APPLE ETERNALLY BTFO

APPLE ETERNALLY BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2015/12/hack-linux-grub-password.html
theverge.com/2017/11/29/16715246/apple-releases-high-sierra-root-security-patch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty cool looking button. Ive is a genius.

>silently remembering the early bug in OpenBSD's doas...

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>hiring by diversity and lib agenda is already showing results
nice

rootless

You have literally been able to boot into recovery mode and enable true root for years without a password.

>complaining about Apples customer friendly features
It's literally nothing

This.
What if you forget your password.
This is feature.

this man gets it!
I mean look at the hassle you have to go through on Microsoft if you forget your password

>they still regularly find escalations in Linux kernel going as far as 2.4
>insane teenagers are chanting that a userspace tool in macos is buggy
Gold.

>vulnerability in userspace tool gives full root access
LMAO

backdoor feature for CIA niggers

Not with access to the keychain, and not through that gay Shared View thing. This allows both.

There is already a thread about this with 200 posts.
Why did you think spamming it would be a good idea?

HOLY SHIT, DELETE THIS RN!

It will probably take them months to patch this like any software bug they have ever had...

How will mactoddlers EVER recover?

already patched before this thread was made

>t. mactoddler

It's also been shown to work remotely over Apple Remote Desktop

So basically it's a CVSS 10++++

Except if you're using FileVault, which everyone with half a brain does.

Everyone with half a brain dropped macshitOS decades ago.

kek @ picture
how, just how

Yes, it's not like we had it with shitfests like HAL and consolekit. It's not like sudo has escalations found nearly every year.

iTODDLERS WILL DEFEND THIS

Diversity there means ivy league and MIT+Stanford at best.

Just installed patch, doesn’t work anymore.

Passwords are the weak point of their agenda. Maybe they should introduce vagina and penis scanner.

How does it work? I imagine with 8 and up it's an online recovery of your MS account, but in 7 the accounts were local.

I remember in XP SP3 you'd have to format reinstall the OS, but your data was not encrypted anyways so you could recover it.

I don't remember this function.

I can't afford this.

Full me

Full meme

OH NO NO NO

kek

this was patched within days of being discovered
I'm sure the root bug will be too

thehackernews.com/2015/12/hack-linux-grub-password.html

what about that linuxoids?

>posting a dead os
You realize this effects the latest version of osx right?

wow

They patched it now. Had it pushed to my work Mac

God dam, this is the kind of shit you expect from wangblows XP from WW2.

Aplel just can't get a fucking grip after they put that limp wristed literal faggot in charge and let johny out of his cage.

This feature only works if during the initial setup of your password, you choose for ''save password file to usb stick'', and you insert the usbstick with encrypted key file during login

Oh, and btw, if you hold F8 during boot you can login as Administrator without password and reset all users account passwords, this has been in Windows versions for at least 15 years.

>its another retarded apple user attempts to prove 'MS are worse' episode, by posting complete shite.
NOBODY in the history of computing has ever PRODUCTION SHIPPED an OS with active password-less root account. Its literally untoppable. Apple won already, give up.

we are reaching meme levels that should not even be possible

It's enabled by default on every Mac.

With a major in cultural anthropology though.

ITS ALREADY PATCHED
T
S

A
L
R
E
A
D
Y

P
A
T
C
H
E
D

>maximum damage control
There’s absolutely no excuse for this to even exist in the first place

How many of those haven't been fixed the same day they've been reported?

tfw theverge.com/2017/11/29/16715246/apple-releases-high-sierra-root-security-patch
>There's also no reason for any of the hundred Linux bugs to exist.
t. Linux user

>How many of those haven't been fixed the same day they've been reported?
There's a difference between a fix being issued and a fix being universally applied.

>dead OS has most market share for PCs

Linux doesnt have the highest market cap of any tech company in usa you fucking retard monkey. Linux has hordes of real men fixing bugs for free because Apple kicked them out for not being diverse enough

I T . W A S . R E P O R T E D :
W
E
E
K
S
A
G
O
researchers informed of the issue, quietly and ethically. They did shit till the Twitteratti got a hold of it. Apple can and should, IMO, no longer be regarded as a serious player in the business desktop marketplace. They literally don't care.

I love how Apple fixes it in a day wheres with linux you’d be waiting a week for it to show up and the only alternative is some dodgy script nobody trusts.

sauce?

lol IBM switched to all apple because pc was too costly to support the constant issues affecting productivity. enjoy that lenovo thinkpad though, no superfish we promise this time.

>no longer

Okay so the lesson here is:
Mac OS has a flaw that requires physical access so it doesn’t really matter
Linux has a flaw and it’s something like heartbleed or ssh privilege escalation that makes everyone run around like the sky is falling

They took over two weeks to fix it, yet STILL rushed the fix out and broke shit.

weren't posted on Twitter but, were it? Howdyou expect a post-desktop go-getter firm like Apple to notice otherweise, f' real?
>requires physical access
well, if and when SSH remote root access falls under your peculiar definition of physical(?), sure. But, back in the real world, however..

MACTODDLERS BTFO

IT ISN'T
T

I
S
N
'
T

THE ABSOLUTE ~STATE~ OF MACFAGS

sorry you can't update your computer properly pajeet

>If I call him names, maybe the truth will go away
Why are apple fags are always so small?

>heartbleed
This wasn't linux specific retard. It was an openssl bug.

It still works in windows 10

>best
you do realize that if it there was no diversity bullshit the "best" would look much different?

good thing nobody with linux uses openssl

That's the worst burn in I've ever seen

Posting on the Apple Support forums isn't reporting a bug.
Those are community forums not monitored by Apple.

If they actually wanted to legitimately report the bug, they should've filed it through the feedback system, and the security researcher should've contacted Apple in private before going public with the whole thing.

Regardless, less that 24 hours to patch a bug like this has to be some kind of record, Microsoft usually just silently folds them into Patch Tuesday.