I wrote an essay on japan colonizing korea. will post more if interested

I wrote an essay on japan colonizing korea. will post more if interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
nios.ac.in/media/documents/secsocscicour/english/lesson-05.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course!

Will it have to embark on explanations on the
Sino-Japanese and Russo-Japanese wa, because those are heavily interesting to me.

However, would you mind adjusting the text? I don't like the way it looks on the right side. Could you format it in a more straight way?

>Will it have to embark on explanations on the Sino-Japanese and Russo-Japanese wa,

this essay won't be dealing with that, unfortunately. I can't imagine the two wars being beyond major shifts in the balance of power in east asia, centred around the korean peninsula.

Thanks!

>word
Do you use legal licensed version?

Japan did a world most evil war crime and never apologize from the heart and accept it even once. what a stupid monkey japs are. rape of Nanking,massacre by unit731 and rape of comfort woman jap army kidnaped more than milion of Korean lady and used them as a sex slave until they die.
how many asian girls were killed and raped by jap army? and they never face this clear reality. japs are world most evil race why not god punish and destroy jap
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
Japan your worse than Hitler and the Nazis.war crimes are not just limited to massacre. Special units of the Japanese military carried out experiments on Chinese POWs and civilians in the early 1940s. The Unit 731 led by Shirō Ishii subjected these Chinese people to experiments of amputations, vivisection and biological weapon testing. Chinese prisoners were let to freeze outside with their arms exposed and occasionally soaked in water to freeze to a solid state. The arms were amputated while the doctors repeated the procedures on the upper part of the arm connecting to the shoulder and later removed the legs finally leaving a chest and the head, which caused 3000 deaths. The Imperial Japanese Army collectively killed 580,000 people.What I want is just japs to apologies all over the Asia what Japanese did and accept the own crime of raping Korean woman and massacre which done by jap army in whole Asia. and just applogise from the heart. this is the first step of establish a true relationship of asia. without it, offcouse whole asia would blame jap untill jap accept it. even jap applogised its war crime its not the meaning jap would be forgiven. never.
but a first step. just jap must accept own war crime and educate it in school forever and apologise from the heart. its what jap needed to do right now.

This.

no problem

bump

Heaven help you, OP, if you choose to use Korean or Japanese sources as citations.

lots of pre-1990s sources aren't as biased as recent ones. japanese working papers tend to be especially neutral and analytical

also, comment on what you think of the essay would be helpful

Are you using translated pieces or are you able to read Japanese? If it is the latter, I envy you.

the former. kek

ok but why

Korean historian guy is my favourite poster here, please keep it going.

You're a good man, Daisuke. Thankfully this is all in the past and we're all good enough friends to make fun of the past now. Here. Have a meme.

Heh.
I can't really comment on the essay until I have finished reading the last part of it.
Keep posting, OP.

you didn't do any comparison to any economy with slavery as you said you would and would rather concentrate on korea without any relevant comparison to these other countries, unless by working paper you mean you are paraphrasing another one

this paper is more about putting forward an opinion than any study in detail

and if you did give up the "original intent" you should at least say so, instead of still discussing slavery, the major point, but with no other economies to compare too how would anyone guess that it may not have been this way just as it happened it so and so countries

american south is a bad example, because it immediately ceased all slave in one fell swoop
other countries such as brazil could not end slavery and it was the economic fear of losing them in the long run that drove them to cheaper labor just like south korea beginning an industrial transformation by importing skilled foreign labor, as compared to the SK case of the seeds of reformation you can see the effect of a society economically moving a way from slavery without immediate abolishment

in all your paper is a collection of other factoids, it offers no original insight, sorry

What is the tl;dr version?

뭐이리 많이 쓰노

alrite

japs are evil

I used the working paper purely because it was one of the few english-language working papers discussing korean slavery in length. american slavery, unfortunately, was not the focus of the discussion.

그래봤자 9장임

do nips feel sorry for nanking? We turks don't give a fuck about armenians.

essentially. this doesnt deviate from what koreans usually say on Sup Forums, or anywhere in general

Why did you write this essay?

because armenians are weaker and has been weaker than you

people are inherently hypocrites, you don't give a fuck because you know it's okay to give literally zero fuck, why? armenians are weak and if they make any complain, then you can just go and beat the shit out of them

germans and other europeans are same, they apolized to jew but have literally zero fuck to africans because they know they can ignore africans having joke countries but they can't for jew people and israel

everyone including us are like that, but china is not weaker now we are "feeling SORRY"

영문학과?

>Armenians are niggers so who gives a fuck?
>t. Japan

This is what I despise about writing papers about Korea during the colonial period. You just become overly reliant on Korean sources and god knows if they are thoroughly researched or non-partisan.

I have yet to find non-Korean/Japanese sources that actually take into accounts of economic or social status in Korea during this era.

알아서 뭐하게

But that's unironically correct.

American's didn't forget the Bataan death march.

we're an irrelevant country. nobody cares about this topic except japan or korea

can you prove him wrong

Every paper is biased.

The general consensus is that Korea expanded economically under Japanese occupation, but was socially genocided by MUH CORONY MUH YAMATO RACE Japanese.
As shown by the 1960-1990 Korean economic boom, the Japanese were not needed. Hence why America is your new colonial overlord and Amercanizing your people at a frightening rate.

>Hence why America is your new colonial overlord and Amercanizing your people at a frightening rate.

This is a good thing and I ain't complaining.

>mfw american thinks his country modernised south korea

Armenians have diaspora that is weaker and not as influential as jewish diaspora in the world. So turkey don't feel in need of apologize.

You know what? If Armenians had strong diaspora in US or other european countreis as strong as jewish than turkey would be diplomatically BTFO long ago.

also sources:

more sources:

This is anti-Japanese education in Korea

t. Cuckold

Hey. I didn't say that. But we are your new colonial masters and unlike the Japanese forcefully Japanizing your people, we let you guys willingly Americanize.

Hilarious.

>muh nip apologism

>calls pro-americans cucks and anti-americans hilarious
>thinks modernization equals americanization
>has not heard of localization

We made Korea get independence from China
We developed Korea and established first university in Korea

When will they express their thanks?

Cuck? I am not nationalistic in the slightest and I am just glad American troops are staying here to protect us against Chinese hordes with their lives for a small amount of fee.

>mfw 民立大學設立運動
>mfw Independence Gate and Independence Hall wasn't built by japs

Have you ever heard of cultural assimilation? Japan didn't build universities, hospitals or infrastructures out of good will, silly.

What the fuck
Your rapist grandfather or whore your grandmother didn't tell you that how Japanese contributed to developed shit Korea?

:^)

The Japanese treated the Koreans like shit, but not as bad as some European colonies in Africa
Also, the Japanese built a lot of infrastructure and improves education for Koreans

>mfw the meme gets real

>>calls pro-americans cucks and anti-americans hilarious
There is nothing inherently wrong with this thought.
>>thinks modernization equals americanization
It does for South Korea/Japan/Taiwan.
>>has not heard of localization
>implying that changes the fact South Korean youth idolize American pop culture and black culture

Korea is somehow more Americanized than Japan even though we have colonized Korea for less time.

We aren't protecting you guys from anything.

>Also, the Japanese built a lot of infrastructure and improves education for Koreans

>US made North America independent from natural menace
>US developed North America to the world top country

When will native americans express their thanks?

If you think we are there post-1991 to protect you guys, then you are blind.

We are there to box in China. Korea is just our front line so that America doesn't have to be.

North Korea is a shithole even South Korea could defeat in a week. That's why we didn't withdraw our troops in the early 2000's, and why you country STILL has no effective control of its own military. We literally control your military.

Who's we?
You mean the liberal cucks?

They wouldn't because they get drunk so much

I didn't say that the colonization was responsible for Korea being as developed as it is today. After the Korean War, you and NK were the poorest countries on Earth. Just that they did develop your country during occupation, unlike, say, the British in India

> We made Korea get independence from China

なぜ韓国を植民地にするために、中国と戦ったことを韓国人が感謝しなければして?笑
本当に馬鹿か?

>We developed Korea and established first university in Korea

それは日本が恣意的にマンドゥンゲなく韓国人のニーズを収容して作ったまた、独立意識を進取させるという名目の下政界と理科系は全部抜いてしまった
何をありがとうハランか?そしてその大学を作った目的は、親日韓国人を養成することを目的で教育をさせるためのものではなかったよ^^

日本植民地時代の35年
私たちは、主権を奪われたし
>解放直後、韓国は借金で経済が破産寸前だったし(旧韓末の1人当たりの国民所得が日本植民地時代、35年よりも高かったのは分かる?)
>男性は強制的に戦場に連行されて行った女性は慰安婦に連行されていった
>大恐慌が勃発する韓半島を戦争基地にして材料を収奪し
>1920年代からは、食料の40%を搾取して満州の穀物が流入され、韓国の農村経済は粉砕しまった

もっと教えてたいですか?
なぜ日本は歴史を学ばないのか?
まあ当然であろう、自分たちがした悪事は永遠に覆わなければだからwwwww

それともゴミは文を読めないのか?そういえば、21世紀にはまだ象形文字を書いている土人たちだからwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

specific parts and aspects of american "culture" has been incorporated by all countries. we do have a heavy rock and hiphop culture, but why isn't then there jazz? isn't jazz a pretty integral part of american culture?

koreans if I recall correctly were one of the highest per capita drinkers of coffee, probably from its introduction during the korean war. this I cannot deny. what I can deny is that this is an AMERICAN culture, because it was driven by domestic factors and not foreign. same goes for kpop.

You can say whatever to sugarcoat it.

Doesn't change the point many Americans are still there to defend its interest that is Pro-US S.Korea.

Korean can't enjoy their life time without talking about WW2

>has not heard of the railways under british rule meme
>has not heard brits famously overdevelop indian railway network

The British were in India just as a resource extraction operation and to sell British products
The Japanese were trying to turn Koreans into Japanese
I think that's a fundamental difference

>proprietary software
>not writing in the language of your people
Disgusting

Have you ever seen 日本語スレッド? There is always a bunch of retarded netouyos denying war crimes 24/7.

oh, the british did integrate indians in their own way. the japanese did the same, ultimately they weren't trying to turn koreans into japanese because they knew they had to stay secondary citizens.

nios.ac.in/media/documents/secsocscicour/english/lesson-05.pdf

>American school teachers in Japan argue vs. Koreans edition

I mean America isn't protecting you guys from anything. We are using you as a frontline base.

>what is circumcision

nah man I'm pretty korean
>pic related

read

I thought that the Japanese had a rather bizarre concept of race, where the Taiwanese and the Koreans were close enough to Japanese to be assimilated, but the Manchurians and Chinese weren't

There are hundreds of 2ch japs on Sup Forums after Hiro migrated.

Okay. I simply think it's absurd to act like we are in Korea out of kindness of our heart. We are there because your country is a great pawn.

I just think its hilarious that your government doesn't even have control of its own military. Why don't y'all change that? Japan and Germany control their militaries.

>thinks circumcision is american

Wait what am I "sugercoating"?

Do you know what that word means?

Incorrect. The Japanese assumed they could culturally assimilate any East Asian in their empire.
It's just that the Koreans willingly accepted the Japanese while the Chinese and Manchurians fought back.

>when korean says america is great ally
>LOL YOU KEKED SHITS
>when korean says americans should leave
>FUCK THESE GOOK SHITS WE COULDN'T TRUST THEM ANYWAYS

What about Southeast Asians?

Not an argument.

Is Western civilization, American? No. But the process of providing it to Korea/Japan/Taiwan was done by America through a distinctly American way. Hence Americanization.

いや反論してみろよw
映画、ドラマ、日記が証拠になる国だもんなお前らw
まあがんばれ

>I simply think it's absurd to act like we are in Korea out of kindness of our heart.

Okay, you need to stop putting your words into my mouth. When did I ever state that?

c*cked, not kecked.

>((((((((((((((((((((((willingly)))))))))))))))))))))
>MY ANCESTORS DID NOT FUCKING DIE FOR THIS

I never claimed the second.

I am all for a US-Korea alliance. But I think it's hilarious that Korea doesn't control its own military.
It's like being as cucked as the Japs even though you guys never went full Genocide Empire.

and was the policy of circumcision maintained by americans? no, it was accepted by koreans as a good way to make dicks sanitary and incorporated into the culture.

don't pretend like you had influence over policies your country did not have.

I never claimed you said that, but I believe another Korean did.

There may be two Koreans here.This is essentially the same mentality as what I said.

>and was the policy of circumcision maintained by americans? no

What?

Our missionaries and influence post-Korean war were the stimuli that made Korea start doing it.

it's purely convenience, easier to control an integrated military than one that isn't.

the WAllies were integrated when there was war, but disbanded after it ended. the war hasn't ended in korea yet.

>for a small amount of fee.
Does that mean good will to you?

you better source that shit. furthermore it's not like these "missionaries" continued and still continue to enforce circumcision around korean hospitals, so even without regarding such a claim your original argument holds no weight.

Done, I wish I had good english skills like you.

thanks for reading the whole thing. what do you think?

>it's purely convenience, easier to control an integrated military than one that isn't.

What? My goverment can order your military to attack any nation it wants. That's not convenience. That's lack of sovereignty.

Do you purposefully avoid my point just to be obtuse?
>I am just glad American troops are staying here to protect us

>Virtually no circumcision was performed before the year 1945 as it is against Korea's long and strong tradition of preserving the body as a gift from parents.[36] A 2001 study of 20-year-old South Korean men found that 78% were circumcised.[37] At the time, the authors commented that "South Korea has possibly the largest absolute number of teenage or adult circumcisions anywhere in the world. Because circumcision started through contact with the American military during the Korean War, South Korea has an unusual history of circumcision." According to a 2002 study, 86.3% of South Korean males aged 14–29 were circumcised.[38] In 2012, it's the case of 75.8% of the same age group. Only after 1999 has some information against circumcision become available (at the time of the 2012 study, only 3% of Korean internet sites, using the most popular Korean search engine Naver, are against indiscriminate circumcision and 97% are for).[36] The authors of the study speculate "that the very existence of information about the history of Korean circumcision, its contrary nature relative to a longstanding tradition, its introduction by the US military, etc., has been extremely influential on the decision-making process regarding circumcision."[36]

>not like these "missionaries" continued and still continue to enforce circumcision
Yes. Which shows how Americanized South Korea is.

when we pay 55% of the american troops staying here I'd say it's not goodwill they're staying.

>mfw not in afghanistan
>mfw not in war on terror
just because we were playing nice doesn't mean we're your pet slave, user.

>Yes. Which shows how Americanized South Korea is.
>confuses americanization with koreans taking generally sanitary measures quite seriously
I don't recall a US military officer thanking me "for service to improve korea's culture" after I was circumcised, user. or maybe I'm wrong?

Literally bought American mercenaries at a discount XD

but they think they're cucking us :^^^^^^^)

>Armenian diaspora
The Armenian diaspora is the US is a "muh heritage" diaspora. It's cynical, they know shit about Armenia.

Uh-oh, better vote for Trump
Oh wait...