Not even self hosted anymore

>Not even self hosted anymore
Is C dying, Sup Forums?

>Is C dying, Sup Forums?
Where have you been in the past 30 years?

>SJW retards and autistic NEETs are representative of industry use

>Go is that popular
We're doomed.

No.

C will never die. It may fall out of popularity because of the next big meme language that lets you use emojis or other stupid shit but C will always be the fallback language that gets used when someone just can't get an idea to work in any other language

>C will always be the fallback language that gets used when someone just can't get an idea to work in any other language
What does this even mean? If you can't get the idea to work in any other language, it's a shitty idea you won't get to work in C either. C isn't some magic PL that allows you to do impossible.

C is literally one step above ASM, it can't die, it will always be there for low level stuff and driver dev. kys everyone who can't see beyond webdev

>not writing lowlevel with nodejs

C++ was a mistake

C was a mistake, C++ was a half-hearted attempt to fix it.

Rust

>he broke out his one successful bait post into a separate thread.
We're dealing with an expert here. Watch out.

Yep c++ is an abomination. C is beautifully minimalistic.

Based. Sup Forums is starting to see the fad C is.
>using a non hosted language in 2017

>beautifully
hardly. The only difference between C++ and C is that C++'s inconsistencies and edge cases are ever-growing, while C's inconsistencies and edge cases can all be committed to memory since the language is so small.

Honestly I'm just waiting for when someone posts you know what. It's pretty obvious to me. I'm with you on this OP.

Better than all the scripting languages above it on the list at least.

Not really no.

C is minimalist because its dead, Jim. It's a language stuck in the past and has no future.

Yes, really. Scripting languages are viable for small scripts only. Once your project grows, you have to shoehorn static-ish typing in anyway with shit like verbose documentation. You have to use static analysis and unit tests to ensure the wrong types are not used by mistake. At that point there is no reason to not just use a fucking statically typed language.

>once your project grows
Not her but if I find resource constraints I just move it to C++. No dicking around.

Resource constraints as well, but I was talking more about maintainability and associated overhead with large projects in dynamically typed languages.

So scripting languages are bad because some people use them where it's not suppose to be used?
user, did you took your pills today?
Why the fuck should anyone write their scripts in C++ or JAVA?
I'm talking about fucking scripts, not huge projects.

Yeah I guess I always avoid dynamic languages when I can (just due to the programming overhead) so I don't know much about that.
>where it's not supposed to be used
The point is that the realities of software development make it so you don't know where you will end up.
>scripts
I'm sure that there's some leniency for sufficiently small project but the way I'd see it you're basically replacing batch/bash at most. People don't normally use python for that kind of basic scripting exclusively.

>some people
More like most of them.
>Why the fuck should anyone write their scripts in C++ or JAVA?
They shouldn't, as long as it's an actual script, not a 1k+ sloc behemoth.

Try to implement a kernel with JavaScript