Why does Arch get next to no love on Sup Forums...

Why does Arch get next to no love on Sup Forums. The debian niggers and ubuntu noobs are all over the place and the slack and gentoo faggots won't stop splering over the board either.

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/CD/netinst/
wiki.debian.org/wl
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/dwm
wiki.debian.org/Dwm
wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#WPA-PSK_and_WPA2-PSK
wiki.debian.org/wl.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/9.2.1 nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope Slack is better than it was last time I used it, because it used to constantly freeze up like a POS. It's inevitably what pushed me to learn how to install Gentoo.

Rice faggots ruined it for the rest of us.

>Too lazy to recompile kernel or find faulty service on Slackware.
>Installs gentoo instead

I like arch, but anytime I mention it winfags make fun of me.

He made the right decision

>Why does Arch get next to no love on Sup Forums.
I'm pretty sure like half of Sup Forums's linux users use Arch or at least some derivative like Manjaro.

He made the right choice if he wants to learn about USE flags and portage.

People who want to learn real linux use Slackware.

>Gentoo LINUX is not Linux
Good to know

>arch
BLOAT
>ubuntu
AMAZON SPYWARE AND BLOAT
>debian
best distro ever

Arch is for literal manchildren. While Debian is for noobs, Gentoo is the real choice of the professionals.

>arch
>bloat
IT doesn't even come with wget, user...

you faggot im too lazy to pull up the proof, someone do it for me or i will do it in a couple of mins

Well, it was back in like 2002, and I do remember reinstalling and trying different kernels. Finally I said fuck it.

He's right. I just did a fresh arch install last month. No wget. Fine by me. wget is shit

nah
CentOS/RedHat is used by the real professionals, ya know, in the enterprise world.

That said, Gentoo is the real choice of the enthusiasts.

>wget is shit
But it just werks

I think he means that the way Arch's packages are built is bloated compared to most other distros. It's not the first time i've heard someone bring that up either.

Arch doesn't come with anything, retards. There are recommended packages in the wiki, that is all. Everything is manually installed by the user. You could just add wget when you are first installing the "main" packages.

So does curl

Hey dipshit, what "comes with arch" is everything in the base package you pacstrap when you install it. That's the base system, called base.

Arch has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare
compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional
whenever possible. Arch has *never* been minimalist... a Linux kernel with every module
available and every feature enabled at least when there's no non-bloat
related cost, feature-packed/complex GNU tools, nearly all optional
features enabled across all the packages, etc.

Also the iso is 500mb, that's proof enough. Some user posted a pic showing proof that the arch devs even accepted the fact it isn't a minimalist distro

Arch's packages are packaged conveniently. Nobody wants to remember some stupid libfoo-dev shit. Just install foo and now you're ready to compile.

reported

Arch is a hobbyist distro, Debian testing has literally never broken for me and the packages are plenty up to date. i used Arch for two years before finally returning to the swirly master race

Being this fucking salty and you know im fucking right.

This. But I'm disappointed in you for even picking arch in the first place anoon

being this projecting
file:generic_laughing_image_macro_32.jpg

Wow. Huge surprise that people on a hobbyist board install a hobbyist OS. You fucking retards are using an OS designed for servers you morons

>the ISO is 500 MB
Holy shit, really? That's more than twice the size of the Debian ISO.

guess which one actually has drivers and doesn't require you to download wifi firmware separately

>>the ISO is 500 MB
>Holy shit, really? That's more than twice the size of the Debian ISO.

I want to rape your mother
debian.org/CD/netinst/
netinst CD image (generally 150-300 MB, varies by architecture)

Fair enough.
But the point is, Arch is not minimalist

The one that isn't minimalist? :^)
Are you mad that I made a generalization?

when i downloaded the iso, it's usually 290mb.
god i love the debian wiki
wiki.debian.org/wl

Not Arch, I had to download wifi drivers separately.

doesn't matter, the fact that this is necessary because of some freetard autism is reason enough to never use debian

debian wiki is garbage compared to the arch wiki

>debian wiki is garbage compared to the arch wiki
The arch wiki couldn't even tell me how to customize dwm, they are VAGUE CUNTS.

>wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/dwm
shit
>wiki.debian.org/Dwm
Very fucking clear instructions

>i can cherry pick and grasp at straws. look at me
The debian wiki isn't even complete. Not even the most hardcore debiniggers would claim they have a better wiki than arch. Your autism is showing.

if you couldn't figure that out yourself then maybe you shouldn't be using a shitty wm that requires you to recompile it every time you want to change a setting

>freetard autism
Don't fucking disrespect fucking stallman. Go back to fucking reddit.

oh the ironing
take your dumb stallman worshiping elsewhere please

You are the type of faggot that uses arch linux then uses skype on it. Fucking disgraceful. Take your newfag ass back to /r/archlinux

is there anything more autistic than a freetard? I literally can't think of anything

It even taught me how to configure wpa_supplicant.
wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#WPA-PSK_and_WPA2-PSK

I've seen people runnin arch with older kernels than my debian install

Arch linux is bloatArch wiki is fucking shit and vagueArch users are cancerous To all the newfags reading this, don't fall for the arch meme, use debian or gentoo(If you are very advanced gnu/linux user)

>lying on an anonymous imageboard to get more people to convert to your server OS
Just how high do you have to be

installing wifi drivers without internet is not that hard user

>server OS
Debian is universal, you could do anything. Arch linux is for the weeb faggots, those screenfetch threads are proof.
This, i even provided the fucking link to these faggots wiki.debian.org/wl. wifi drivers may vary

Unnecessary bloat

>debian freetard thinks he can get people to switch to his sh*tty distro by insulting everyone who doesn't use it
lol

>>debian freetard thinks he can get people to switch to his sh*tty distro by insulting everyone who doesn't use it

I don't blame people for not using debian. It wasn't my first distro either. It's just severely underrated and most people go with amazon spyware ubuntu. Or some people get "memed" into install bloat arch linux

debian is trash, no amount of freetard sperg fits is going to change that

You are trying to cope. I'm done with you arch faggots

Autism? That and because too many Arch users fancy themselves to be tech savy because they installed it and preach about how it's lightweight. People don't like hearing why x user base is better than them so they reasonably get upset and make sure to bitch about x user base whenever they can.

No distro is perfect. If one works for you, great. Don't try to convince others to use it if they don't want to.

>No distro is perfect. If one works for you, great. Don't try to convince others to use it if they don't want to.

Stop being a centrist fag. ffs. You aren't impressing anyone, you are pointing to people in the wrong direction. My first distro was manjaro then i realized every single distro is shit expect for debian and gentoo.

So thread, why do you like your chosen distro? Not just "other distro is shit", but what is it about yours that keeps you coming back to it?

not having to use the garbage called apt

manjaro meng

Debian is the longest running. It's better than ever.

see

>systemd

void is too hipster, fuck off and use debian. Now i feel like a shill ffs

>You've reached the website for Arch Linux, a lightweight and flexible Linux® distribution that tries to Keep It Simple.

How is this simple wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide

If you say so. I prefer to keep my mind open and not allow myself to get tunnel vision, thinking one thing is ultimately better than another thing. I mean, one may be ultimately better, but the slight differences between distros isn't really worth arguing over imo. I reserve my arguing energy for windows fags.

>I have to partition my own disks? How is this simple?
Get out

And the iso is all bloat for nothing. Arch makes no sense at all. Your asses got memed

Debian is the biggest piece of shit I've ever tried to use. The fucking ISO is like 3 DVD's, and if you want to use the net installer, it doesn't even have wifi drivers.

The simplicity makes sense to those of us who are highly autistic when it comes to technolo/g/y.
To us, simplicity is not having predefined, premade user experiences already created for us to interact with.
To us, simplicity is a blank canvas. A blank canvas with so many possibilities.
To us, manually partitioning our disks is good, because having someone else do it for us annoys us
To us, choosing our own preferred form of network management is a blessing.
To us, setting all this shit up is a happy thing.
It's simple
It's beautiful

Install gentoo

That said, I agree somewhat with this sentiment. Arch does have its flaws.
Despite this, Arch is not the only one that grants this sort of experience, so the point still stands

I am actually considering doing that. I have successfully done so in the past, but I fucked it up and got rid of it. I want to give it a go for real this time. Specifically, I am interested in doing a uclibc install.

>I am actually considering doing that. I have successfully done so in the past, but I fucked it up and got rid of it. I want to give it a go for real this time. Specifically, I am interested in doing a uclibc install.

You could have just said you are a brainlet. Kek

That one user that keeps posting his weebshit is not indicative of every arch user on Sup Forums

>That one
Nah, the thousands of weebfaggots over the years. Don't sugarcoat it

So you're INTELLIGENT enough to install, use and maintain Arch but not to use your preferred web search service to find this: cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/9.2.1 nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/

anime website

Quick rundown on gentoo?

I'm currently using Arch, how exactly is the experience different with gentoo? Say I want to install a browser on my gentoo system; is there a package manager I'd go through like pacman on arch? Or is it all manual?

maintaining arch is as simple as 'sudo pacman -Syu && shutdown -r 0'
It's debian shit that takes forever to maintain and fix

> insults someone who wants to use the distro you're trying to convince people to use

Maybe that's why people don't bother switching to x distro? Linux users are such dicks.

I admit that I am indeed a brainlet in some areas.

>325mb
Even with non free firmware the iso image is still low with numbers. Fucking arch with it's 500mb iso. BLOAT

>Linux users are such dicks.
Windows users are sheep. Gnu/linux users aren't. You don't even seem interested in computers, just go back to Sup Forums or reddit. And it''s called fucking gnu/linux

it's just linux

I want to put my hot load inside your mother's vagina.

wtf delet this

Just admit. You hate yourself and your life. This is all you have. It's really sad. I hope things turn around for you, user.

>Just admit. You hate yourself and your life. This is all you have. It's really sad. I hope things turn around for you, user.

I'm well off cunt and this isn't /r9k/

Christ reading this thread is like reading the comments section under any metal video on youtube

It's literally like 5 commands you have to do to install.

Liar.

>void Linux is too hipster
>void Linux
>hipster
>Linux
Linux is pretty hipster as it is mate

>gnu/Linux users aren't

idk I'd call being that loyal to an os cuz someone told you to is pretty sheepish