/USA/

:USA State Pride(Territories Expansion Pack) The United States is made up of 50 states(and a shit ton of territories). Tell us which one you're from and what makes it great or culturally different(Special food,Slang,History,etc).

Previous Thread:

Upstate NY

/usa/ never works, even during American hours. This thread will be dead by morning.

Alaska, btw.

Lived in upstate NY for a year. Super nice.

Too bad people only think of NYC

Non fag non liberal Oakland California reporting in.

Florida

Publix makes us great

wait we own palau?

Texas, Mexicans give us food and cheap labor so they can stay

SHART

IN

MART

This isn't /aus/ you dyslexic banterer.

Yeah but it's relevant to USA

Illinois. A good-tier, if not god-tier, state completely ruined and on the verge of collapse due to absolute Russian-tier politicians and corruption.

Illinois here too.

Hello friend

Virginia, pretty damn good state as long as you don't count NoVA. Has the good parts of southern culture (hospitality, food) while still being north enough to also have a little blend. Although I occasionally have an identity crisis as Richmonder since I can never tell whether I'm in the North or South at times.

Hey there.

What part you from

Chicago; I was born in Hyde Park, the son of two UChicago dropouts, and then moved up north to Lincoln Square (Lawrence and Damen) when I was 7.

oh im downstate lol

>Texas,Mexicans give us food
>Texas,Mexicans give us
>Texas,Mexicans us
Sorry friendo but you are the Mexicans.

Cali foothills reporting in

All good. Where from?

NJfag here and yes, there are a lot of people here who have "the accent". But the further you go north in the state the more it's phased out and replaced by the NY accent.

Upstate NY

Basically Indiana or some shit.

A depressing, empty wasteland of dying small mill towns and farm towns, mixed in with some of the most dangerous and economically depressed cities in the United States (Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo).

No opportunities for interesting jobs, and I swear we have one of the lowest IQs in the country. Everyone I meet can hardly string a sentence together, and when I try to make friends with someone from Upstate on the Internet based on common interests, they seem to have poor spelling and only understand what I'm talking about and relate to the interest on the most basic level.

The anti-intellectualism is scary, and the obsession with crude humor, vapid sexual talk, and things like hunting, fishing, mudding, Chevy and Ford, and dip cans is ridiculous. I've made a lot more friends that originally came from other states than I have who're from this area.

No one moves out of here it seems, everyone is confused by and scared of the world outside. People are wracked by extreme anxiety even going into the nearest big city, Albany (100,000 people). The venom and disdain for all things urban is palpable, and I shared it for most of my life until I realized that's where the interesting people are. We're all so isolated and confused by anything new and avant-garde. And everyone here is old, the only events that are ever listed in the paper are things like knitting clubs and smooth jazz concerts and VFW meetings that are only attended by old people. Most people in my hometown drive 30 or even 50 miles to a good mall with a movie theater, and god help you if you want to go to a nerd convention, a museum, a zoo or an aquarium.

Pros of living here:

Crime and brown people are non-existent. People leave their cars unlocked when going into stores for a couple hours, even sometimes leave their houses unlocked. The air is clean and the world is blissfully quiet. All the old people are incredibly nice and will help you with anything. People stop in the middle of the road to check up on you if it looks like you're having trouble with your car. Your neighbors will come over and fix something with your house if you ask them. People are generally calm and down to earth, there are no rich snobby blond bimbos, or even any desperately poor homeless people that I've seen. Long conversations with strangers seem to be the norm, at least for older people.

Everything is dirt cheap compared to other places. Completely devoid of SJWs and hipsters too.

Peoria area

Ah, sounds good.

This is in the same state as Manhattan, the epitome of all that is urban and urbane. Really makes you think.

Alright let's go through why this image is gay.

>Palmyra Atoll
This is an uninhabited island. It does not have its own flag.

>(Republic of the) Marshall Islands
This is a sovereign country.

>(Federated States of) Micronesia

>Palau

>implying the whole world doesn't belong to America

>Tell us which one you're from
Ohio
>and what makes it great or culturally different
Nothing, it's probably the most generic state

>implied implications

Sounds like a slightly more extreme version of western PA. If Pittsburgh would have died with the steel mills, who knows how JUST we would have become.

All things considered, it seems like both western PA and upstate NY are intoxicatingly comfy with all the rolling hills, cornfields, forests, and general peace and serenity. No wonder people get sucked in here for life.

Yeah, my native Adirondacks are like some kind of ancient fantasy tribal warrior land, the kind of place you would walk through while listening to black metal, with all the high mountains, harsh winters, and endless conifer forests surrounding the roads in between the towns. I even know a family from Lapland who moved up here because it reminded them of home. And I've always gelled well with Pennsylvanians and it seemed pretty much the same when I drove straight down the middle of it on the way to North Carolina.

>implying the implication of certain implications