I AM MADDER THAN YOU COULD FUCKING IMAGINE

I AM MADDER THAN YOU COULD FUCKING IMAGINE
I left the IT industry years ago because I couldn't put up with the shit that windows 8.0 was giving us, I've looked on at 10 and wondered how the fuck anyone lasts with this shit, but I've never touched it so it hasn't mattered, but I just got the call
THE CALL
My grandfather (who had a Data General Nova and PDP-8 back in the day to run chemical and photographic simulations that he wrote in assembly) who was forced to upgrade his computer from 7 to windows 10, just received an automatic update.
FROM WINDOWS 10 PRO TO FUCKING WINDOWS 10 S
"Hah, all your photographic software you've been using since the late 90's won't run on this shit, ONLY SIGNED APPS FROM THE FUCKING WINDOWS STORE FOR YOU! THINK WE CARE? WANT OUT? HERE, GO BUY A WINDOWS 10 PRO KEY, YEAH YOU ALREADY HAD ONE, BUT FUCK YOURSELF, WE DELETED IT, GO BUY IT AGAIN!"

HE'S IN HIS 80'S, FOR ALL THE SHIT HE CONTRIBUTED TO COMPUTER SCIENCE IN THE 1960's-1970's, HE SHOULD BE TREATED BETTER THAN THIS

FUCKING AUTOMATIC UPDATES THAT DELETE LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING PROGRAM NOT FROM THE WINDOWS STORE? NO ABILITY TO RESTORE WITHOUT PAYING FUCKING $120?

How the fuck do any of you deal with this shit? How much longer will you tolerate this shit before switching to fucking Linux or OSX?

why do mods do nothing about spam?

Bump...

The "S" stands for "shit"...

Why do mods do nothing about paid marketers and shills like you?

This is the state of the most popular traditional computer operating system on the planet.
How is this spam?

>using nonfree software

rekt kiddo. no sympathy for any faggot who perpetuates this nonfree shit.

>considered an expert with computers for 57 years
>doesn't use gentoo

fuckin lawl

Jesus, shut the fuck up. You type just like those boomer cocksuckers.

>HE SHOULD BE TREATED BETTER THAN THIS

Go fuck yourself.

Use Linux and fuck off. It doesn't have the "apps" you want? Maybe you should support it, it just might one day.

>windows 10 auto "updated" to 10S

Prove it, this isn't even possible.
This is like ubuntu updating to chrome OS

Is that true? I mean, the whole delet non-store programs.

I got fed up enough to try out linux

Surprisingly, those smelly open-source neets put together something with a better user experience than Windows.

For anyone wanting to try Linux, I highly recommend Fedora with Gnome 3. Installing is a breeze, and everything seems to just work out of the box

No you don't get it, OP's story is totally 100% true, his grandpa was fucking Einstein and he didn't make this thread just for replies!

10s is designed to cut back into the chromebook market and education sector, its not a normal release of 10 and op is lying about the update

why are we replying to literal bait again?

>Linux
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

GOOD POINT, I'M ON THE PHONE TO MICROSOFT, AND THEY'RE TELLING ME IT'S "NOT POSSIBLE, 10 s CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED FROM A FRESH INSTALL, WE WON'T HELP YOU"
"Then what happened, a burglar broke into my grandfathers house, wiped his disk, installed windows 10 s, copied over the registry entries, program files, and shortcuts, so it looked like it was sidegraded from 10 pro?"
"No sir, that didn't happen"
"THEN IF IT WASN'T THE BURGLAR WHO GOES AROUND INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 S ON OLD PEOPLE'S MACHINES, WHAT WAS IT?"
"I don't know sir"
"Was it faulty windows update? Maybe just another entry to the endless list of bugs and bad software forced through windows update? Even just a tiiiinyyy possibility?"
"No sir, that's not possible."
"You sure? Because not long ago the same thing happened, there were widespread reports of windows users being forcibly downgraded to an inferior windows version, I think it was called WINDOWS FUCKING 10!"
"Sir, that's not, ahh, ahh, uh, okay."
"SO, IT HAPPENED BEFORE"
"Y-yes sir"
"COULD IT HAVE HAPPENED AGAIN"
"S-sir, that's not possible"
"IT WAS THE WINDOWS 10 S BURGLAR THEN, WASN'T IT?"
"N-no"

This went on for five minutes.

>HE SHOULD BE TREATED BETTER THAN THIS
You're right user, we ALL deserve to be treated like shit!

>grandfather is data general
Nice

Not saying your chances are better but you will get hacked if you have anything lower than windows 10. Development is a huge target for hackers today, and windows 10 is a necessary step.

What a shitshow Windows is

I know, I had to put windows on a laptop for some legacy stuff, but 7 doesn't bundle many drivers and the manufacturer doesn't have shit on their site, 8's pointless, 10 has everything but it's such a fucking pain. For drivers alone I used 10, but shit, if I had to use that thing every day...

>update from windows 10 pro to windows 10 s
Things that never happened.

how about maybe, just maybe, your old man is senile now, and accidentally did something silly like most people around that age tend to do?

either way, being a total cunt to a bunch of tech support pajeets isn't gonna get you anywhere, and whatever you get will be what you deserve.

Windows is ransomware.
Windows is ransomware.
Windows is ransomware.
Windows is ransomware.
Windows is ransomware.
Windows is ransomware.

>step 1 go to piratebay
>step 2 download and install windows 7 ultimate edition
>step 3 ???
>step 4 profit

Nigga, his machine's on fucking windows 10 s with all the programs from when it was on pro.
How the fuck would he even get a copy of 10s, let alone install it?
I've seen this shit, and the MS pajeets agree that no matter what, there's no way to install 10s over pro, meaning there should be no way for all these programs to be sitting in program files, installed, just not able to run because they're unsigned.

>was forced to upgrade his computer from 7 to windows 10
u wot?

if he's so computer smart why isn't he running gnu/linux?

>a burglar broke into my grandfathers house, wiped his disk, installed windows 10 s, copied over the registry entries, program files, and shortcuts
Yes. Pic related is responsible for this, in addition to countless other atrocities.

Okay so your dad pulled the old guy thing and installed win10 by accident and Microsoft porked ya.

It happens to the best of us

Why don’t you install Linux and have your gramps run his gay ass software on fucking Ubuntu or something?

That tends to be the case when you are talking about the most widely used desktop OS on the planet. Think about how many mouth breathing dumb fucks there are out there. Chances are they all use windows

>who had a Data General Nova and PDP-8 back in the day to run chemical and photographic simulations that he wrote in assembly
Too bad he's too fucking stupid to do something simple like a Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro upgrade.

HE

It's time to embrace GNU.

>automatic update
>FROM 10 PRO TO 10 S

ITT things that never happened.

>using the most bloated, insecure version

>shit that didnt happen; the thread
or you/your grandfather cant even configure an OS as simple as w10

This is so infuriating! Why won't Windows take responsibility!

please get a pirated version of winblows, run destroy windows spying(from github), go to Services and disable win update, then install software from backed up drive

there is literally no one comolaining about this anywhere OP do you have any sort of proof or are you pulling this out of your ass?

>was forced to upgrade his computer from 7 to windows 10

Why?!

>being a dick to customer service people

they just work for microsoft they are in no way the ones that caused this please dont be a dick to them

>they just work for microsoft they are in no way the ones that caused this please dont be a dick to them
if they are lying about it to customers, then they are complicit. No mercy.

they are not lying about it i find absolutly nothing on windows 10 being downgraded anywhere but this thread so unless you habe some sort of proof go away

Good job on you're fake news.

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 ended in 2016 of July >_>

Also, there is no upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 S. Your just trolling.Microsoft techs clearly know you're lying. They will probably just transfer you around until you give up.

>using ">_>"

go back to gaf

>Think about upgrading
>Try 10 Nigger LGBT Edition
>It's still shit and forces (((((critical)))) updates (200mb NSA/Israeli backdoor updates and Creator's Update somehow counting as one)
>Dread the future enough to try Ubuntu
>Get up to apt get p7zip before needing a billion dependencies
>Wants me to copile my own photo editor
>Steam won't even open because I'm missing some unnamed bullshit dependency probably
>Quit
>Think about OSX
>Have PTSD from my work machine
>Retreat back to Win 7 dreading the 2020 service end date
Just can't win

Could've been 7 pro?

> How the fuck do any of you deal with this shit
*teleports behind you
*disables auto-update

>contributed greatly to computer science
>didn't make enough money to afford a 120$ purchase

>what it takes to add a dropdown
So there's a .cpp file that defines the behaviour and a .xaml file that defines the look of the UI.
If you want to add a new dropdown of course you're going to just copy the piece of xaml that defines it elsewhere and simply change the entries.
Same for the callback, it's mostly the same for every dropdown just with different ids.
String resources are required for localization. The only issue is the sequential id requirement.

There is absolutely nothing wrong or unusual about this process.
If you've ever worked with Android you'll know that it works exactly the same except that it generates resource ids for you.
The green guy is just retarded.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

Yeah well OP you should've taught your grandad about the dangers of non-free software years ago. There is nobody to blame in this story but you.

Well, someone hiring pajeets to work on that shit screwed your grandpa. :^)

And this is exactly why Microsoft cannot be trusted when it comes to WIndows Update.
It was supposed to give you security updates and bug fixes. But instead, Microsoft decided they'd just break your trust and use it to install a new OS without your permission that gives you less control, including preventing you from disabling Windows Update... which Means Microsoft gets to just install whatever the fuck THEY want on your computer and you don't get to do anything about it.

>which Means Microsoft gets to just install whatever the fuck THEY want on your computer and you don't get to do anything about it.

This is exactly why they removed the ability to disable updates.

I stayed away from 10 as long as possible, bought a laptop that had it preinstalled.
Using it right now. I fucking hate it.
But all my Linux installs are having problems.
On my last computer it was just use the live image and install onto a hard drive.
This one is like
>built in SSD is read-only when accessed through Linux
>USB Linux installs need workarounds to boot into
>Have to change settings in bios just to get into Linux in the first place

I have tried installing Linux like 10 times by now.
The botnet doesn't want to let go of me it seems.

Just use Microsoft toolkit you moron

None of this happened. That can't even happen.

just use fedora or dual boot it with windows

>be in germany
>buy legal LTSB key for 15 eur
>feels good

where2cop?

Jewbay

>received an automatic update.
FROM WINDOWS 10 PRO TO FUCKING WINDOWS 10 S

Sounds like bullshit to me. You can't be "upgraded" to another version, when you already have the license for that.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Wtf is "S"?

>not on GNU/Linux + WINE
you and your grandfather deserved this

>complains about microsoft
>wants to suck apple's cock

>FROM WINDOWS 10 PRO TO FUCKING WINDOWS 10 S

>what are unix-like oses

Jesus fucking Christ. I hope you Linuxfags are just trolling. I refuse to believe there are such cunts in this world.
>jus support it xDDd
>jus use Lunix xDDd
Muh free suftwaer xDDD. I can finally see how this generation of NEETs is completely fucked. You are fucked. You are done. Subaverage sandnigger will easily cut your head off and you will not even protect yourself. You are done kiddos.

>hurr durr don't insult muh toy OS it's spam

Windows is trash, pajeet. People are tired of your shitty code.

You do realize you haven't made a single argument against Linux, or are you a sperg?

Ya I dont understand why if u actually bought windows 10 pro, why u dont have a copy. Im pretty sure windows 10 pro isnt something u get off a free update, but either way it should be backed up. Im sure your the one who takes care of his computer shit for him, although hes Einstein.

This, Wine exists and you can choose Windows version compatibility.

>windows is trash
>linux is trash
>osx is trash
why is everything turning to shit (except linux, it was always shit)? even browsers have the same problem, firefox just taking a huge dump on everyone, chrome spying and all the other browsers are just chrome clones

>just received an automatic update.
>FROM WINDOWS 10 PRO TO FUCKING WINDOWS 10 S
Don't lie user

OP, I don't doubt you, but I've never seen a upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to S. That actually would be a downgrade, since S is even more stripped down than Pro.

Do you have any evidence? Also, do him a favor and install Windows 7 (I'm assuming his software isn't compatible with GNU/Linux).

>I don't doubt you

to be fair OP is an extremely boomer-tier post
"OBUMNER is NOT my president,,, and MICROSHAFT is CRAP!!!"

Jesus fucking christ that was you I had to listen to my wife bitch about you that day, almost lost my shit right then and there cause that burglar shit was so god damn funny. never turned around so she couldnt see me laughing. thanks user, good laugh then good laugh now.

1. Use Linux Mint
2. Google your problems

The whole point of Linux is that you can fix shit easily. When something important breaks on Windows (and it will) you are fucked.

fuck off to your designated shitting street, rajeet

Hi plebbit for screencap

Linux shill fanfiction

this. Only gnu/linux if something goes wrong it's trivial to find out exactly why and either fix it yourself or apply someone elses fix.

If something goes wrong on windows you have to hope that microsoft will someday, one day, release a patch for it. Yeah, good luck with that.

>update from windows 10 to windows 10 S

Fucking no. That's not how it works, and I've not heard a single person other than you mention it.

Microsoft doesn't give a shit about your grandfathers accomplishments.
And I'm calling bullshit. If not on your story, then on your grandfather. There is no Auto upgrade path from 10 Pro to S. He fucked it up and blamed it on Microsoft because you were already geared to blame it on Microsoft.

> How the fuck do any of you deal with this shit?
I pirate Windows Enterprise.

I deal with it by not using that botnet piece of shit.

So this is the future for normies. Operating systems that are basically either dumb terminals like chrome OS or locked down like 10S so (((they))) decide what programs you can run. And no more net nutrality so your internet costs $500 per month and it only includes facebook and instagram.

>mfw got Win 10 Home for free legally by grabbing a system pull drive, putting it in my laptop, running Automatic Repair, Reset This Computer, Do Not Keep Files, Are You Sure? [Y/N] Y

ITT: Things that never happened

I've actually heard of this happening.

Got a source? Quick google didn't turn up anything, I'd assumed they were completely separate.

you're replying and me too

What computer does he have that was forced for this upgrade?

Watch out for this hackerfrog