Why aren't you, Americans in particular, using usenet?

Why aren't you, Americans in particular, using usenet?

I have no use for it.

It costs money while Torrents and XDCC are free. Barely anything gets uploaded there anyway. More anime groups upload to fucking Mega in 2017 than Usenet.

Used to be included with nearly all data plans, then ISPs shut down their local NNTP feeds, no one really cared by then. This was little over ten years ago

>It costs money

I don't pay for it

i was so lucky that i found out about it before they shut them down.
my ISP limited my usenet connections to only 1 connection per email (or 10GB per email. dont remember)
so all i did was create 8 emails with my ISP.
bypassed that restriction.
60-90GB/month in 2004.
good times.
unfortunately it lasted about a year or two.

only reason why i still pay for usenet:
absolutely 100% safe from RIAA/MPAA
i've downloaded 10s of TB over the past 14 years without having to find private trackers/seeding/VPNs
always maxes out my connection
its 100% automated.

I'm using it. With NZBGet and Sonarr it's great. Just subscribe to a show and it will download it over night.

>Sonarr
what's the point of it?
i've never needed anything other than NZBGet and my nzb site.
never understood the point in addons like couchpotato and sonarr

Which usenet? There's a large number of different ones and none of the good ones are gratis because we haven't invented any way to fund a web service other than direct payment or ads(malware) which usenet isn't a viable platform for.

Automated downloading of weekly shows. There's also Radarr for movies.

I have no need to.

>absolutely 100% safe from RIAA/MPAA
(You)

crotchpotato is cancer. but sonarr is nice because I don't have to deal with my shitty indexter website (dognzb). just subscribe to a show and lean back. it's the patrician way of life.

>gratis
poor people should look for a job and not waste time watching tv

thank god for my nzb site that does this for me.
nzbget with VIDEOSORT/Pushbullet/RSS
and
nzb site.
nzb site is compatible with nzbget so if i want, i could just send NZBs directly to my HTPC
been nzbget for the past 3 or 4 years.
before that was SABnzb

hell i haven't manually downloaded a NZB in at least 10 years.

sounds like a clunky setup someone without any appreciation for aesthetics or knowledge of tech would build.

That's objectively worse than just using sonarr. You're proud of doing it the wrong and complicated way aren't you?

To each his own but I'd rather that functionality tied into something separate. If the NZB site goes down then you would need to find another with the same functionality and rebuild your show catalogue. With Sonarr it's just a matter of adding another source.

works perfectly.
>appreciation for aesthetics
sure.
i don't need for a file to look pretty.
NZB scans RSS feed every 15mins
autodownloads nzb file, downloads files, extracts files
VIDEOSORT renames all filenames (basically removes the periods and underscores)
pushbullet sends me a notification on my phone/computer when it has been completed.
its then streamed to my android box or if im on my computer, i just watch it on my computer

how?
for TV shows, i don't do anything.
i literally just get a notification that my show is ready for viewing.
that is it.
everything is 100% automated

yes i have shit taste in tv shows
come at me.

If the NZB site goes down then you would need to find another with the same functionality and rebuild your show catalogue. With Sonarr it's just a matter of adding another source.

okay. i get it now.
good point.
luckily I've been a member of this nzb site for 10.5yrs now.
admin did think very hard of shutting down a few years ago but changed his mind.
last nzb site i used was nzbmatrix.

>downloading leftist propaganda films in $currentYear
read a book, have sex with a female human,
go outside, lift weights, install gentoo, literally millions of things you can do with your life instead of watching that garbage.