/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/6-million-iphone-x-sold-black-friday-report/
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&nHeightMin=145&nHeightMax=147&nRamMin=3000
youtube.com/watch?v=mpQIDeu1DCE
gsmarena.com/sonys_upcoming_bezelless_flagship_has_specs_leaked-news-28499.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who bought a phone during Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

cnet.com/news/6-million-iphone-x-sold-black-friday-report/

I went from an X to a Note 8 after years of using apple devices and holy fuck lads, the note makes the X seem like a toy. I returned the X due to some weird problem because the screen looked yellow and weird even with night shift and truetone disabled.

Got a XZ1C on the way, was 200€ off at 399€

So I've got a Huawei MediaPad X2 and it just recently started acting up, screen/keyboard will become unresponsive for seconds at a time, and it overheats now. Are there any custom ROMs for this phone? Any other solutions? Should I just get a new phone?

Try a factory reset first

Postan from my new 5t
It's nice

BEST ≤ 5" PHONE THAT ISN'T AN IBONE

I like it a lot. Thank the God's I chose non priority free shipping.
>Ordered Thursday night.
>Delivered Sunday.

Pixel 2 or Sony XZ1C

Are the new xiaomemes still worth it in terms of battery life? My note 3 has got a 4000 mAh battery whereas a lot of the new ones seem to have dropped theirs down to 3000 mAh.

more 5t camera samples

Bloatsumg A5/A7 2017 x Mi A1 x wasting my money on alcohol?

Those are the only options due to my situation tbqh, i'm looking for absolute battery life x a nice screen (and nothing beats Super Amoled), that's why i can't find another option, but i still consider something else. I'm coming from a moto X (1st gen).

more

How are Oneplus phones with updates? I want a phone that will actually get every version of android for a few years

2 years

Rom community is top notch though

is there a site that I can see phones that have similar diamension to a certain phone? (i.e. I like the diamension of the galaxy a5 2017 and wouldn't want to go bigger and I want to see what's similar)

GSMarena's phone finder allows you to filter with min/max dimensions. The A5 is 146.1mm tall and in the link it's showing phones between 145-147mm gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&nHeightMin=145&nHeightMax=147&nRamMin=3000

Expect your Oneplus phone to be depreciated in 6 months

Are they easy to root?

is the Mi Max 2 likely to get a Lineage port anytime soon?

Is 'Dash Charge' legit or just a meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=mpQIDeu1DCE

Sup Forums I've never had a "flagship" before, always stuck to the cheaper phones, I'm currently using a Moto G5 and its doing pretty well.

Do I pull the trigger on the Pixel 2 though?

>5mil views
w-what?

oneplus 3T here, seems pretty damn legit to me. I get get a solid amount of power out of 30 minutes on the dash charger, and probably the best part is my phone has never gotten hot from it. I've never had a a phone with the quick charge alternative though, so I can't really say exactly how it compares to the qualcomm thing

>depreciated in 6 months
What makes it depreciated to you? My 3T just got an update to oreo (OOS 5.0) a year after its release. Not actually sure what I should be excited about with oreo though.

LG G6 or Nokia 8? Which one has the better camera?
Both are at the same price right now in Aus at 700 dingos

Just got the iPhone 8 plus after having the 6s for 2 years. Holy fuck is it an upgrade. Thought i'd hate the plus because how big it is, but fuck man do I love it. My friends were right once you go plus you never go back.

I ordered the evening of release and it just dispatched today and I'll get it tomorrow evening.
Can't wait, going from an OPO to OP5T.

cheers cunt.

Guys, my Xiaomi Redmeme 4 Prime was released last November. It's still on Android 6.0.1 with no plans for an update.

Have I been chinked? What's my best option going forward? Flash to LineageOS?

Has anyone here successfully removed the back cover of a One Plus 3T? My camera stopped focusing and I want to fix it but removing the back cover is way harder than all the videos make it look.

I'm still under warranty but the camera glass cracked a few weeks ago and now I don't think OnePlus warranty will cover it so I'd rather venture trying it on my own. Plus I don't have any other phone lying around so sending it would be a hassle.

iOS 11 jailbreak when?

It's legit, the only con is that you need to use the propietary charger and cable. If you don't have both it doesn't work.

Can't answer personally, but if you are ok with the giant bezels and want what's possibly the best smartphone camera on the market, then sure why not?

Personally, I can't bring myself to consider buying the pixel 2, as the bezels bother the everliving fuck out of me, and the 5" screen is a size step down from the 5.5" I currently have.

I'd look at reviews then go to a store and play with it in person if i were you. The pixel 2 appears to be relatively good all around. You may want to watch some durability tests on it though, if I remember correctly, the back coating scratches easily and there's a weak point on the side that can crack under unusual strain.

C H I N K E D

Anyone using Android Pay or similar? Has it changed your life? It's probably the only thing lacking with my old phone (no NFC).

Flash a custom rom.

What's the best AT&T compatible, sub $500 smartphone with a headphone jack that takes good pictures and runs close to stock Android?

Is the OnePlus 5T the clear winner here or is there a contender?

moto x pure (2015) I've been using since launch just died, looking at getting a used nexus 6p since I'm a poorfag. anything else around a $150 price point that would be better?

I take my wallet out of my pocket less I guess. not really life-changing

The Redmi 5 is launching on December 7th so I'd wait for that.

Sony about to fall for the bezel-less meme
gsmarena.com/sonys_upcoming_bezelless_flagship_has_specs_leaked-news-28499.php

>Sony phones don't work on Verizon
I want to upgrade next year though

When the fuck will front facing speakers become standard in smartphones?

Bought a pixel 2 from Verizon for 50% off with a 2 year contract

They sure do.

OnePlus 5 user here. It's honestly very noticeably better than all other fast charging tech I've used. It's simply the best method to fast charge a phone. Keeps the heat at the power adapter and out of the phone so the charging never slows down (until you get to ~80%+) even if you're doing high intensity gaming or video viewing.

They almost were a couple years back but not enough people cared enough. I predict that people will do the iPhone method with a loud earpiece and downfiring

My mi mix 2 gets about 7-8hrs SOT with it's 3400mah, which I don't miss the 9-10hrs my note 3 pro did. Beyond the battery size MIUI does a lot to get steady battery life.

Never now that bezelless phones are the trend.

I miss my Nexus 6

are you really using your phone speakers that much? why? what are you doing?

Both mi mix 2 and essential phone both have a front firing speaker at the top along with the bottom firing speaker. They're both stereo.

>bored with Galaxy S8
>Skipping S9 due to curved glass meme
>Pixel 2 XL is shit
>Verizon, no OnePlus 5T support

What do?

Do I get an OG Pixel XL and call it a day?

Change your provider is also an option

What's wrong with the 2 XL?

I want to buy a OnePlus 5 but they don't have it on their website. Owning an S8 made me miss the bezels. No idea why but it feels awkward typing without them

Garbage tier POLED. Don't want to have to return several phones get get one that's "acceptable"

Wait for Oreo flagships

>Wait for Oreo flagships that come out next year
>Pixel/Android One phone already on 9.0 by then
What's the point?

For people to keeping buying newer and newer smartphones

Not bad, which model is that?

I'm not sure what the SOT on this model is. I just need it to last me a busy day, which can be around 18 hours.

got my 5t today, recommend me some apps

Pixel 2 XL portrait mode seems pretty legit. Loving this phone so far.

about to get an Iphone X tomorrow what am i in for?

You can text and call your friends with it!

It's the curved edges. Typing on my mix 2 is the same as any phone because the screen is fully flat and not curved, side bezels are about the same

Are you all waiting to upgrade to the best value flagship the Honor V10 too? All praise Hawaii!

Z2 a shit.

t. Z2 owner silently suffering under the yoke of only 3gb of ram and 16gb storage

Great regret for spending car money on something you already have.

Get a galaxy s7. It's still way better than this year's midranges. Oh, I forgot that battery sucks. Get a s7 active than.

Did i fuck up by not getting the Moto Z2 Force from T-Mobile when it was $300 on cyber monday? I was turned off by its plastic screen and shitty camera. I was holding out for the Galaxy S8 to go on sale but it never did.

Does something bad happens to my phone battery if I plug it onto a power bank 2.1A port when the original charger has an output of 1A?

Your phone will only charge at the rate it allows. Charging with a faster charger always degrades your battery more than using a slow charger.

Essential only uses the bottom firing one

I own the superior smart phone: the iPhone X.

Currently the vest smartphone in existence.

>vest
Proof that iFags are retarded.

Damn that's pretty gorgy. How's you screen, any regrets? I have a panda one on the way. 2nd batch of hardware so hopefully none of the blue/burn in issues.

The screen is fine, yeah there's a bit of blue shift at extreme angles but I do not even notice it with normal use.

Recommended FOSS to-do list app for Android?

No burn in?

None that I can see, and I'm keeping a real close eye on it. Google made the on screen navigation icons dim after a second it two of pressing them, which should keep burn-in at bay.

Cool. Yeah I think there are obviously legit issues with one of the screen batches but as is always the case it gets blown all the fuck out of proportion by the media. Hell I have a 6P now and that thing blue shifts off-angle too. It's just everyone is looking for it on the XL2. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy to help, user.

Mate 10 or S8?

What's the best custom ROM for redmi note 4?

Anybody else have a problem with the S8 or S8+ where the headphone jack is extremely sensitive? Sometimes if I move the cord hearing in one ear will cut out or audio will stop working altogether. Possibly just my ear buds are fucked but this problem happens to me on both sets of earbuds that I have.

Once they release the sources it should.

My previous phone had only 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage.

Useful answer. Thanks, user.

xiaomi.eu for miui
lineage or resurrection remix for stock android

I'm looking to get a new phone for around $200. I currently have a Nexus 5 that has decided it doesn't want to connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth anymore. I'm thinking about getting the Nexus 6P.

Good idea?

OK these are pretty good actually.

Thanks for the response. I'm leaning towards the V30. But the stock and updated version of Android is really tempting. I've had bad experiences with shit like Touchwiz in the past so I guess I'm worried about the LG skin of Android being really bad.

Got a moto g5 plus from bestbuy. Upgrading from a galaxy core prime, this thing feels slick and responsive as fuck.

Wanted something different, cheap, and I figured why not try out a Blackberry Priv for that sweet physical keyboard. Paid $130, got it today.

Only complaint in about 12 hours of dicking around with it is that it runs pretty hot with the brightness up or if it's plugged in. Gonna give it a couple days and see what the deal is. Will be changing cell service on Friday and see how well she holds up all together then. So far I like it a lot, but I think I'm just smitten with having a new phone.

I am on the brink of buying Mi A1, but what worries me is the camera quality, especially the front camera. Do you know if the quality of the front camera gets better if you install the Google camera?

The camera worries makes me want to buy a p10, but it is much more expensive. Is the Mi A1 a better phone than the p10?

You're not going to get an amazing camera in that price.

Heck, you're not going to get an amazing camera if you spend $500 on a Oneplus 5T.

Why does the oneplus one seem to be so durable? are there any other phones that don't shit the bed after 1-3 years?

Don't buy any xiaomi phone if you care about camera.

Xiaomi does pretty much everything well besides the camera.

LG V30+ owner here. Yes, the skin is ugly, but I never experienced any stutter or lag yet in the three days I've had it. However the good thing about Android is that you can just install a better launcher and have it fit to your taste, so UI aesthetic isn't such a big deal anyway.

My two cents on this device is that it has the best design in all the market, pretty much like what the S8 and the iPhone X should have been if Samsung and Apple weren't bending over backwards in order to fit stupid gimmicks in their phones for brand recognition. V30's gimmicks are good marketing selling points, and can arguably come in handy if you're into that kind of things they're pushing, but they never get in the way of usability like the curved edges -which is good- because they're mostly software stuff. Frontal camera is really bad, but if you're not a self centered superficial person you won't suffer from it; rear cameras are good, and having full control over them is great, but LG's image processing isn't that great (this is very noticeable with the frontal camera), but this is nothing that can't be fixed with the port of Pixel's camera app. Battery is OK, I guess, yesterday I tested it: I disconnected the phone at 9 in the morning, and when I went to sleep at half past midnight I still had 10% left, with a grand total of 6 hours SoT, most of which with 4G+ connection enabled, auto brightness, vibration on keyboard presses, and always on display.