What the fuck was the point of smartwatches?

What the fuck was the point of smartwatches?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IcrRl9CgaVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So people who jog can see how well they are doing.

But didn't things like that already exist, and at a much lower cost?

People wanted to take the smartphone out of smartphones and put it in other places. Smartwatches will go down as the dumbest meme this decade.

No, that was fit bit.

The point was to sell something that you don't need, but to be convinced that it's worth buying.

Making more money

Yea but now they cost more and normies still buy them.

So that you can get simple notifications without looking at your phone. I like my Moto 360, it has come in handy many times. However, I do not think they are worth the price.

Gotta sell more useless gadgets that bear your favourite logo and are linked with (((your ecosystem))).

Basically another way to make you part ways with your money. And another gadget you have to replace every few years, goyim.

i like getting my email notifications on my watch at work

For $8 that watch just appealed for the chance to play wireless music when I'm doing things on the go.

Got a moto 360 for super cheap last christmas.
Do I like it? Yes, it comes in handy when I'm running around at work, and need to leave my phone plugged in.
That beig said it is a little unnecessary.
I got the entire lighting rig at work running off it though by sideloading TouchOSC (didn't expect it to even work, but the menu and GUI is buggy, otherwise perfectly functional).
Anyone else sideload anything on there?

What was the point of tablets?

Companies will always try to sell useless crap to consumers, they just don't always succeed.

youtu.be/IcrRl9CgaVw

As an owner of 2 smartwatches I hate it but I have to agree.

I think the real problem is that most smartwatches require daily recharging. They also offer no extra functionality over just a phone besides maybe activity tracking.

What's the point of everything user?

You can already do the same on your phone you dumbass

Not the same. With a phone you have to put it either in your pocket or hold it as you do activities. Only a fool would do that with an expensive device when there are other options like this.

I had a smart watch that I only paid $60 for. It was called Striiv something.

It had a touch screen that was all pixels. It notified me of texts messages and had a pedometer thing. Also had a fitness app for it.

I liked it for awhile. It served its purpose and I only had to charge it every couple days. Why people spend so much money on shit they don't need, I'll never know know.

They can check your heartrate so you can verify your heart is still working.

Pretty sure this is Apple's entire marketing strategy.

To show other people you have one

> $600 watch
> $600 phone
> $600 phone financed with interest
> With a plan that costs $1000 per year for speeds and data they don't need
> >$10k car financed
> >$10k on a lease
> With an insurance plan that costs them at least as much as the payment for the vehicle

There's a lot of dumb depreciating assets people waste money on.

Paperweight on your wrist. For offices that forget to provide paperweight to coworkers.

Purpose is sentimental, but also defined by Telos (function) of the object in question. The apple watch was assigned the Telos of a Phone, yet lacked the capacity to do so. No one valued it sentimentally or assigned it any purpose either, it was just a gimmick. Therefore it was a waste of material, everyone's time, and ultimately amounted to nothing.

None, unironically. A good cheap laptop beats any tablet.

Ever heard of aposematism?

(((tracking)))

It's a watch but smart

poop

> What the fuck was the point of smartwatches ?

- to have fun meme watchfaces
- to be waterproof
- to fast charge
- to act as cycle speed computer with gps
- to track my sleep paterns for optimal alarm setting
- to controll muh 24 24bit flac through headphones
- to store 4gb of bluetooth music for mountain biking
- to be slim and stay out of the way

i though they all sucked untill i found a samsung gearfit 2 at a park, 5 dollar chink charger later and i cant live without it

>24/96
>ATEs

JAMAL MY SON

Apple partner just got approved to do an ECG watch band.

Question. How far away are we from having wrist wearable smartphones?

Not far enough.

To PRETEND like you're the kind of person who exercises and cares about his weight, but you'd never ACTUALLY take one of these things on a job and get it all sweaty and risk breaking it, what are you crazy?, besides what would I even need it for? So I could stop on a park bench and read tiny tweets instead of doing that 3 mile loop I told myself I'd do?

I run Asteroid OS on mine, which is just Linux + Busybox and a fully open-source interface. I made the watchface in pic related for my watch!

achtuly itch 24/48 on soy and quite respectable

t. old photo and upgraded since

Fitbit or Apple Watch

>so people who jog can control spotify while they run
ftfy senpai

actually alot of people got samsung gearfit 2 thrown in deal with S7, look on gumtree, there are hundreds of people giving them away... the one i found wasnt even set up so i didnt feel too niggery about it.

helping you doing what you want before DIYING like an animal

We could do it today, all someone would need to do is take a smartphone and design it as a wrist-worn gauntlet. (Some people have even nigger-rigged their own.) But next to no one would want to wear one. Hell, a lot of people don't even want to wear a regular wristwatch. As for something smaller, its a moot point, because no one would want to use the features of a full smartphone on a tiny screen. The only other solution would be some sci-fi hologram thing (see: Psycho-Pass), but we're nowhere near that kind of technology (if it's even possible at all).

>for mountain biking
opinion discarded

To solve first world problems with more first world problems

Everything has a different point, just as there are different types of arrows.

Just giving you a hard time. I have some ZS3s as beaters. Best $13 I've spent on headphones.

> rolling off the side of a mountain at speed with a 600 dollar pane of glass in you pocket

say fucking wha nigga ?

That looks nice, what model is it?

samsung gearfit 2 .... look for un-used second hand