xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wew

>high resolution audio
They should have put "1080p" in there.

wtf. most of the walkmans sony make now are over $300

Admit it, you'd get it if you could afford it

Get a job poorfag.

You can get a better machine for 1/3 the price. Only a retard would buy that laptop.

youtube.com/watch?v=NJOolmwYK_4

No.

t. poorfag

If I turn it on will it catch fire?

thicc

Depends on what you mean by "afford" if I had 10k burning a hole in my bank account I'd say fuck no, there is a millions other things I could spend on . If I was a person that doesn't need to look into my bank account for anything than I might

FUNNY THING IS they would like to you to use it with the expensive Sony LDAC headphone range that does all the D/A ... therefore making it a 3000 dollar 256gb flash storage and BT transmitter...

>buy this
>only listen to itunes rips

I'd buy one of those insane eurocom "laptops" just for shits and giggles if I could

Only a dumb faggot would spend 8K on a machine with those specs.

looks like shit
if you're rich just buy and A&K mp3 player

You're right in the sense that if I literally had enough money to just throw away $8K, then yes. I'd buy it just to say I bought it, and never use it once.

>oxygen-free gold-plated copper case

Dumb.
I can buy three iPhones for that much.

Just use a fucking phone. If you care *that* much about audio quality when on the go, buy your favourite artist and order them to sing to you. Seriously, any fucking smartphone should have good enough audio quality.

Don't bother. the people who would buy this pay hundreds for little things to lift cable off the ground and $1000 for a diamond HDMI cable.

>Seriously, any fucking smartphone should have good enough audio quality

Dude i cringe but you are right, only because it has only just very recently become a thing

Even my S4 has good audio quality. This has been a thing for quite a while now, just buy a pair of non-chink headphones and a proper music app.

Did Hiroshima Nagasaki really just do this?
For what purpose do we need to know that some fags bought a Sup Forums pass.

Its an option

It's not designed as a viable product, kind of like supercars. The R&D cost of making it has to be offset by the price, and at the volume that they are produced, the price R&D offset per device is a lot higher, making it relatively much more expensive than if they sold a lot of them.
That laptop is for people that want a product like that, and are willing to pay for it. There aren't any competing products, so it's worth the price as long as you can afford it.

>see the spec
>Audio UPSCALER
Audio UPSCALER
top fucking kek

Music would sound the same whether it be Play Music or whatever app

Well now we can rapidly narrow down which anons are virtue signalling fags.
Thanks Hiroshima for the built-in Sup Forums fag filter.

I use Poweramp and use its equalizer and bass/treble control to get the sound I want.

THICC

Its been around since Sup Forums pass was introduced.

It's really saddening to see Sony go all in on this placebo bullshit. They can make great products if they want to, but I guess those don't interest audiophiles and thus don't make enough profits.

Legit shit. Just a niche one.
Just shit, with my headphones(low impedance, high sensitivity) it would literally sound worse than a phone.

No, it will jump on your and bite your neck until you suffocate, then eat your entrails.

Well it shows what kind of fags use it outside of /vip/

What do y'all think about the note 8? Meme phone with meme features or top 3 Android phone?

I can get 3 iPhone X's for that...

It's a Samsung phone. Same software problems as ever.

No way I'd buy a laptop that bulky. I want my laptop to weigh around 1 to 1 and a half kilograms.

Right now, probably best android phone. Shitty fingerprint sensor placement, but it's not awful once you try it. Oh, and Touchwiz.

What launcher/skin do you recommend that isn't laggy as shit. I'm getting rid of my iPhone and trying to decide on an android

>high resolution audio
>mp3 player

I'm not familiar with rooting and custom ROMs for newer Samsungs, but if you're looking for just a launcher then Nova Launcher should do you good.

You can't do anything with modern Samsung, unless you get a European version. Even then it's still shitty.

Isn't the european one the better one because of exynos?

nova launcher. prime is often at sale for 1$

Exynos, yes. But is it better? Opinions differ.

the people who want that are 13 and they don't have that kind of money

It would be extremely painful

Those are overpriced trash too

>Seriously, any fucking smartphone should have good enough audio quality.
No, only some flagships from the last 3 years or so have proper output.

Who, considering buying this, would have a 3 year old phone

Well maybe they don't want a top end phone.
Or maybe the phone they want just happen to not have a good enough output.

New phone ≠ top end. Either way, you would need a really shit-tier phone to have such bad audio quality that you would go out and buy this.

> Even my S4 has good audio quality
> nope

my s5 sounded like shit... only ok smarphones i have heard is my iphone 6/s and lg v20/30

Well maybe the S5 was shit but put Poweramp or any other kind of eq/audio enhancement on an S4 and the audio is fine.

Low end phones have shit output.
Even high end phones can have shit output.
It's really about how much they care about audio.

Here have 24bitfag explain it to you.

>It's really about how much they care about audio.
Well then get the fucking artist to sing to live, at that point, if you really can't stand "such awful quality". Really, only a retard would pay that much for an mp3 player.

OwO ?

But that's not portable :^)

It if you try hard enough :^)

>suggesting listening to unmastered crap
There's more to music than the instruments.

Audiophiles are worse than pedophiles desu.

Quality costs, user.

As long as the music makes me smile/laugh/sleep/cry/cum/whatever the fuck else music does to me, I'm good. And It doesn't take a professional studio in my pocket to make me enjoy music.

What was that scam mp3 player with the triangle bases?

This.

First thing that comes in to mind off the top of my head is the Pono Player.

I think paying a person on craigslist to burn your penis off is much cheaper.

had power amp on my s5 and didnt cut the mustard doing 24/96

yep some care about audio... there is standard and current year performance that is available with [current year] technology, some fall below it, apple was good and im sure the iphone x sounds good but they can get fucked with the jack... correct me if i am wrong but i still think the lightning dongle is a pass through

>Audiophiles are worse than pedophiles desu.

fuck yo mayn ! we are only raping our own ears [wallets]

Pono... not a scam just low volume manufacturing = high cost and ahead of its time... alot more people would of bought it if they knew what was available on rutracker instead paying for it on Niel's store

There's a dac inside the dongle and apparently lightning can't do analog so it's not passthrough.
And I suppose $400 pono isn't much of a scam compared to what we have now.

For only $3000 I'll paint a Clip+ gold-ish, put in a 200 GB MicroSD, and install Rockbox. You'll never hear any difference, it'll be smaller, and you will have saved $199.99.

But user, that does more than just play music, you can shitpost from it too.

you're a big laptop

last i checked there was a chip inside the dongle and no one really knew what it did... might be doing some receiving high level i2s delta sigma / multi bit information with low transport over head. Its a small thing that despite jitter / external power / size it measures very well .... alot of trouble to go to just for some external aesthetic...

kenrockwell.com/apple/lightning-adapter-audio-quality.htm

Well, actually of all the phones i had, the one that sounded best was an Xperia M with its native música player, the other phones wont even equalize.

>Pono... not a scam
24/192 is a scam

Probably just called up CS to have them slap a lightning interface onto one of their low power DACs.

>using an equalizer
Try BlackPlayer. It seems to have a builtin equalizer for if the system one doesn't work or sucks.

I have noticed that you use "fags" a lot

I transcode 128kbps mp3s to FLAC and upload them to private trackers. I've been doing it for almost 10 years and never banned once.

>uploading/seeding ever
ISHYGDDT

>24/192 is a scam

I have no shit 32/768 and DSD 256 (X4) recordings on my computer... the scam train aint stopping any time soon buddy

It's okay, I do it ironically.

I want it now

>Its an option
You have to enable it with each comment every time a pass owner comments.

lol

>32/768
There is no musical instrument and audio equipment that is designed for the frequencies that would warrant 768 kHz sampling rate. You can't record it and you can't play it back (let alone hear it).

But can YOU set a dirty thing in a glass of water, set it on top of your speaker and play a flac file to ultrasonic clean it?

Is this the /pmp/ thread?

I can afford a dishwasher because I didn't spend $6k on one speaker.

I can't. And you can't. Your speaker have shitty low frequency response in ultrasonic.

To be fair it's an analog source so for an autist hoarder like me higher is better.
DSD is a meme though.

>DSD is a meme though
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml