Why is this allowed?

why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/kTYWGX/samsung-850-evo-4tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-75e4t0bam
youtube.com/watch?v=aJBeTJB5qWU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_binning
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&=1&Description=m.2 ssd&=-1&N=-1&isNodeId=1&=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you implying that because the boards have the same dimension they have the same components?

not that you dumbass, all the extra space that could be filled with more gigabytes

Because on one the solid state storage was tested and found to have been a better batch.

Binning affects everything from CPU's, to RAM, to GPU's, to storage. if you have to lithographically print it, it has the potential to be binned./

They could fit more nand chips and make a bigger ssd cheaper..

What are you referring to?

Are you referring to the size of the case opposed to the size of the board?

NO SHIT

I thought that was fucking obvious

You're retarded.

pcpartpicker.com/product/kTYWGX/samsung-850-evo-4tb-25-solid-state-drive-mz-75e4t0bam

what does the board look like on those? does it fill the whole case?

16TB only companies would but it.

Yep. Go to 3:10.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJBeTJB5qWU

>cases have standardized mounting
>OP wants to buy a smaller ssd so then he'll have to spend extra money on a custom adapter bracket
This is fucking retarded. I can't believe I even replied. gg op.

my 500gb crucial and my 120 chink ssd are both 7mm and thats the only unit of size (beyond storage) that matters to me

there is no need to be upset
lemonKeyFace.jif

Because one contains TLC NAND, the other MLC. Wheres the point? Buy the EVO if you save games, buy the PRO if you edit videos on it.

then how do you put the drive in your 2.5" bay

>have a machine shitting out a thousand cases a day, all on an standard size, at an extremely low cost
>have board design that produces the minimum possible footprint and material usage to accomplish its purpose
>OP wants them to manufacture cases 1 inch shorter or to make bigger boards to fill the case just to appease his autism

what

i want reddit to leave

Why is this allowed?

But what if they only wanted 2 terabytes and still wanted to fit it in their drive bay correctly

Why is this allowed?

its not

user hit the nail on the head.
we only have cheap components because of standardisation

because chips are small
mechanical hard drives weren't

>oh shit our new PCB is a couple mm longer on the sides and back and our current case doesn't fit it! we're going to have to design a new case and throw out the 100,0000,0000 we already made!
You should have to prove you work in the tech industry to post on this board.

Fat American hands

What do you mean? They're making the board compatible with 3.5 inch drives

>tfw no qt3.14 kr gf

>Being this fucking dumb
Samsung Pros are MLC, the EVOs are TLC

It's not even the same fucking thing.

what the hell is that?

Fake external HDD with a thumbdrive in it and bolts for weight

>gibs me da niggabytes

t. op

The free market is never wrong.

it's a safety measurement.
when pushing data at high speed into that device, it could go balistic if not weighted down.

At the cost of added weight, higher heat, and more chance of failure. There's a reason the PCB is as small as it is in the case...

But... the NAND chips are what cost the money.

Not everything is gated by size. The SSD form factor is just so that it fits into a standardized drive slot which was based around HDDs and their plates and moving parts.

that's not it at all.
SSDs are limited by their controller, not how many chips you can physically fit in the shell.

So that I can mount it in my laptop using all 4 screw holes and it will stay in place instead of shaking around.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH That's fucking funny though.

more controllers = less likmits = more chips
checkmate faggot

so it slots into things like laptops correctly

Yeah, lets make a consumer 6 gorillion TB SSD that no one will ever buy because it fucking costs thousands of USD.
Fuck off my Sup Forums.

Samsung is sandbagging with their tech, they could make some amazing as fuck consumer drives but would rather gradually release the tech over dozens of years milking the consumer releasing in order to maintain high pricing.

kek

(You)

At least they don't catch fire after transferring 2gb.

And then it would cost more, are you thick?

WTF is that creature in the vid, please dont ever link this shit without warning.

>Binning affects everything
whats binning ?
i tried searching but only found statistical subjects
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_binning
and "binning ssd " shows lots of forum posts but no explanation of what it is

>not knowing about the built in hidden drug space

reddit go away

>why is this allowed?
because one oligopoly dictates the prices, avilability and quality.

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&=1&Description=m.2 ssd&=-1&N=-1&isNodeId=1&=

Sage.

But it was designed by japs

Why is this allowed?

I wish something would be done for heat dispersal using that space
Shit gets warm

It has a software limiter in place to ensure the bytes travel at the speed limit deemed safe by OSHA, but retards always try and overclock their hard drives, meaning those types of measure are usually required.

Imagine you create 100 silicone chips. You then go and test the characteristics of all 100 chips. only 5 of them come in within 95% of their technical specification, you label them grade A. then you have 45 chips that perform within 85% of their specification. You label them grade B. The other 50 chips do 80% of their specification. Those are grade C.

Your highest rated chips can be run at higher clock rates in a stable manner, so you use them in your top of the line products. Your grade B crop still runs fine at lower clock rates and performances, so you stick those in your middle of the road products, they don't perform bad but you can't use use them in your top of the line product either. The rest of your grade C chips gets sold off to other manufacturers who buy up all the excess that you can't use in any of your products, but can be clocked lower and sold in budget product lines just fine.

Never trust koreans!

By japs, for americans

>i tried searching but only found statistical subjects
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_binning
That's exactly what it is, you dumbass. Just with hardware instead of samples.

Why is this allowed?

If the noodles take up the entire cup, you can't fill it without the noodles floating out.

Fucking kek