When I use my Xbox 360 controller on windows...

When I use my Xbox 360 controller on windows, it emulates a mouse which screws up my games (trigger used to accelerate in GTAIV also activates LMB which shoots). How do I disable this feature

install gentoo

go to Sup Forums fagget

This isn't expected behavior. You must have some sort of input emulator installed like xpadder or antimicro.

Clean install windows.

How do you even manage to screw an x360 instalation? I mean, mine was just search the driver in the microsoft catalog, plug it, install the driver and that's all, i'm talking about W7 but i don't think W10 could go full retarded with that one.

Anyways, uninstall it and any shady "joystick program" or input mapper, then clean install it with the drivers from the microsoft catalog (in my case the bundled ones where the same version as the one online).

install motioninjoy :^)

I bought the wireless adapter from Amazon and used the included CD.

>Clean install windows.
>because I'm too dumb to solve any IT problem
LOL the noob/retard solution for everything

>not clean installing every month

This shouldn't be happening. Have you installed something like Gopher? Try pressing select and see if something comes up

disable xbox controller configuration in steam big picture, moron

>mfw x360 controller installation for linux is simpler than it is in windows

It's just plug and play, at least on 7.

It's plug and play on linux as well, but user here said he needed to search and install a driver for it.

try the x360ce drivers if you need more customisation

Maybe the wireless adapter needs a special driver (it comes with a CD after all) but my wired controller just werks

Figured out that steam was the issue. Tried to disable all of steam's controller mappings, but it was still emulating a keyboard/mouse, so I'm just playing GTA 4 without steam.

>GTA IV
Does the Stream version still uses Games For Windows Live™?

Yep that will do it. For some reason Steam tries to assign every controller as a Steam Controller and so this behavior happens. I fixed it on my machine so it’s doable but I can’t remember how. It wasn’t hard, I just fucked with the mappings but what exactly I did I can’t recall.

tfw went for a good old minesweeper because someone said bombs cannot spawn in corners. Fully muted, then blew up with horrible sounds and nearly died irl
vibration response of the controller which was plugged and somewhere under my chair

install gentoo

also, Sup Forumseddit

kek

That's literally one checkbox.

/thread

>Le go to veee
Sup Forums is full of underage waifufags and shitposters with an attention span that makes a goldfish blush.

No, but the Steam version does

bullshit.
this. I had to specifically write a program to make my xbox controller work as a mouse.

>Bullshit
>he didn't read the thread
See Steam has a feature that allows you to map your controller to desktop functions

youre right, I didnt read the thread.
you also didnt mention you were using steam. which wouldnt have changed my answer.
glad you got it figured out.
Hows the pc gta iv community these days? as dead as ever?

>Sup Forums is full of underage waifufags and shitposters

you just described Sup Forums and Sup Forums

what