Net neutrality

Fuck that brown piece of fucking shit that wants me to pay 5 dollars to pay for fucking pubg. We need to do something to save net neutrality

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Yawning/obfs4/blob/master/doc/obfs4-spec.txt
nber.org/papers/w22040
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1587058
nber.org/papers/w22040.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Free market. goy! Pay up those shekels. You are not a communist, are you?

Just look at this Indian fuck. He drinks from a giant Reese's mug.

not sure man. i submitted my comments on the FCC website, but they didn't listen. then i called my congressman, and they didn't listen either. i even signed that whitehouse.gov petition, but nothing happened.

is it too much to ask for our government to listen to us? we're paying them, after all...

the internet is his designated shitting street

>everything goes back to before feb 1015
Is this the new It's Happening meme?

and soros is paying you. years you have been at this shit on Sup Forums and now your cancer has spread to other boards

Can someone actually kill him. Like just go and shoot him.

>i submitted my comments on the FCC website, but they didn't listen.
see, that parts illegal. this is where mr p. jeet here can explain to a judge, exactly why he 'didn't listen' to 4 million other comments.
>its sorrooossss time again
get a new act already, you fucking dullard

>soros
i wish some dude was paying me... getting paid to complain about my government would be awesome.

>get a new act

no u. you guys have like 4 templates you follow.

you guys over at Sup Forums have a closet hard-on for that guy i swear

what are the benefits to the consumer of repealing Net Neutrality?

he openly funds groups like the one you work for

>Wikipedia
>Youtube

>Amazon, newegg, paypal
Why would you pay for all the other stuff?

internet providers like comcast would be able to charge their customers more for certain internet services. or limit the speed of certain services at their whim.

i don't see the upside...

>muh subscription boogey man
You know they can already DO that. A White List is very different than a Black List.

Form a coherent argument and I might support Net Neutrality.

isps overprovisioned
isps assumed you weren't going to use more than 2% of the subscription
isps were blindsided when people started actually using the services they paid for
isps refuse to upgrade infrastructure to support the subscriptions they are selling
isps want to repeal net neutrality so they can continue to sell the same internet package except you're allowed to use less of it

competition will be decreased with the removal of net neutrality

how does the removal of net neutrality benefit the consumer

>Jews
>Not communists

This is why nobody respects you liberal communist scum anymore

you don't understand. corporations are love and life. anything the government does is evil because corporations have my best interests at heart always

>we need to do something
the statement of the person who does nothing

When the free market can serve the more beneficial members of society like job creators and money movers more efficiently, consumers and workers benefit.

People don't get rich in a vacuum, other people benefited when they were given jobs and paid for their services in the process.

Again, that has NOTHING to do with Net Neutrality. ISP's can add whatever bandwidth caps and modifications they want to their services. Net Neutrality is about ISP treating all websites the same it has nothing to do with how much bandwidth ISPs advertise and provide.

>isp boogyman

This is what communists actually think

how does that boot taste?

You can save the internet!

I am having some difficulty relating the content of your post to the shitfest carcrash that is Comcast, or even NN for that matter, the topic nominally under discussion. Perhaps you could further enlighten me?

You tell me after we throw you out of the helecopter

every single thread there are countless reasons why repealing net neutrality is bad for the consumer.

I've yet to see any counter arguments. Does anyone have an argument besides you're wrong?

Sarcasm is not an argument, but what else do you expect from braindead communists

You don't have to worry about high internet prices when companies can afford to lift wages and hire more people due to better productivity. This is basic economics.

the short of it is, nobody except for corporations win, so no...

so, if I've got this right:
>making Comcast richer will make AMERICA richer
>everyone else in this thread is a communist
feel free to correct any misunderstanding. As people have repeatedly said, we are really, really keen to hear from someone who can provide a reason, any fucking reason, as to why repealing NN is a good idea for anyone but Comcast. Your comments are proving invaluable in proving certain theories. WE listen, y'see.

>vidya pack
>called "playground"

That's right goy. You don't want to be communists, pay up those shekels to access anti sematic websites like 4gag.

Because it gives too much regulatory power to the FCC. Ya know the thing your crying about not being democratic. and title 2 is overreaching

You really think that wealth generation doesn't require investment from companies like Comcast? What about all the programmers, technicians, engineers, and contractors they'd hire if given a higher degree of freedom to operate on?

Move out of your parent's bedroom and make something of yourself sometime, I hear ISPs could be hiring workers with the right skills.

Marx was literally a jew. Next you'll tell me your party didn't found the KKK.

>$95 for full internet access
Look im not in fucking favor of net neutrality either but this could be a lot worse. I'm sure we'll be able to weather the storm for the next two years until the dems regain congress, or this gets fucked in court. That being said, websites being shut down is still a massive fucking issue.

Now, i'm wondering something. Lord knows that Sup Forums has mastered the art of weaponized autism, but could Sup Forums do the same? You guys know that thing Sup Forumstards always post that shows the bildegerg group, and all the companies that they control? Well, surely their must be public data availible on what compani es that the heads and principal investors of every ISP in the US have business interests, right? I know its a fucking longshot, but if we managed to compile a list of these companies, would it be possible to wage economic warfare against the heads and owners of the ISP's by targeting/boycotting the companies/products that they have business interests in? I know its a long shot, but something is better than nothing, and its almost a certainty that they'll end up repealing net neutrality at this point.
>in b4 "not your personal army, faggot"

Because those companies paid comcast for a bundle so they're the only websites you're able to access at all. You don't get a choice.

What made you think you get to choose what websites are offered? lol

If you want your website to be part of a bundle package, you better get a few million dollars together so you can pay the telecom for the privilege of being accessible.

>too much regulatory power to the FCC
network infrastructure is too important not to be regulated. fucking this up damages your country because you will lose business to sensible countries, not to mention how the citizens will be treated. In the united states people are second class citizens when compared with companies. This is simply a power grab, and the overwhelming majority of citizens will be worse off.

>there are amerifats so clueless about power and society that they will defend the company as a person over real humans.

So why do anti-NNers prefer corporate monopolies to the free market?

>monopoly boogyman

Government is the ultimate monopoly if you think about it

Sup Forums is a really slow, sometimes shitty board. This might have went unnoticed if I wasn't here! Great idea, let's get this shit rolling. We need to gather massive amounts of info, and create "memes" that serve as weapons against the fucks. Let's do it. We need to make a daily thread documenting our progress.

Do your own job lazy shill fuck

so you *don't* want free markets?

The only shill here is you, faggot fuck.

>free markets
There are 4 major ISPs. What "free market"?

Nope not a shill. I can prove it. Could you?

There literally is none; only ISPs benefit.
The consumer has the potential to get ass raped if Net Neutrality were to disappear.

Nevermind, ill just post this on r*ddit. They may nit be as good at weaponized autism, but there are significantly more people there. Its a shame, if Sup Forums wasnt full of retards they would have made excellent allies.

Four? More like two and a half.

Are you Indian or what?

How many Americans can choose between all four of them? How many have no alternatives at all? You can't be so naive to think ISPs are kept in check by free market competition.

Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner, and Verizon.

No, depending on your definition of it i'm white

True. Most have like one choice. They've probably agreed on "turf" between them. The USA is divided among them

>communist
>liberal
pick one

Since everyone in the USA is soon rich with all that trickling down that is happening for 30 years now, everyone will buy shares in the ISP and get even richer from the other suckers that will be paying more.

Free market wins & everyone is super rich now, with the best internet.

>free market
The US's broadband "market" is a sea of local monopolies. That's the main problem in the US, net neutrality or not isn't really something that would make much of a difference because small players are locked out of the marketspace and bigger corporations are not competing with each other.

The broadband market in the EU and the rest of the world is a whole lot more free. We actually have competition here. And this makes net neutrality important because it forces bigger ISPs to peer with smaller ones. Telia is big here and they tried to bully smaller ISPs a few years back, they were not allowed to prevent smaller ISPs from peering with them due to net neutrality laws. The EU has many flaws but this is one area where the fascist union is a lot better than the US - and our Internet speeds and prices are superior as a result.

Raise your hands, Americans, who's got 100/100mbit to their home for $30/month? You don't have that, do you? Why? Because you've got local ISP monopolies, that's why.

And KKK members in 2017 are republicans you dumb fucking moron. And are you seriously calling jewish bankers marxist? Wtf?

>Since everyone in the USA is soon rich
If you have no debt and nothing but a penny in your pocket then you're richer than the average American.

You can look wealthy if you have a job and use that as a means to take up loans that you spend on foolish things - but you're not, you're just a slave with zero or negative net worth.

>KKK members in 2017 are republicans
That's probably correct. And you can find out since there's probably just two KKK members left and they are both in a retirement home. Just ask'em if they happen to be republicans.

>net neutrality or not isn't really something that would make much of a difference
It does if you want to profit even more from your monopoly.

Charge Amazon+Walmart+eBay for the privilege to be the only usable stores for 95% of your customers.

Charge the other 5% of your customers super premium fees because they want access to foreign stores like in China and Japan and so on, plus have decent speeds and no disconnects when dealing with that few remaining other domestic companies that are generally only really available on competing ISP's plans.

Profitable times ahead.

3000-6000 members in 2016 says wikipedia.

>A White List is very different than a Black List.
Fucking racist

That place is never wrong

You are just jealous of all the companies and the government increasingly watching out for American citizens.

After net neutrality is gone, everyone will have the best internet. The best internet that they deserve because they paid for it. It'll actually stop them from mooching from you with their $50/month plans that don't cost as much as your premium $300/month plans.

>He wants others to pay for his manchild vices

>he actually believes he's paying for other people's bandwidth because other people are using their bandwidth that they also paid for

I live in a rural area where the only ISP is a local telecom coop (phone, cable, internet from 10mbps to fiber in the southeast part of Kansas). As far as I know, they aren’t owned by any of the big ones. Am I fucked if NN is shot down?

If NN is repealed and ISPs start taking advantage of consumers with bandwidth limitations, won't some major ISPs start offering a neutral service as to boost PR and improved sales by providing an alternative to a hated system. Won't that give them much more revenue that jewing

Except a ton of people only have one ISP, so if that one is the Jew, that's what you get. And they actively prevent anyone else from building networks in the area so you're not getting competition no matter what

I dunno about the rest of the world but here in Michigan usually the areas with one ISP are locally run that wouldn't dare fuck around with NN because some farmer might feed them to the cows. The cities usually have 2 or 3 ISPs to chose from

>The cities usually have 2 or 3 ISPs to chose from
Sure. Here we have Comcast with 100mbps+ or Century Link with fucking 10mbps

Lobby your local representative in Congress.

Except that everyone has access to a VPN, so this point is not valid.

Until the ISP blocks or throttles VPNs

10mbps is a fucking dream to me, around where I live im lucky to get 2 or 3mbps

It's not super difficult to get around that.
github.com/Yawning/obfs4/blob/master/doc/obfs4-spec.txt

2, 3, 10, 100, it doesn't matter. If the ISPs decide to take advantage of having no net neutrality (why else would they buy the politicians, if they're not going to), it's all going to fucking suck.

The whole "the free market will balance itself out" argument is bullshit because everyone is greedy as fuck. Don't kid yourselves

Yes because my one man ISP (it's actually just one dude who runs everything) will start trying to limit his already poor service to make more money while he openly supports NN. As consumers people have the option to boycott, unless you work freelance or work at home you don't need internet to live. Don't fucking support NN with a vehement passion if you won't boycott an ISP to actually provide for a movement.

>Am I fucked if NN is shot down?
If anything, you'll benefit. Removing the FCC's invasive regulations will help smaller ISPs thrive.

>competition will be decreased with the removal of net neutrality
Wouldn't this help smaller ISPs to compete by being able to offer a more targeted product offering?

>People thinking repealing Net Neutrality would have any effect on their lives

It's just Netflix and all the other big corporations trying to weasel their way out of paying extra money.

>Yes because my one man ISP (it's actually just one dude who runs everything)
That's wonderful. 99.9% are not as lucky as you. Also, we shouldn't have to fucking boycott in the first place. The FCC and pajeet trump should not be fucking us over in the first place. This shouldn't even have to be a goddamn argument in the first place.

Fuck off, you economic illiterate
>nber.org/papers/w22040
>papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1587058

>why repealing net neutrality is bad for the consumer
A company might provide other options that cost less for consumers that want only specific services. Additionally, if a business such as a hospital needs access to a specific suite of websites to operate, they can likely broker a much better deal with the ISP to only purchase what they require. This would allow interesting disruptive ISP startups that specialize to service particular industries.

See

>we shouldn't have to boycott anyway
You sound like a fucking pussy who has no initiative. The internet is a good and is sold like a good, it is not a necessity so it will be subject to greed, if you are about the internet so much then actually take a stand for it and instead of voicing your opinions online and signing petitions, make a sacrifice and actually learn to live without things. Boycotting is an effective method that has worked in the past but if a boycott on the internet is going to work then pussies are going to need to learn how to live without internet.

Can you summarize what is explained? Also the first paper is behind a paywall.

>will help smaller ISPs thrive.
>Wouldn't this help smaller ISPs
>allow interesting disruptive ISP startups
Not if they can't build networks where the big boys have control. They already shut down municipal network talks, what do you think they do to small private companies

>The internet is a good
It's a UTILITY

>Not if they can't build networks where the big boys have control
The main barrier to entry is cost. If the "big boys" engage in anti-consumer practices, or if the small ISP can provide an insanely cost-effective offering to a target market of an industry, the barrier to entry is greatly reduced. In the former case of the "big boys" doing stupid shit the consumers hate, another company could immediately determine that investing in the infrastructure is worthwhile because they'll offer a package that the consumers will immediately prefer and switch to.

Removing these regulations will encourage competition.

No it's a fucking good, you don't need the internet. FCC may call it a utility but it's nowhere near the need that electricity or water is

You don't need electricity or water in your home in order to survive, either. You should learn to give those up

>Also the first paper is behind a paywall
nber.org/papers/w22040.pdf
???
It basically talks about how net neutrality either is ineffective in it's weak form and in it's strong form, negatively affects consumer choices in the market, the service-quality choice and the actual investment of the ISPs, harming the actual efficiency of the ISPs themselves.
It's a service you buy from a private company because you want Internet service, just like buying a subscription to a newspaper or phone service.

So you are relating the need for heat and water to your need to post on Sup Forums all day? False equavilancy. Sometimes water or electricity is a need, in areas with no natural groundwater or rainwater, it's pretty hard to live without that and colder tundra areas rely on gas heat or electric heat.

>using 12yr old Sup Forumsirgin arguments against anything
i'm going to start vouching for the botnet if you continue shitting up the board

This. People got by just fine without electricity in 1910, and some still do to this day - it’s not a necessity.
>I NEED to be able to run my toaster and my air conditioner!
kek