What are the best IT certifications?

What are the best IT certifications?

what are the best entry level certifications?

CCNA
MCxx

/thread

You don't need certifications.

You need to do projects.That teaches you more than getting a "good goy" diploma for learning one company's services.

Projects are for engineers.
Certs are better suited if OP want to be a sysadmin

A sysadmin... Wanting to be a sysadmin...

What the fuck, why? I mean, sure do what said and cry yourself to sleep every day with your unfullfilling job if that is what you want.

Then what do you suggest and why/how?

I'm an engineer and I live on 4ish hours of sleep a night, plus am legally prevented from getting overtime pay. There are far worse things to be than a system admin, and a lot of engineering jobs are among those things.

Today, I slept late, came into work around lunch, had a couple of meetings and then went home.
Engineering is only stressful if you let it be.

I sleep 4 hours (half shift) at my SysAdmin job. Daily.
No joking.

I'm thinking about getting into IOT and cloud security. After twenty years of software development, I need a change. As far as I can tell, CCSK is the only relevant security certification one can earn without several years of provable experience in a security job. Would this cert even be worth pursuing even if we just a way to get my foot in the door?

so tomorrow you have twice as much work to do since you wasted today?

I still worked 7 hours, but yes.

I would add that if your going for any government job Security+ helps alot.

what do people think of the linux foundation certs?

do you want a job that pays you money or a job that does not?

Which division of IT are we talking about?

Then we can talk entry certs

CCNA

A+ N+

Any good course for CCNA?

I'm gonna get the A+, N+, and S+ certs next year. Can that land me a good job compared to just getting the A+ cert alone?

he looks tired and disillusioned

My community college has every course for CCNA training but they dont provide you with the cert test itself but everything you learn in class is basically content on the cert exam and u learn directly from cisco net acad.

I had a job within a month of getting Security+.

But what was the job?