Linux mint 18.3 has preinstalled Flatpak, and plans in future fully implement it as a part of future releases...

>Linux mint 18.3 has preinstalled Flatpak, and plans in future fully implement it as a part of future releases, to get bleeding edge versions of apps without losing stability.

Archlinux just got BTFO by mint.

Other urls found in this thread:

infoworld.com/article/3036600/linux/is-linux-mint-a-crude-hack-of-existing-debian-based-distributions.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What if I'm already past the flatpak novelty phase?

snaps are better

>get bleeding edge versions of apps without losing stability.
this is a contradiction in terms. Instability comes from upstreams who don't care about stabilty and push tons of buggy updates that break things, because thats easier for their devs. Its an inherent consequence of running bleeding-edge versions, whether you get those versions as flatpaks, snaps, through a conventional package manager, or compile them yourself.

Funny image, senpai. Kill yourself with that spelling though.

>flatpak
>snap
Please kill yourself

>cinnamon
>superior DE
top kek

In the flatpak (and snap) case, it prevents unstable dependencies affecting other packages, because they are only loaded during the unstable app's use

Actually if the devs bundle the whole environment they use in development, they avoid a lot of bugs.
So you can get bleeding edge version somewhat stabler than with regular packaging but you lose security because lazy/bad devs can use old, unpatched libraries much longer than they would last otherwise.

>Archlinux just got BTFO by mint.
Why? You can install snaps and flatpacks in Arch, or any other distro for that matter.

This will avoid mint's incompetence regarding mismatched versioning, package builds and namespace collisions that come from mixing together the repositories of three different slightly incompatible distributions resulting in strange breakage and lack of stability.
It's a good move from the mint team, because clearly they were too stupid to manage anything else.

Meanwhile, it gets rid of some of the greater benefits of a Linux system. Namely, system-wide security patches for all software not using packaged libraries, smaller binary sizes and so on.

BLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

>apps

>frankenDebian
>infoworld.com/article/3036600/linux/is-linux-mint-a-crude-hack-of-existing-debian-based-distributions.html
Yeah.. right

What is that picture supposed to depict?

Probably that the default theme of Mint is ugly as fuck

What is your picture trying to depict, that Mint can use non default themes like Arc? So can Arch :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>doing it ironically so asperger anons will get mad about it :^)

what about appimage?

>using the smiley with the carat nose

t.virgin arch user

Outdated.
Mint dont have xedit but xed. MDM was replaced with lightDM.
Linux mint always pushes security updates and they changed update policy.

Iso no longer contains copyrighted software (But it can optionally download if user wants).

Linux mint is more stable than ubuntu (not much but still), pretty nice for frankendebian.

That's neither Arc nor Mint.

Finally I'm Chad

It is though

But it`s not preinstalled, user!!!!!1111
So it means if I ever decide I want to use it, I`m gonna have to waste two whole minutes of my precious time installing it, instead of just clicking on a button that's been there for ages, occupying space on my drive and workspace just waiting for the day, if ever, when I want to click on it and have it juuuuuust weeeeeerk, user!