Hey Sup Forums my friends mother doesn't know anything about computers and just wants a very basic facebook machine to...

Hey Sup Forums my friends mother doesn't know anything about computers and just wants a very basic facebook machine to watch youtube videos and buy things on amazon. I can't seem to find any barebones machines online for around 100$. Anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking about getting a refurbished labtop or something off newegg, but she distinctly wants a tower, she already has a mouse and keyboard and monitor.

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/475579/OptiPlex_780_Desktop_Computer_Off_Lease_Refurbished
logicalincrements.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=YbgNssxI37k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just get a HDMI dongle PC or whatever the fuck

she sounds like a useless cunt

her monitor is an old style monitor that doesnt support HDMI, but otherwise a good suggestion! I didn't even know these existed, these are pretty cool.

Chromebook.

Low-end NUC. If $130-ish is still too expensive, try a compute stick.

microcenter.com/product/475579/OptiPlex_780_Desktop_Computer_Off_Lease_Refurbished

I found this, but I don't know how trustworthy DELL or REFURBISHED DELL is , what do you guys think?

>friends mother
>my

logicalincrements.com/
read the fucking sticky. also

she is really old fashioned and wont use anything other than windows.

>$100
>expecting anything reliable

>but she distinctly wants a tower, she already has a mouse and keyboard and monitor.
Intel compute stick

Tell your friend's mother to find her own fucking computer for $100 then.

The only usable computer at that price point is going to be a chromebook.

>her monitor is an old style monitor that doesnt support HDMI
>she is really old fashioned and wont use anything other than windows.

Intel compute stick + HDMI adapter, there's really no other option.

Ill see if she will go for this option

If she won't spend at least 250 bucks, then she's better off begging for someone's hand-me-down computer that's collecting dust in someone's basement.

Either that or this

well she already has a computer, its just so old and shitty it takes 5 minutes to load up google chrome

Ram fixes everything

Just throw it away
youtube.com/watch?v=YbgNssxI37k

the ram has already been upgraded to the maximum the motherboard can support.

this
you should shit in her mouth and pillows

Maybe you should tell your mother to get a job that isn't at a fast food chain and pony up the extra $100 for a netbook

How much shit did she install on it?

used HP Compaq 6000 Pro or Dell Optiplex