Why is a fresh Windows 7 installation so comfy Sup Forums?

Why is a fresh Windows 7 installation so comfy Sup Forums?

Linux Mint is still the master of comfyness

t. guy with L-Mint and Win7 SP1 installed

Comfyness is subjective.

were you the guy who was complaining about microstutter

indeed best os

>he changes the workgroup name

>windows
>comfy
>ever

Wrong, my opinion is objectively correct and all others are memes.

comfy after 200+ updates
no

Why do windows niggers use this board?

>living under Microsoft's boot is so comfy

Comfy but it runs like shit.

Windows 10 is superior.

Yes, I mean the Home edition, not even Pro.
Use a privacy app after major upgrades, that's it.

Who let the freetards out of their padded rooms?

>Implying any one of those privacy apps actually works

Which Linux distribution most closely resembles Windows?

>durr i'm loyal to my meme OS
>hurr, anyone who doesnt use my prefered OS is dumb, durr

mint

Oh there's still very basic telemetry, but that's unavoidable if you use the Internet anyways.

But I don't get Candy Crush anymore, ever.

How did you get that out of what I said?

>durr i'm loyal to the OS that was forced on me by schools and OEMs since I was a babby
>hurr, anyone who wants a better computing experience is objectively irrational

This is what I'm doing to my laptop rid weekend kek

Are there any non virus sites where I can download the window 7 iso? Help, I hate Windows Vista Home Basic.

I bought an old Dell Inspiron e1705 laptop from the pawnshop and it may have malware on it.

I don't give a shit what you use. Just stop fucking preaching about it when people talk about the single most common and well supported OS in the world.

Because it just works.

Do you have a product key?

>probably had something to do with the green-text and picture combo

>assumes i'm loyal to anything
>assumes by response was fan-boying
would be funny if it weren't so sad, pic related.

tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php

It's on an old worn out label on the bottom of the laptop. I can't peel it off without messing up the label, so I'll just rewrite it.

You can't use a Vista key for 7, you dumbass.

To stay legal you'd have to buy a new license.

Because it just works, and after a bit of tweaking and disabling automatic updates, it'll keep just working forever.

No forced updates, no forced resets, no telemetry if you were careful when updating it. Set it up once and you're good forever.

Because it's from an era before smartphones, flat UI and normiebook became too popular.

Also no proper USB 3 support among other stuff...

Oh and it will soon stop working on new PCs at all

Aero looks like actual garbage.

If you want a good-looking OS, you'd have to go back to 2K, i.e. before XP's Fisher-Price icons.

Aero is love, aero is life.

You can always pick the classic theme. Is it even on winblows 10?

You what? If you can read it, then you can use it to get an ISO from Microsoft, if not you can read find it in your current OS.

Wow. You're a fucking asshole and a retard as well. I'm not renewing Windows Vista dumbass. I'm wiping my hard drive so I can install Windows 7. I'm not using the key because it's old and probably expired. Did you not read my first comment? I said that I bought A USED laptop. The key was already used and is old. Jesus Christ, did your whore creakhead mother drop you on your head when you where a kid? Learn to fucking read.

Already give me the answer I was looking for. Thanks though.

It has forced updates/restarts just as much as 10 does. You can disable them in both.

>no telemetry
windows has been thoroughly backdoored for 3 letter agencies since the mid-late 90s, who cares about some extra telemetry?

>You can always pick the classic theme. Is it even on winblows 10?
No, but classic theme under Windows 7 looks fucking horrid. Even XP's sucks because of icons.

I think both win 7 and mint cinnamon are pretty comfy.
Though a riced linux system is more comfy.

Mint is worse than Ubuntu now.

>leaving the computer name uncensored
Rookie mistake, i'm hacking into your mainframe as we speak

Yea hence the fresh install

its shit.

Probably because of nostalgia.
Srsly though, W7 is outdated and will become more outdated as time goes by. Windows is not like Linux/GNU. Windows stopped their mainstream support in 2015. Soon it will be 2018. Their extended support will end eventually too. Windows 10 is better in almost every way and it's the only OS that will keep improving. If you do not like Windows 10, I would highly recommend you to consider Linux/GNU or MacOS. Their support and development-process is another story.

I love having to install all the drivers again...

>not capturing an image after installing drivers so that you can reinstall windows once a month.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

>Windows 10 is better in almost every way
more like
>almost better in some ways and worse in most

> If you do not like Windows 10, I would highly recommend you to consider Linux/GNU or MacOS.
This. It's impossible to stay on forever.