Why is this guy so low-energy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqBbUmITyu8
the8bitguy.com/8bit-guy-about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bad posture is bad

SOY

you're only seeing his afterimage

I wonder what was his dayjob before going youtuber full-time.

I mean, with his technical knowledge, he could basically walk on any tech job (at least in the 90s/early 2000 when shit like diversity and feminism actually have a real, tangible meaning and not just for faggot to cry wolf at white guys) and making a very nice, fat paycheck

Ate some of Jeb's secret guac recipe

what's wrong with the guac?

He used to refurbish ibooks and sell them on ebay

>lives in texas
>cousin was one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time
>faggy soy boy who drives a EV

Why do you have such a burning hatred for this guy?

>cousin was one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time
Really? Who?

>technical knowledge
>a bunch of trivia about shit nobody cates about

He does not eat soy. Even if he did, soy does not feminize men.

He programmed a starcraft clone for C64 in basic.

That takes a lot of energy

Dimebag Darrell from pantera.

>starcraft clone
it's just an RTS
>in basic
he did it in ASM

Nice try, tofu factory employee.

His face screams beta

In fact, he is a gun-owning Texan who simply leads a sedentary lifestyle. Probably also gets a nice dose of toxins from all the dirty used equipment he handles.

He actually made a game for commodore using Assembly, that's fucking impressive

Holy shit, you're not kidding. What a stark contrast.

I honestly prefer seeing genuine humans present the content rather than some loud and obnoxious faggot that pretends to be excited about everything and starts every video with te standard "HAEYYYHYWHATISUPGUYSGENERICNAMEHEREANDTODAY..."
It's fake, low quality and just inhuman.

this

>t. shilling gmo loving soyboy

Fuck.

That's because he always has 10-15 pounds of metal on one side of his body. youtube.com/watch?v=tqBbUmITyu8

he knows his audience, and dedicates like 3% of what he actually knows to brainlets who enjoy his shit.

Is that it?

I actually like his content, he doesnt waste time, he goes straight to the message.

I dont know what he did before that.

>people send him amigas, C64, Atari ST and a bunch of other vintage stuff for free

Motherfucker.

I can't imagine that's all he did. That was just his most recent business venture. He's a "geek", he likes doing useless and obscure shit. If he was a "nerd", he'd be working at NASA making $300k/yr.

He has a nice house, nice car, a family and seems to have always had expensive tech.

Either his family had money or he had a well paying job.

Dude I used to flip old netbooks and computers off ebay/craigslist too and I can assure you that you can make some serious cash with flipping shit on internet

go back to taking them Brain Force pills, soy boy

Because people likes his content, maybe if user makes good vintage content, people will send him some shit.

If i like a youtubers content, i don't send them shit worth $200-$300

He had some legit office job before quitting it and doing youtube fulltime. There's a video where he pulls a prank on a coworker, which was in an office. Never figured what kind of job though.

he's as dead inside as all of us

>Either his family had money or he had a well paying job.
That's the thing, I'm thinking he must have done something productive in the past.

He probably was doing decent then at an office gig. I wouldn't be surprised if his family has money though. I mean his cousin was Dimebag Darrell, and his father is a record producer.

Because you're a poorfag.

>this anecdotal tidbit
>implying his opinion represents the opinion of other people

Eat shit

Because he can't into map compression and used a freaking raw bitmap for it.

I legit did not understand why he used a raw bitmap. At first I was like, "What? You imported a jpeg or something into your game?" Then I realized he actually just imported a .bmp for his maps. I still feel like I must be misunderstanding.

I can understand why not using a freaking jpeg on a freaking C64.
But you could do like many, many, many 80's tile based games, and use 4x4 tile chunks, then use a much smaller resolution bitmap that calls for those chunks.

From the recent episode he said he made 500 copies of his homebrew game. Assuming he'd get 10 bucks for profit and he sold all his game, that's a cool 5 grand filling his pocket.

He could be a jew and print more of the game and rake more money and nobody will blame him for it

Holy fuck you are the same guy eho was shilling for gmo soy products in the other thread. How ripe are your tits from all the soy? Nice lumpy nodule under your nipples like you are 12 again?

10-15 pounds? Are you high?

He uses a shit load of ram for the worlds too, but I guess that was the move. Still, it got most of what he wanted done and that'll werk.

He wasted a lot of money into them, I think that he is making 2k or so.

Stop making a fool of yourself, dear tripcoder.

Well, half of the making of video is him complaining about all the shit he had to cut.

$5k for months of work isn't very much

If he wanted to make money, he would be porting his game to modern systems

Not to mention his youtube channel. My channel had less than 100k views monthly and I make about 200 bucks a month. His channel is like, what? 2,3 million view a month? That's easy money right there

Not to mention stuff like Patreon and even them diy kits that he sold in his website. Even if he's not a millionaire I can see he's making 6 figure annually

Yeah, good point. He had to dip into kernel ram just to get everything in. He could have had more music if he compressed the levels in a semi-efficient way.

He was just an IT admin

He tech knowledge isn't even very in depth

I worked on a channel that got roughly 3 million views per month. That made the channel owner $6k-$7k (he paid me $2k for voice work).

From his outdated about section

>Speaking of time. Lots of people ask me why I don’t make more episodes. I’d like to point out that I do work a full time job as an IT Administrator and I also have a family.
the8bitguy.com/8bit-guy-about/

Well it was his first "commercial" game so 5 grand is cool for something like that.

He could prolly make an android game and rake at least 10 times more but I think guys like him want to stay true to his niche.

>He was just an IT admin
Oohhhh, makes sense. I interned under a guy that was an IT manager at a union in DC. That guy made bank. I'm guessing 8-bit guy wasn't really making anything big. Well depending on where he lives, he either supported himself or that good trustfund money helped him out quite a bit.

He's way more interesting than LGR when it comes to restorations

Speaking of which, this guy really needs to stop reviewing shitty old store catalogs and other literal garbage

you're definitely right there, I think LGR is boring like 80% of the time

LGR has a different selection of products he covers at least. I was surprised to see him review an SGI computer.

he also needs to grow his metal hair and beard out again. balding be damned.

And most likely more levels.
At 18KB a pop, i imagine he probably ran out of disk space quite quickly with those tiny 180KB commodore disks.

I dunno. I kinda like him. Hell I also used to do what he did;raiding thrift stores for shit to flip online

Doing a faithful port over to a newer system that allowed for downloading copies of the game would be a good move. The novelty of being able to play an old game as it exists on hardware without having to actually own or dick around with a 50-year-old machine would be pretty appealing to a lot of his viewers, I'd imagine

He doesn't know that much about computers, he is just a tech enthusiast so don't espect that much.

>low-energy
Fuck off back to Sup Forums faggot piece of shit

Yeah, but those things are hard to make into entertaining videos. His reviews of games and peripherals are good, but dozens of videos of shopping at fucking Goodwill? No thanks.

>18kb per level
Goddamn, that's pretty big even by C64 standards.

I would imagine porting C64 assembly to x86-x64 architecture isn't very fun.

would you calm down for christ sakes. It's more cringe inducing than even the poltards now

I dunno, you could cover a lot about the SGI workstations. Same with NeXT. Those workstations were power houses.

Holy shit. I didnt even know he used to look like that.

>Built and maintains old gaming rigs
>Assembled a bunch of modern systems
>Made a video explaining how the MITS Altair 8800 worked
ok

I would imagine writing a game in C64 assembly and hitting a ton of limitations wouldn't be as fun as having more possibilities on any hardware since then. Plus, the point is how he would make more money, not what he would find to be the most fun.

>tfw this me in the winter when i gain 40lbs

but can he solder his own cpus?

Well, he could just put the game in an emulator.
Also yes, freaking 18KB because it's a raw bitmap.

>SOY

He's considering a DOS port

Chad Viking - Virgin Soyboy

And I find that very entry-level computer knowledge, he is hardly an enthusiast and an historian, and that's fine. The 8bitguy actually KNOWS how a computer works, he has a lot of videos on the matter, and he has a decent computer knowledge.

>He's a "geek", he likes doing useless and obscure shit. If he was a "nerd", he'd be working at NASA making $300k/yr.
>tripfag who's probably a underage hipster fucks up the geek/nerd definitions
Every time.

what's up Rasputin

Ugh. DOS is such shit to program on

>an historian
Disregarded

The tripcoder is just trying to fit, he doesn't know much about what he is talking about.

>seriously talking about jpeg compression in a commodore
You're trying too hard kid, just drop it.

keep your retro e-celebs contained faggots

Did you just now figure that out?

That thread is about old computers, not the people who talk about old computers, dipshit

Jesus Christ, I meant to say that when I first watched the video I thought he was saving jpegs he made in Paint. It didn't come to mind that he was saving as raw bitmaps.

That tripcoders are attentionwhore faggots? No, just pointing it.

We already know you're a dumbass.
You don't have to make a post confirming it over again.

If you actually read my first post, you will see i find this idea ludicrous, and i am instead suggesting a common compression technique (using 4x4 tile chunks) used by a lot of "8bit" games, such as megaman and pokemon.

Just stop it, delete your fucking trip and stop proving shit to people you don't know

I had a brainfart when watching his video, just let me be.

>just let me be.
You're being a obvious retard.
No, people won't let you be, you have a fucking trip you blind dumb mofo.

Look, I'll just ignore them.

Man, this was actually an interesting thread before the tripfag started trying to show off so badly.

Lurk moar, tech illiterate.