonable to expect that you can integrate tidal waves of migrants. There is simply nothing for them to do here. Most of them are totally unskilled and uneducated. What will they do in Europe?

Plenty of French initiative have been made to improve the living conditions in Africa so that a great migrations is avoided, but the task is hard.

My favourite one is : électriciens sans frontières (electriciens-sans-frontieres.org/fr/)

Immigration in reasonable numbers is not a problem

Bel argument que tu as la

Writing in French divides your potential audience by 10 (compared to writing the same thing in English).

And what a terrible audience it is. People who are never happy, extremely demanding, and will only pay little money in the miraculous occurrences where they are satisfied.

In the end the French only failed because they are mediocre human beings, and they will keep on failing until their near disappearance for this very reason.

t. Bilel

No.

t. Abdoulah

t. cuck

Mate, we speak English a heck of a lot better than those three below the 40 year old demographic.

REEEEEE stop opressing Provenzal, Alsatian, Corsican, Dutch and Breton speakers REEEEE

Nobody speaks dutch, provenzal or breton anymore.

>People who are never happy, extremely demanding,
This is why i love French people so much

try to get an opinion on a product for example
literally anything, movie book music game ...

>go to english speaking website
>"awesome, amazing, 10/10, like and subscribe :)"

>go to french speaking website
>"this is absolute shit : let me tell you why"
>*proceeds to write a wall of text about why he hates everything about the product*
well you know what, i find it all very honest
and very engaging, also enjoyable to read

it has this fulfilling feeling where you know you're not the only one who's butthurt at everything, and that feels good t b h

literally every relevant person in the 1800's spoke french

>"awesome, amazing, 10/10, like and subscribe :)"
To be fair, this is mostly because large gaming magazines and blogs are bribed. That's the only explanation I have for Rome II: Total War getting a slew of positive reviews even though the game was fucking unplayable upon release and still kinda shit today. Looking at smaller, independent reviewers, you get a much more honest view.

>literally every relevant person in the 1800's spoke french
Kek, in Italy until and right after the unification Italian nobles all spoke French because "Italian" did not exist. The Tuscan language was forced on the rest of Italy after the unification because after creating Italy, they had to create Italians.

No.

I'm just lucid about the problematic flaws in the French character that explain how we went from most powerful European nation 200-250 years ago, to mediocre, underwhelming province of the American empire today.

The mere fact you're reading this rant in English shows who the real cuck is.

Both Marcolo and Casanova wrote in French, which I find very surprising for some reason.

sounds like people who watch shitty movies and than whining about shitty quality aka retards

Marco Polo

Nah, we are true champions at disliking everything. Trust him.

there aren't any good movies at the cinema anyways

if your job is to review movies chances are 99% of the time you're going to be watching shit movies

>Sup Forums
>relevant in the french web sphere

Our extremely demanding character made us create the most exquisite civilisation in Europe, despite our strong anti-poetic bias.

But you must understand this was only sustainable as long as the French were more numerous by far. Other European nations had a tiny population compared to us, so we could reign easily over Europe (and export our demands like our way was the only civilised one).

Since we became just another European nation surrounded by big neighbours, our permanent insatisfaction only impedes our national production (which is never "good enough"), while our foreign competitors aren't bothered by our petty qualms and can grow much larger than us thanks to their bigger domestic... enthusiasm.

In the end, our neighbours are rich and satisfied, while we're just being semi-poor grumblers that will make your road to success incredibly hard for no reason.

>the french web sphere
a gigantic pile of shit t b h
here's what the french web sphere looks like

>jeuxvideos.com
>doctissimo
>muslim forums
>égalité & réconciliation
>6 million illuminati conspiracy videos on youtube

here you go that 99% of the "french web sphere"
honestly i set google to not even give me any results in french

They would have written in English today.

We were the Americans of the old times because our huge population made us more relevant than anyone else (even in 1800, the English or the Germans were 3 times less numerous than the French).

Actually, before 1800, France was the third most populous country in the world behind China and India.

Thus, distinguished foreigners were naturally talking French to gain relevance.

And few people in France could speak French outside of Parisians and the Military.

All the website stars like youtube, facebook,wiki, twitter but all those things in french with french people (Cyprien, Squeezie etc)
Newspapers online, le monde, l'equipe
Allocine instead of the giant imdb

Sad but true. You also forgot:

>333,333 extremely butthurt websites talking about POLITICS
>...that's all

There are some good blogs and Twitter accounts in French though (for the authors who aren't afraid to make superhuman efforts just to get 4 or 5 retweets).

Well we stopped being the most numerous quite some time ago. And we were still doing fine.
In fact with all the plagues and wars and revolutions, by 1900 we weren't the most numerous anymore. We were just another European nation then, and the 1900s were still a golden age for France. Even the "trentes glorieuses" were a golden age in some aspects and we weren't that numerous at all then.

As long as Europe, and the West in general, does good, we do good too. It doesn't matter if we're 2nd or 3rd in Europe, that is still a very good situation actually.

>In the end, our neighbours are rich and satisfied,
lel no they're almost as fucked as we are
if europe gets out of this shit i don't care that the dutch or the nordics have 3% more gdp/year or whatever, i'd still earn more than enough

Comme un etudiant de francais qui le fait majoritarement sur l'internet, je devais marque que la web sphere francais et vraiment - grand merde.

Il n'y existe qu'une miniscule piece de cette d'anglais, notamment des outiles d'education comme des chaines Youtubes de kurzgesagt, DNews, ASAPScience....

Ca ferait l'apprentissage plus rapide.

That claim always sounded ridiculously exaggerated to me. Even peasants far away in province seemed to speak French (incorrect French, but still French) under Louis XIV.

So you mean that no one could understand one word of a Racine play in Lyon or Bordeaux? That they needed interpreters in judicial courts in 1700, and that Voltaire spoke to his peasants in some dialect? Really?

>Il n'y existe qu'une miniscule piece de cette d'anglais, notamment des outiles d'education comme des chaines Youtubes de kurzgesagt, DNews, ASAPScience....
>Ca ferait l'apprentissage plus rapide.
Wait so you want French websites to be in English ?
But then they aren't French websites anymore, they're English websites. Which completely defeats the point. Besides no one speaks English anyways so how would we ourselves even read it

L'élite parle Français évidemment, mais épluche les documents judiciaires et ce genre de trucs, les gens parlaient en Occitan, Breton, Alsacien, etc ...
Parle à des vieux dans les régions de traditions non-francophone et ils te parleront de leurs grand parent qui ne parlaient pas un seul mot de Français.

No... evidently I appear to suck in French.

Anways, I was complaining that there isn't enough material online for learners and intermediate speakers. I was aiming to say that there isn't enough educative channels on YouTube that are in French, but there is a fuckton in English.
I think such channels would really help spread the language because they help in learning.

Pardonnes les fautes d’orthographes, je suis extrêmement fatigué.

We were "doing fine", but it was underwhelming compared to the English success (and their domination started when they were 10 million, versus 30 million Frenchmen).

Being defeated (economically, culturally and militarily) by the English in the early 1800s should have been unthinkable. It's like... USA being BTFO by Japan and its allies in tomorrow's World War 3? Or something just as ludicrous.

Évidemment, tu prends les marges du pays. Mais partout ailleurs, on parlait français, même chez les paysans.

Tu prends l'exemple de louis XIV, on estime à 10-20% le nombres de Francophones en France durant son règne, c'est pas du tout une majorité.

>We were "doing fine", but it was underwhelming compared to the English success (and their domination started when they were 10 million, versus 30 million Frenchmen).
They were literally #1 of the whole fucking world, you complain about being #2 ?
Especially when there was a whole millenia of French domination over Europe before that

Besides everything i read about the time period looked amazing. Just look at the buildings from that time. Honestly it made me dream when i was a kid. Those looked like glorious times.
Remember that in this context, "underwhelming" still means "better than 99% of the world"

>Being defeated (economically, culturally and militarily) by the English in the early 1800s should have been unthinkable. It's like... USA being BTFO by Japan and its allies in tomorrow's World War 3? Or something just as ludicrous.
More like the US army suiciding all of itself into Russian winter, and then Japan walking into now-empty USA and saying it won

Well yes it would be nice to have those. Obviously i don't know any since i never had to learn French.

If you speak German already you may want to watch Arte programs ? It's a bilingual Franco-German TV channel and it might help you learn French this way.

Ça ne colle vraiment pas avec ce qu'on lit des excursions du roi dans des villes de province (du genre Mâcon).

On se demande bien quelle langue parlaient les habitants de Lyon ou de Reims : le Lyonnais et le Rémois peut-être ? Et pourquoi donc nos colons de Louisiane et du Québec s'embêtaient-ils à parler cette langue française qu'apparemment personne ne connaissait à cent bornes de Paris ?

Cette propagande régionaliste a quelque chose de ridicule.

I only use French to communicate with family members or to communicate to Walloon qt's. Being partly French myself, I wouldn't recommend the language, unless you have learnt German as third language. I hope France will shine again with her language, but even Luxembourg is getting more and more a preference for German.
Africa will be your Waterloo...

That makes no sense we already had a Waterloo

Besides if you mean you plan to jsut leave us alone to deal with africans, do expect them to spill over and fuck you over too. Which is already the case in Belgium. We're in this together whether you like it or not t b h

did the French population grow little in the XIX century because of all the young men who died in the Napoleonic wars and therefore didnt produce offspring?

>even Luxembourg is getting more and more a preference for German

That doesn't sound true to me.

Les colons venait de partout en France d’où la nécessité de parler une langue commune ?

Je ne te dis pas que personne ne parlait français mais que vous surestimez quand même la Francophonie. En aucun cas je ne fais du régionalisme même si voir les langues et les dialectes disparaitre me casse grandement les couilles.

Pour ce qui est du roi c'est comme les politiques d'aujourd'hui, on ne lui envois que ce qui l'arrange.

I guess it's a deadly combination of wars, revolutions, rural exodus, and miserable conditions of living for most people.

That, and the demoralisation of going so quickly from extraordinary empire to laughing stock of the world.

En voyage, le roi dormait chez l'habitant, et on n'a jamais entendu dire qu'il était resté à la porte parce que le paysan du coin ne parlait qu'un dialecte inintelligible.

Ni que les seigneurs ne pouvaient pas causer avec leurs paysans.

Oui, je les ai essaye, ils sont vraiments bons. Je regarde aussi France 24 et France 2 parfois - France 2 diffuse "Envoye Special" - si elle avait des sous titres, ca serait parfait.

>France 2 diffuse "Envoye Special" - si elle avait des sous titres, ca serait parfait.
lel avec mes amis je regarde toujours les rediffusions la nuit quand je suis bourré

c'est excellent, surtout si c'est un épisode sur la police/les arabes avec des gros cas sociaux

C'est ca! Je le regarde bourre ou apres un joint (c'est quand je peux comprendre francais plus mieux lol), et les episodes comme ce-la quand ils volent une voiture sont awesome(s).

Ce n'est pas trop mal mon ami