what ye workin on

auld

Other urls found in this thread:

adventofcode.com/
dictionary.com/browse/niggard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Banging bitches

ta be fukin honest oop is a load a shite

Redpill me on using quadtrees for my breakout game on java.

bit excessive

but I don't want to iterate every brick in a nested switch.

:c

Reminder to sign up for advent of code 2017 and join the Sup Forums leaderboard

adventofcode.com/
join code: 43046-941b8011

why would you need to do that

Finally managed to get rid of the last anti-FP zealot in my team by convincing another team to take him. At last I can write code without having to dumb it down so that everyone in my team will be able to support it if necessary.

night of the pure knives

>needs a social media account
nah

It's maddening how strongly opposed to learning FP (or anything else new to them, it seems) some people can be.

Quad trees need node structure to work making cache inefficient,get good performance on big scale, brute force will fit on L1 cache make it fast and easy to code.

Just use your github user. You do have a github right?

No.

My code works, that is all I need for now.

Got it as far as killing any player/enemy in any order and not having it crash.

because I wanna learn how to code games without using an engine?

do more programming

Do I need to update my entire quadtree and generate a new one every physics cycle?

I can't make a simple addition function in C if I want my variables to be arrays
It always breaks
I'm so tired and sad, can someone give me a quick rundown

only things that change need removing/reinserting

Say you have Person p = new Student(). p.dataField will return data values from the Person class, but a getter method e.g. p.getData() would return values from the student class. Does anyone know why?

Because Java is stupid like that. Use Kotlin Masterrace.

ok, that makes sense.

What information should a node contains?

four nodes?

what about the information of the things every quad contains (enemies)?

you cast the Student p to a Person type
the .getData() is virtual, and therefore it uses the Person overload

I haven't used this before. How do I use the join code?

Nevermind, joined the leaderboard.

need a few more details than that
show it

I need to write a neural net that will solve captcha images and I don't have a fucking clue where to even start.
Any suggestions?

start by writing a neural net
then make it solve captchas

Working on a replacement project for ctfd which should scale better and eliminate the problems it has

Yes

hi haze

How about only iterating blocks that are exposed?

how bout learning the shit that is used in the real world so I can later make more complex games?

pointless

Oh no, you're back.

Kotlin a shit

Who's Haze?

OOP is meme

A niggard (you)

Forcing the wrong solution is not going to help you apply it in the real world.

Dude, you're going to get sent to the packet palace if you don't learn Kotlin RIGHT NOW.

I can't be a niggard. There are no niggard Jews.

>Just got a direct recommendation to Purdue for graduate school
>Still can't fizzbuzz in Lisp

>he doesn't know java is the most used language in the world.
>but muh seples
you can't even code.

Nepotism and/or good grades?

dictionary.com/browse/niggard
oh really?

(fizz (buzz ( fizz ( buzz ) (buzz (fizz))))

also welcome to /dpt/ my jew brother

Clearly the language isn't the issue. The choice of data structure is. Get your head checked.

3.89 GPA, 80/66/93 on the GRE, but I'd never have expected those two things alone to be enough to get into an ivy league.
Especially the GPA, I was looking at a lot of other schools asking for "Most admitted students have a GPA of 3.4 or higher", which just seemed like setting the bar real low

(but (what (does ( it ) ( mean ( ?))))

>learning proper data structures and basic engine physics is somehow bad because is a breakout game
???

that's like claiming you shouldn't practice perspective because is a simple drawing.

kotlin means oop
oop means shit

dumb frogposter

Well desu Java is mostly used for enterprise solutions, not games. Still, I don't think Java is an incredibly limiting factor for games. Nowadays, the bulk of processing challenges exist on the GPU and not CPU. Since you're going to be freeing and releasing resources on the GPU through an API anyways, it doesn't matter what your programming language is. Plus JVM is actually pretty good, all things considered. It's not C/C++ efficient, but it has gotten pretty close.

סתום ת'פה אחי. הם לא יכולים לדעת

I mean I got into Yale and I only had a 3.6GPA in college. I ended up going to school in New Orleans though because I needed social education as well (I was a complete aspie until junior year).

>tfw you realize vector math is nothing more than basic algebra done on structs that are nothing more than an array of floats
wow

dumb frogposter

Did you do anything else special to get in? My dad went to Yale too and he graduated from some podunk shithole in colorado.

And vector calc is, you guessed it, calculus on arrays.

And Kotlin is, you guessed it, garbage.

I took a few dual enrollment courses in high school and had enough credits to enter college as a sophomore. Literally had no extracurricular shit nor anything else. I think I just impressed the alumni recruiter well enough and had a very Jewish last name.

oy vey i can barely type in hebrew. and you;'re the one who brought it up technically

sources to learning recursion for java? need help wit prime factorization algorithm

Learning how to rip assets from video games.

That might explain it then, I cranked my bachelors out in two and a half years by loading up in summer terms.

Lo, hem lo yekholim she anachnu zolim. Bimyuchad she anachnu mekhirim b'kakh.

Now goys can't google translate us.

Recursion is a language-independent concept.

>recursion for java
The only thing to know about recursion for language X is whether or not its tail recursion.
Otherwise learn how the call stack works and it pretty much explains itself.

I took 6 and a half years for mine
what's the rush?

lo yecholim ma she anachnu zolim? lada'at? aval ha trick hazeh meod chacham, ve yoter cal lichtov be anglit becholzot

I originally went in from industry and just wanted to get it over with so I could go back to working, but then I fell into the research hole and want to keep doing it.

holy fucking shit

Why do you think an octree is appropriate here? Once you've implemented your octree will you even know that it was effective Program it in a straight forward manner first, profile it, then implement the octree and you'll have actual evidence of performance gains if you get any. You haven't even said how many blocks you expect there to be at any given time or what their behavior is.

You might find it very difficult to add any special effects like moving blocks, exploding blocks, bejewled like effects, etc if you use an octree because it is difficult to iterate across an octree and query any given elements neighbors.

If you want to build a breakout type game where the objective is to mine out veins in a fuck huge field of blocks, then sure, octree is probably the right choice. Otherwise, this is just premature optimization because you haven't specified the actual problem space.

>you shouldn't learn concepts in a learning project because is not a NASA simulation
???

help me please, I have to learn some sqlite for tomorrow
any recommended fast tutorial to simply store and read data?

stockholme syndrome

Eem hem yodim she anachnu yodim she'anachnu chamdanim v'tricksterim, oz anachnu tzrichim "SHUT IT DOWN".

I have no experience in C# but I tried to create a dll. It doesn't work at at all. As soon as I implement the nuget package I want the program that is supposed to use the dll crashes. Some easier example that just returns a string works so it has to be a problem with the nuget package. I would like to know if a dll can't include such nuget packages or if that stupid nuget package causes it to be bugged.

I know this is a bad idea, and easily causing some crash or UB, and also impractical.

But is there any way to re-claim a memory that has been free()-d in the same address?
example:
char * foo;
foo = (char *) malloc(1);
*foo = 5;
free(foo);

//malloc in address pointed by foo

*foo = 13;

is that possible to do?

Retarded

Sane

Go is a pretty enjoyable language to work with, assuming you're not cripplingly locked into MUH GENERICS and MUH OOP.

#.(loop for i from 1 to 100 do
(format t "~:[~:[~a~;Buzz~]~;Fizz~:[~;Buzz~]~]~%~@*" (= 0 (mod i 3)) (= 0 (mod i 5)) i))

if you want to do that, manage the memory yourself
malloc a large block of memory for your program to use when it boots and then assign segments of it when needed in different places of code
then you can do things like that

it's literally just sql
what's the issue?
>read data
selekt * from table
>store data
updat3 table set muhfield = 2 where id = 1

reggah, anachnu zrichim le'daber al 9/11 lifneh she anachnu "SHUT IT DOWN"

as an aside, did you know that Sup Forums refuses posts that look like SQL?
had to mangle that to get the post through

select * from table
update table
set field = 2
where id = 5

Daily reminder that Python isn't parallel

T'kof, taaseh piguim.

Neither is your dick.

sure it is
you just launch another process

lol

Alla hu akhbar

sorry, forgot to mention, I know sql but now I have to do it on android

>try to understand a tutorial to code rigidbodies
>oh shit nigger, you need physics 1
>shit nigger you need calculus 1
>shit nigger you need vector math
>shit nigger you need linear algebra
>shit nigger you need precalculus (maybe trigonometry)
>shit nigger you need algebra I and II
>shit nigger you done goof in school by not caring about math

>I know sql but now I have to do it on android
wtf?

just a simple app to manage a local database

literally stupid frogposter

Ok that makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking of.