Recent iPhone to Android convert here: how the fuck does Android get such good battery life?

Recent iPhone to Android convert here: how the fuck does Android get such good battery life?

I've been using my phone all fucking day long calling, GPS navigation, and watching youtube with LTE enabled at 100% screen brightness. Yet even after all that I have almost 70% battery life left. All of these things would tank my battery to ~20% on my iPhone 6 Plus and I would be frantically searching for a power outlet right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U0SOxb_Lfps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's planned obsolescence.

Your iPhone 6 Plus was fine until you """upgraded""" to a new OS, at which point your battery life mysteriously plummeted.

I swapped to iPhone and found it not much different
depends on the phone

Also, all batteries don't hold charge as well anymore after about a year or so. iPhone 6 is what, 3 years old now?

What phone OP?

Yes, fellow Android users, how DO our phones get such excellent battery life? I personally think that it's because Samsung, who makes the best Android phones, also makes excellent batteries. In fact, if you haven't purchased one yet, you can still buy a Samsung S8 in time for Christmas! I can't wait to watch YouTube videos with my blazing fast Verizon LTE speeds on my new Samsung!

Apple put tiny battery on phone to make slim and save money.

The funniest part is that Verizon's black friday """deals""" all forced you to buy an """unlimited""" data plan, and if you changed plans, you lost the deal's bill credit. It's basically a 2-year contract with a pro-rated fee.

lg k20 plus, got it for free during a number transfer

Yeah fuck contracts man, sprint ate me alive back in the 3GS-4S era.

Thing is my free android phone has about the same battery capacity as my iPhone 6 Plus. To be fair I have had it for 2 years, maybe battery deteriorated or apple gimped it or something.

Anyway this phone has a removable battery so I'm just gonna get a new battery when I start getting bad battery life.

Show your usage stats, nigger. Because every Android I've had has had shitty fucking battery life, both in usage and standby, compared to iPhone. And I've only used Nexus devices, not Samshit or other cheapy chink phones.

>tfw it turns out my free android phone has a smaller battery than the 6+ I used to own
lol dam, do iPhone batteries lose capacity that fast?

>I personally think that it's because Samsung, [...] also makes excellent batteries.
Tell that to the Note 7 team, if they're still alive.

>nexus
Those have never had good battery life. You want samshit active phones for good battery life.

Well OPs image looks like an LG so if that is his device then he is absolutely full of shit.

>Hurrr da fone with the less demanding specs gets the better battery huuuurrrrrrrr

That explains it, Im on a g4 and this thing barely holds 40% after a shift at work you got a lower end phone with a smaller resolution unlike my 1440p screen and 3000 mAh

forgot pic

Hmmm well I did get this phone recently and only downloaded like 5 apps on it.

Any tips to keep this kind of battery life for as long as possible? Only having to charge my phone every 2 days seems nice.

So does that mean apple cpus use more electricity? Personally I only notice less app reloading on my lg. Performance seems about the same but idk.

cool

>Show your usage stats, nigger. Because every Android I've had has had shitty fucking battery life, both in usage and standby, compared to iPhone. And I've only used Nexus devices, not Samshit or other cheapy chink phones.
I just got this thing and stock battery stats doesn't show much. Any app good for that?

>Any tips to keep this kind of battery life for as long as possible?

Don't ever download the facebook app.

Hmm let's see

>Better processor
>Higher resolution screen = more pixels to push
>Larger screen = more power hungry
>More sensors
What do you think mate?
Think one might use more power?

I keep hearing this everywhere, why is that? Not that I use facebook that much, IG and KIK seem to occupy most of my nights if I'm not on my laptop lately.

>better
>uses more electricity

>I keep hearing this everywhere, why is that?

youtube.com/watch?v=U0SOxb_Lfps

It's always on and listening, which consumes a fuckton of battery life.

>ha I have a phone here that can only text, but check out my 30 day battery life! Who needs features!?

That's disturbing.

i mean I do but I also do other stuff on it like youtube and whatever. Same usage pattern as I had on my 6+.

>So does that mean apple cpus use more electricity?
it's the gpu, and screen itself. the lower res drastically reduces processing power needed/used. while the display itself is powering far fewer pixels so it's also using far less power. it's also using RAM that's likely more modern and less power consuming.

Hmmm, well guess my next phone will have a 720p screen then. Thanks.

>iPhone
Found your problem.