UI/UX designs trends that you hate

Everything has to be flat now. Everything.

yes. that's a good thing

you could use gradients and transparency (in a subtle way)..

also, material ui uses shadow effects too

Hey, I listen to 99% Invisible, I have a higher iq than u

Anything that is >dynamic with effects and shit
Also flat design and touch/mobile

what the fuck is the point of round icons

A circle is not a pointy shape, so there cannot be a point to them

that's really funny

Kill yourself.

you first brainlet.

An infinitely small circle is a point though.
checkmate.

Design trends I hate;

Minimalism to the point of function obfuscation.
Functionalism to the point of hideousness.
Nostalgia fuelling aspies thinking everything old was better.
Hamburger menus on desktops.
Glossy looking things.
Anything apple does being copied by retards who don't understand what makes their execution successful.
Design for design's sake.

>tfw no one actually cares because no one here has a job and this was just a thread to bitch about muh popular flat ui

flat is justice fuck you

>Hamburger menus on desktops
this

The advantage of this is that even the worst artists can make something that doesn't look like total eyecancer.

This also helps with a more consistent look.

Mathematically false

FUCK I HATE HAMBURGER MENUS ON DESKTOP
I WANT THEM ALL GO TO HELL
I HATE THEM

I hate how everything now is just icons without text. Back then the menus only had text and it would describe exactly what that button did. Not anymore. You just get like an icon and that's it. A tooltip if you're lucky

>Hamburger menus on desktops.
What did he mean by this?

>Functionalism to the point of hideousness.
Is that a problem nowadays? I think I usually see muh minimalism that excludes functionalism because apparently minimalism is having no features and no way to add new ones.

And yeah, fuck hamburger menus on desktops. Actually, fuck them everywhere.

Not exactly the same but I fucking hate how direct 3.5mm jack connections are being removed in favor of shit bluetooth. Even worse in cars where they want you to navigate their terrible dash system or install a billion apps to use your phone as a media player source, only for you to learn they don't support any file format that isn't overly compressed garbage.

Take me back to the era of just plugging in a single damn cable and controlling it however I goddamn please.

The assumption that you will always have your browser at full window.

Fuck 'responsive' websites that go into full mobile mode when you have a window only taking up 1/3-1/2 the screen. Fuck them even more if in mobile mode they have position:fixed elements with a fixed height of several hundred pixels.

If my window height if 500px why the fuck are you serving me a page designed for touch interfaces with a vertical height of 720px+?

Rounded corners on everything. Even the corner of some new smartphones screens are rounded now.

So what are some good solutions for navigation on mobile screens instead of hamburger menus?

Physical buttons are UX king. But then you could use it without looking at the screen, and what they want you to look at.

>site changes scroll settings and scrollbar look
>floating clutter elements like navigation bar, social media buttons

> mfw I see gradient buttons