Torrenting on android

Is there anything else besides pic related?

I'm glad this came up, because I've been facing an issue. I'm currently using Flud if that matters, but I've tried a couple others, too.
Anyway, whenever I'm downloading multiple torrents my speed absolutely drops. My internet can manage 8MB/s but I get much less than even 1MB/s combined speed.

Only when multiple torrents are downloading. Can anybody relate?

On what device?

Moto Z Force

Are you using a wifi router to connect to the internet or directly with your phone?

I'm using my router.

Since you have the same issue with all apps, it is a wifi chipset problem imho. It just can't handle many parallel connections.

That very well could be true. I'll mess around with it more and see if I figure anything else out.
Thank you.

Perhaps.

Equally likely is your router isn't very good at handling NAT and you're filling your NAT tables in memory. Try limiting your individual connections to about 50 and see what happens.

It's a common issue with shit routers, regardless of torrent client/platform.

Don't torrent on your phone. Just install a remote control for the client running on your NAS/home server.

It's for my tablet akchtually.

Doesn't matter. Torrenting on mobile devices suck because they won't be able to sleep and Wi-Fi is slow anyways.

Managing another client from your mobile device is pretty comfy, though.

I agree. However it's for my little sister so that she can stay away from my pc lol.

What router/modem?

What do you mean they won't be able to sleep?
Also, Wi-Fi can keep up with most connections unless you have gigabit internet but can't afford a decent router.

a shitty zte that came from my isp

install tmux -> aria2c/transmission/rtorrent

>What do you mean they won't be able to sleep?
The device won't enter low energy state because it will always be trickling data back and forth. Battery will be dead in no-time.

fuck off neckbeard
i just want a simple torrent client that just works for my tablet. i don't want to set up all this shit.

Depends on your internet speeds, I suppose. You can have it shutdown automatically once downloads are complete, anyway.

Kys brainlet.
[pkg install transmission]
Wow that was hard.

For shits and giggles, install uTorrent, match the settings as best you can. Download everything and see if it chokes.

I'm betting it does. If it does, NAT issue.

Setting up a bittorrent application on your device is the exact same amount of work. Install -> enter config shizzle - > done.

But you don't get a notification of the client's status doing this right?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I use Transdroid to monitor a Transmission instance on my NAS and it can show a notification when a download is completed.

What torrenting app is that?

Use the Image search engines. It is libretorrent

THanks!

Torrent Client on F-Droid is the only torrent client on android I haven't had any problems with

I use tTorrent, because I have for years

Torrent client is a lot better than this buggy shit. It might be good once it's stable but so far, torrent client is the only worthy app on Android.

BiglyBT and Breeze are possibly best solutions. LibreTorrent is buggy.