JDownloader Kind of Download Manager

Guys, what is a free, safe and CPU-friendly alternative to JDownloader? I used to implement that program A LOT, but it's recently turned into an exceptionally malicious piece of shitty malware. Right now, I have a hankering to download some niche movies from nitroflare and free downloading is extremely slow there. What I'd love to do is to run the download manager in the background without too much of CPU usage and focus on other things without the need to engage my web browser in the downloading process. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

dn3.freedownloadmanager.org/lite/fdminst-lite.exe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's malicious about it?
I use it all the time for 3+ premium hosts without a problem.

>What's malicious about it?
for one, they force you to install their shitty android app to solve captchas

there's and ad free version...

> force you to install their shitty android app to solve captchas
I never installed any android app. Are you on desktop or phone?

They've kinda stopped being trustworthy to me. Once someone goes the malware route, they lose lots of their credibility IMHO.

As for the so-called ad-free version, I've read that it's somehow infested with adware anyhow. Reportedly, even if the installer file per se is devoid of shit, it subsequently connects with the JDownloader database, installs upgrades and ultimately, incorporates some of the malware that is apparent in the full version. With that being said, I might be wrong about the ad-free version though, I haven't checked it out myself.

aria2c

I know I feel the same way, but you can always use a virtual machine,

btw I've used the ad free version on linux and didn't see any adware.

Looks pretty cool, will check it out. Thanks.

How to download from mediafire?

It's kind of surprising that there aren't that many download managers that operate in the same exact fashion as JD with all its coolest features. You'd think there is a myriad of similar if not virtually identical programs out there. Perhaps they're just way less popular.

Kinda makes me want to check the ad-free version, but then again I want a program that's as transparent as possible and all the talk about the malicious nature of the newer JD's versions kinda discourages me from installing it.

not him but same happen to me on desktop (W7), some captchas used to make a browser popup to get solved, now you get a "solve it in myjdownloader" bullshit where you need to be an android cuck with an app linked to there (so if something fucks up in the android app (((they))) can also access to your desktop thru that open port) to solve a fucking captcha.

their popularity died after megaupload went down and torrents became popular gain for downloading stuff.
also modern browsers can resume downloads and internet is faster today.

I've only used download managers to download games, for eveything else I use torrents.

I see.
I never use JDownloader with sites that force captchas anyway because it's a waste of time. If I need to do bulk downloading(200GB+), I'll just pay for a month's premium.

FDM 3.9.7 Lite Version
dn3.freedownloadmanager.org/lite/fdminst-lite.exe

>surprising that there aren't that many download managers that operate in the same exact fashion as JD
Because it's a lot of work to write and especially maintain extractors for hundreds of different websites.
The only program with comparable amount of effort put into it is youtube-dl for video streaming sites. For the same reason there is no alternative to youtube-dl (not that there needs to be one).

pyload

Yeah, it figures. DESU, I use torrents almost always, but some more obscure content tends to be uploaded to such sites as mediafire, nitroflare or others. It's probably because these things are rare to the extension that there are hardly any people to seed these files. It'd be nice to have download manager capable of both torrent downloading as well as warez downloading though.

Cheers

how about uGet?

Looks really nice too. Kinda has old JD vibe to it, such a nice layout. Will try it out definitely, thanks.