C and Bitcoin?

Can Bitcoins still be mined without a farm?
What if your mine them in C to save energy and just give it a lot of time?
Thanks anons

Bitcoin mining software is probably made in C yes.

As for mining, Eth is a good one to mine with nicehash and hopefully gpU

wut

What don’t you understand?
You know you can mine in every language right?
Math is math
>the current state of Sup Forums

Sure, I'm the retard. Let me force you to re-read what you just posted:
>What if your mine them in C to save energy and just give it a lot of time?

no

You need huge scale to break even nowadays. Especially with inflated GPU prices. The days of in-home mining are over, you missed out.

Listen user
I actually don’t want to fight with you today
Can you help me understand why using C wouldn’t be better than using C++ for one
Two, are there different alogorithms you can use to hash?
Btw I’m a brainlet, I forgot to clarify earlier

The difference is negligible. You're going to be paying more in fried GPUs and electricity bills than you're making in mined bitcoins (i.e. mined satoshis). So mine with whatever you want, you're basically just buying Bitcoins in an inefficient way, very slowly.

If your algorithm is solid than after optimizing there shouldn't be a significant performance between binaries compiled from either language.

Help me understand this then

Not him but sauce? that looks interesting

Not sure of original sauce, you can image search but I originally found it here and it’s actually the basis of my bitcoin question

C doesn't run on GPU

Holy shit user! You're really onto something!

>mining bitcoin
>on your personal PC
>not using a farm of ASIC miners
>anywhere outside of china and specifically regions with free electricity as compensation for various enviromental hazards
>IN 2017 FOR FUCK'S SAKE
why don't you just calculate the daily cost of running your GPU at full throttle and flush that amount down the toilet every day?
because that's effectively what you'll be doing

Why would it take a GPU at full throttle if you could find a more energy efficient way to hash

Because "more efficient" at this point means .00000000002 btc/hour instead of .00000000001

Mining on anything but dedicated hardware is a waste.

What if you mine them in minecraft?

>energy efficient way to hash
like..the ones that have been around for ages?
besides, isn't running the GPU at full capacity KIND OF THE POINT of maximizing your profits?

On top of that, mining BTC is not just unprofitable in 2017, it's straight up retarded. Even running 20 GPUs at the same time would be unprofitable, let alone one

In all seriousness you can mine them on a lot of things, even client-side apps
You can mine them in Excel too

You can even mine them through javascript, in browser.
Which many sites do against your will.

Why are you using a gpu for the entire hash though?

Is the farm disconnected from a network?

Think before posting please

Least intelligent thread on this board.

Shameful, really.

Oh my god, holy fucking shit, what a genius, who but he could have figured out that you should use the most optimized implementation possible to get the most hashes per time?

Next he'll invent the concept of creating those algorithms in optimized hardware!