Microsoft announces tabs in the desktop

>Microsoft announces tabs in the desktop
>Everybody rejoice
In reality they just baked Edge and Bing into every application window
youtube.com/watch?v=3lEjuU-XFHg
are they legit retarded? Everybody can remember when they baked Internet Explorer in the desktop, and how they ended up in court

Meanwhile, shill threads are starting to pop-up already

that looks like a great feature OP. i cant wait for it.
I wonder if it will ever get ported to ubuntu?

i dont have tabs you lying fuck

Is there a point to it? Don't they have tabs at the bottom per default? Called task bar?

By your standard, IE5 had tabs as well. You could always open another window.

>Folder is called Quick Access and with almost 100% certainty not a folder
>OneDrive with almost 100% certainty can't be removed
>3D Objects

What is 3D Objects, please explain to a poor ubuntu nigger

It is just a button that opens a literal Edge tab in the application window
you can't make this shit up

no but i bet you have aids.

I think the 3D shit is for 3D printing

That's why IE5 was so successful. Every web dev additionally optimized for it for a very long period of time.

Whoa, windows has 3D printing support built in now? I think that's pretty cool.

>home,share,views

Those are tabs or as microcock likes to call them ribbons.

How can they sue them for that?
Nobody forces you to use it?

yes they do if they bake the browser into basic desktop functionality

it is a literal monopoly-friendly tactic

So, it only works for win10 shop applications? The explorer window didn't feature it.

KDE4 had this feature for all applications globally, it got shafted in plasma because normies can't into tabs. I guess this win10 thing will learn he same lessons.

Someone send this to Trump? He'll fuck them up if they're breaking the law since Microcuck rallied against him with other tech companies.

Nah, Trump needs MS more than MS needs Trump.

>transparent windows frame on modern apps
Finally they keep their promise, though it doesn't support on win32 apps.

Yup, most likely they want to introduce new file explorer soon that's why they abandon it.

>66
Kek wills it.

How the fuck does Trump need MS? They'll be begging him to stop but THIS TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES

ps2 was pretty sexy

I removed OneDrive.

Its had it since 7 you fucking moron

Linux usually has these features before microshit and I haven't seen it on my ubuntu thinkpad, so he's right to be surprised...

After having watched the video I find it pretty useless. who wants to open Word + a website in tabs and not side by side Windows? And who gives their laptop to their sister? When programming on a laptop I always have a 50:50 split of IDE and a browser with a floating shell, tabs would be the last things I want accross applications.

>I don't use this so no one else does

>How the fuck does Trump need MS?
One does not govern against tech and media companies. And Microsoft is both, like google. Their products are invasive, they are everywhere and in the end they show and decide what the users want to see. If you have to govern like Trump or the GOP in General, gaining power over media outlets like the Koch brother's purchase of the meredith company is crucial.

Calling out their bs is their biggest weakness. If you want to make sure no one hears that, you got to comply to the distributors.

I've had tabs on Nautilus for years my man

What is the point of this when the task bar and virtual desktops exist?

Why group all the programs you're using into a single window (meaning that you can't compare side by side) when they're already grouped on the taskbar, and you can separate work/games/music or whatever onto different desktops.

>What is the point of this when the task bar and virtual desktops exist?
a) Most people don't use those features
b) Most people would be too dumb to put the task bar to the top to have it look like the damn tabs
c) it's new, shiny and advertised
bonus: How do you want to whip edge in everyone's face when it doesn't have any benefits like redundant crap?

>There are now four ways to open a program. Start, taskbar, cortana, and edge.

5. Desktop, or Explorer in general.

I agree
excuse the shill team, they are already in damage control

6. MINIX

>shill threads

shills killed Sup Forums

avoiding to pay ad revenue is theft

>we need a PDF and ebook viewer
just bake it into Edge
>we need tabs
just bake apps into Edge as """""""tabs""""""""

next stop, killing the desktop again

Well, when kde4 was a thing we could group any program to one or multiple titlebars. I used it to keep my work in an easily dragable context that was grouped together in the taskbar and window. It was a breeze to work with multiple context on one desktop with no need for virtual desktops or activities.
Also neat for programs that don't support tabs, like games and shit.

you can remove one drive from powershell desu

Windows 10 has a bunch of 3D apps, for 3D printing and making 3D models. I made a little object in Paint 3D.

Just install q-dir?.. Don't people know you can install shit?

>Everybody can remember when they baked Internet Explorer in the desktop, and how they ended up in court
I don't, tell me a story please

Not sure if this will actually happen, but they say that first they’re implementing it into UWP apps, then normal programs and then programs with a custom titlebar. (ie. Photoshop)

I hope the kwin dev gets his ass moving to implement it again thanks to win10 introducing normies to that idea.

Nigga one drive and all its other bloatware takes a couple minutes to remove. Some use powershell, i just use ccleaner, then you simply right click and delete icon in explorer forever gone. The only thing i can't seem to get 100% gone is cortana, even though it's turned off and removed in processes it still shows cortana. Anyone know what that is?

you can never remove the botnet from Windows dipshit. What you think is removed just silently runs in the background and will not show in the task monitor.

bitlocker keys, passwords, files etc all will be send to microsoft regardless of settings. You are living in dreamworld user, do you want to know how far the rabbit hole goes?

>using (((ccbotnet)))
i love how wincucks need botnets to clean their botnet.
ah man, glad i jumped ships to linux before windows 7 even came out

>Everybody can remember when they baked Internet Explorer in the desktop, and how they ended up in court
You're the one being a retard here.
They baked Explorer into the desktop because they ended up in court.
When the browser is part of the OS, it's not "bundling" anymore

Ccleaner was only a botnet with x32 install, and it was already fixed dumbass.

>they've made win32 applications flat as fuck because new apps were flat
>make new apps transparent yet leave win32 flat
is it so hard to make title bar of win32 applications transparent too
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kill yourself weeb

anime website soy

* soy anime website
FTFY.

Search is integrated to cortana, eventhough you disable cortana functionality, the process is still named cortana. If you're that paranoid like me, you can just use advance firewall and block the connection for that cortana.

This already exists, it's called clover and it's based on chrome instead.

But if this is decent then it'd be nice not having to install chink software

It's fascinating how even in their official videos Windows looks like a half-assed mess

Edge and File Explorer there look like they belong to entirely different OS based on functionality and look

(You)

i put fidget spinners in your mom

oh boy, active desktop 2.0: electric boogaloo?

not to mention that it obviously won't work with win32 applications, and noone actually uses many uwp applications besides calculator and edge

micrococks should stop stealing ideas

3d objects is bloatware, just install blender

Window Manager would need to support it. All it's doing is drawing window contents to a different frame which the WM's compositor handles.

Different concept from Browser tabs.

>only for W10 apps
>not Win32
I legit use 0 modern apps concurrently anyway. Hit me up when they have a WM comparable to Haiku.

yeah the slim one is really good looking
i wish they brought that design back

No fuck that, just because someone else did it first doesn't mean everyone else should suffer. Exclusivity is a cancer in every field, if something is good then it should be copied so that everyone can utilize it.

I personally find this very confusing, just like Facebook.

I think the future of UI is this subjective mess, normies love it.

so you can't remove all of them, just one?

>They baked Explorer into the desktop because they ended up in court.
>When the browser is part of the OS, it's not "bundling" anymore
It is exactly the opposite
they merged Internet Explorer and explorer.exe, and they got a court order for monopoly strategies
they even had to advertise other browsers after an update, so that people know they can chose

Should I update LTSB?

shit seems so pointless.
wouldn't be much more flexible and easier to allow you to save a bunch of applications with their window sizes as a workspace or something?

this
the problem is that they don't want to provide the best solution, but the one they can use as an Edge and Bing shove

But i had tabs on Explorer since W7.

and then they'll give him some money and he'll shut up.

>skyrim
you must be 18 or older to post here

the only people i know who play skyrim are >30

>thinking Windows doesn't have a backdoor through its own firewall for botnet.

How? 3rd party program?

How? I'm on Windows 7 and I can't find any option that lets me to have tabs on Explorer.

I have search disabled as well and swore cortana blocked completely in firewall. Search becomes disabled completely blocking cortana initially anyway.

Clover.

i prefer the fat one, looks cool
its bigger, sure but its the best model IMO anyway, easy to softmod and can take a HDD

Thanks. I wish the installer wizard were in english, but it works flawlessly here.

>he uses windows 10 apps
rer

>no one uses our shit store pajeet
>i know we will make the apps even worse
>excellent choice lets eat curry and shit on the streets in celebration

IE has been baked into the OS since win98.

>baked in

Kill yourself

post illya folder

KWin had feature years ago, but it was dropped in KDE5.

Haiku also has window tabs.

>it's M$ edge everywhere
I think I'm feeling nauseated now

damn, that looks comfy

Is over, I don't want to make us of computers with windows installed, not anymore.

Hmmmmmmmmm......

>All they did was move the grouping function of the taskbar to the title bar of windows.
messy, inconvenient, and cumbersome.

>any modern file explorer already has tabs, even fucking total commander on android has tabs.

>introduce virtual desktops in windows 10
>introduce tabbed desktop in windows 10
For the love of fucking god what is the fucking point? Windows 10 is already twice as bloated as it needs to be purely because of the clusterfuck that is the control panel and settings application. I don't know who but someone at Microsoft needs to get fucking shot.

>implying there is even one modern app worth using

>what's pihole

More like 10 seconds, shit's done with one single line + Y/Enter.

Yo Amma.

>tab for file manager cool
>look at my own
>oh it already has tabs
>never used it

gg for "inventing" microshit

Oh look another update to Windows that doesn't fix any of the actual shit wrong with it but adds some useless feature.

Imagine still using this OS

>windows 10

>First ask is Tabs for Windows Explorer
>First ask for CMD team is Tabs on conhost
>Microsoft releases multitab shell for any app
everyone's happy!