Tumbleweed is nice

Best logo, best PEPE

It's cool. Especially the KDE version of it

stupid icon, ugly color, dropped

not for me, but its respectable

Nice, but its future is vague.

I use it on both desktop and laptop.
It's good.

ncurses YaST is Godly, makes remote administration a breeze.

hah! breeze.

Cancel instead of Abort, fucking germans

We switched from Red Hat to Suse.

average good

Install gentoo

Good for desktop and server. Alot of processes running and bloat dependencies don't translate well to a laptop battery

OpenSuse, CentOS, Fedora and Slackware are the only good distros out there that don't need TOO much fucking around with.

>Slackware
>don't need fucking around with
pick one

Is the KDE version of it that good?

KDE is shit use Unity.

OpenSUSE is the nicest of the big rpm/deb distros out there, imo. Zypper is pretty awesome.

SLE Classic is the best DE, and it's Suse only.

I was going to use it for a home server I plan to build it soon so that's great to hear.

I'm also looking to get a 2 in 1 laptop to use as a Linux tablet bit I have some worries about package availability. I love roguelikes but I can't find them on the OBS. I also want a i3 setup so it can double as a netbook. If I can get stuff like this for Suse, I might make it my first choice as a laptop distro. Arch is nice but to time consuming for a secondary / portable machine. Manjaro is actually worse since the developers are morons. It's often broken from a fresh install.

>What does Sup Forums think of OpenSUSE?
>What does Sup Forums think of the RedHat botnet spying you?

>try to pull a le epic funnay oneliner to amaze everyone in the thread with your wit
>end up telling everyone you're fucking retarded

KDE and unity are both decent t bh. I might actually go back to using pure LTS Ubuntu since they finally got quantum in. Fedora is decent as an alternative though.

pure trash

the Ubuntu thread is over there

This. Latest Leap is a complete mess and Tumbleweed is broken half of the time. openSUSE has some cool features like YaST, OBS, etc. but right know it's the most unpolished mainstream distro (even compared to Fedora where Evince has a broken % zoom for a few years already). It's bloated, it has a poor performance, pattern packages are shit, etc., etc. It's fucking riddled with problems.

Wanna good distro? Choose Debian, Arch or Gentoo.

>riddled with problems
>complains about bloat
>recommends Arch
fucking kek

>systemd
no thanks

Tumbleweed is the best rolling you can get in term of stabiliy, Leap is very old tho

I'm a HUGE slackware fan, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone doing multilib desktop.

Even using slackpkg+, it's not the easiest thing to administer and does require some know-how of how the packages interact.

For a server though that you can set and forget? Fuck yeah.

I fucking hate the gui and yast.

It also plays badly with the 64 port Raritan kvm I use at work.

I use command line mostly but since I run a lab things get reimaged a lot so I am forced to use the gui to get networking and ssh set up until I can ssh in.

Otherwise it's okay, I prefer centsOS though.

That's not entirely true.

Slackware comes with KDE, XFCE4, and fluxbox and a full suite of applications and development tools.

It's entirely conceivable that someone would not need to go to Slackbuilds.org or mess with configs.

The biggest thing is multilib - especially when packages from Slackbuilds.org can be grabbed and installed (with dependencies) with sbopkg or sbotools.

Good, but too few packages.

>Tumbleweed is broken half of the time
Fair.
>Latest Leap is a complete mess
Explain yourself.

Have you ever used Slackware?

>Leap is very old tho
what do you even mean
if you mean the kernel, it has a shit-ton of stuff backported into it

It's not Manjaro. But it's not Ubuntu so it's got that going for it

>It's not Manjaro
>it's not a hobby os