I've Fallen Out of Love With Technology

I've Fallen Out of Love With Technology

Social media is too angry.
Smart speakers are too creepy.
TVs are spying on you.
Everyone's a smartphone addict.
AI is killing jobs like writing and coding.
Self driving cars are killing driving jobs.
Robots are replacing entire factories of human workers.

There are too many extreme downsides of technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.hu/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://economics.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Workshops-Seminars/Economic-History/rhode-032910.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjluczLpurXAhWEvxQKHZK_AAsQFggkMAA&usg=AOvVaw2NoDjQMyqOniRh6ryOFmVg
pastebin.com/kNzNeqet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're a retard mate.

go live in the woods then Ted

there's ways of dumbing down technology to cater to your desires though.

Congratulations user, dumbest comment this year.

how much cotton can she pick in a day?

ok kid, hate most of that list too, yet i still in love with tech.

Pls don't bomb me mr. unabomber

I don't know but I wouldn't mind having her. She looks good.

>I've Fallen Out of Love With Technology
>reasons
oh but the hydrogen bomb was alright then?

technology is great, it's just that the idiots who aren't running things are too stupid and/or powerless to do anything about the people in charge who are 1000 steps ahead, 50 times smarter and have people on the payroll who are even smarter than they are, all making sure the masses remain confused, trapped in a false dichotomy against themselves, and mindlessly content with the same generally shitty situation they are always in

Not only that, your computer does as it pleases all the time (Android and Jewgle not respecting settings, W10 deleting your files, Applel programmed obsolescence). And it will be the same with most things, the thought of not controlling my own fucking car is legit scary
>inb4 you can overtake controls when you want
Bullshit, it's all drive-by-wire now.

This only makes real-world sense, (and is probably a worse scenario), if they aren't doing it maliciously, they're just responding to market pressures in rational ways.

google.hu/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://economics.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Workshops-Seminars/Economic-History/rhode-032910.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjluczLpurXAhWEvxQKHZK_AAsQFggkMAA&usg=AOvVaw2NoDjQMyqOniRh6ryOFmVg

Me too. I'm buying a farm.

nigger this isn't the poetry board

>Too many downsides to technology
>Going to give up technology
>Says the person using technology to instantly communicate with people around the world

Okay buddy.

Pottery*

When did OP say he was not going to use tech anymore?

Anyway, I agree OP, it's even worse if you actually study technology stuff.

All that stuff is just shit. We have shitty decisions meant to accommodate early infrastructure that was made naively and lazily.

False equivalence

>AI is killing jobs like writing and coding.
AI isn't killing coding. Code monkeys are killing coding.

Things'd have been perfect if tech stayed the way it was just before the release of the iphone. Just powerful enough to be usable, complicated enough to keep literal retards and consequently the catering to them out of tech.

Technology is only good as long as it works. It's shit otherwise. I love the convenience of computers/cars/gadgets/tools/machines, but god damn do I hate the items themselves.

Just shitpost and play 1.6 like nothing has changed since 2004. Works for me.

>Self driving cars are killing driving jobs.
>Robots are replacing entire factories of human workers.
Not a technology problem. Simply a societal problem.

Are you saying the same about agricultural machines that save us from spending 90%+ of our societal work efforts on food production?

Frankly you're just being dumb user. Maybe you'll snap out of it.

I'm having a similar problem OP.
I'm getting more and more bored with technology. There's nothing interesting happening, only minor improvements. Smaller bezels on smartphones, a bit faster GPUs, another iPhone, another MacBook. Everything became... stale.
I might get into some advanced stuff to learn. Maybe programing? Or just play with off brand cheap Chinese electronic hardware. I hope that this will make me excited as I used to be a few years ago.

that's how technology always was if you were paying attention
have you tried tapping out of all tech news/updates for years at a time? making due with what you have instead?

>I might get into some advanced stuff to learn. Maybe programing?
>programming
>advanced
Any idiot can learn how to program, unless you have specific uses, don't bother.

THICC

Technology is fucking spooked, and the people who are legitimately interested in it tend to be the ultimate bugmen and soyboys: just mindless glassy-eyed consumers. They can be found in the smartphone and PC building threads on this very board.

The more one knows about compsci, crypto, OSes, life in general: the less enthused he is about "tech" as it is seen in broader culture.

>They can be found in the smartphone and PC building threads on this very board.
Sup Forumseneral technology
The likelihood of a good thread with anything more than just a superficial take on tech for replies is exceptionally rare (see this thread).

It's also really bad when most people agree that it's bad for companies / govt / organizations to continue making these problems worse, but these entities continue doing so despite the will of their parts because they've become reified systems, the actions of which people justify as inevitabilities.

Not exactly. I remember tech news when raspberry pi came out. I remember how much of a leap was a full HD screen in a smartphone. How the tech press looked at one plus 1 as a smartphone juggernaut when it came out. Also the slow rise of Oculus Rift, and the now portrayed as a gimmick Microsoft kinect.

None of those are actual accomplishments though, all of them were praised due to the simple fact that they were now consumer-ready. If you were actually excited for them then it's even more important you disconnect from tech news.

I was much younger back then. Maybe as I grew older I stopped caring about it.

There is only the slow assimilation into the global consumerist mass.

>exhibit A: this brainlet
there more to programming than being a code monkey start here:
pastebin.com/kNzNeqet

I just don't really care about tech that much anymore. Only thing I care about is "is it working like it should" and "my data" Everything else, nah. Do I really care that my cpu in my desktop is from 2010? Nope. Cause it still works fine. Nor the fact that even though that same system has 32GB of ram that I use only maybe 12 % of it (during peak load). Sure the graphics card is only a Geforce 740GT but hey I play only older games so it don't matter none, it still pulls 100fps with aa/af+ other shit maxed in UT & Q3A @ 1440 x 900 (19")

Same. I went full OSX + iOS after years of Linux + Windows.