WHY WON'T IT DROP IN PRICE? GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

WHY WON'T IT DROP IN PRICE? GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144104
youtube.com/watch?v=0ddF-b8Rozc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Must suck dick to be a gamer - you're always chasing after the next tech fad.

>buying ram
>thinking you need ram
>corsair ram
>gaymer DOMINATOR ram
>playing games
>using the computer for more than what it's designed for. shitposting and facebook.
pleb.

I just learned that there is fucking gaming ram
there is gaming ram
fucking gaming ram...

computers were designed for computing things

well duh?

how else do you expect to tactically multiple your gaming force?

>tactically multiple
wew

Real Gamers use a godlike gaming motherboard.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144104

Just buy it and shut up. I hate retards like you that whine everyday about high RAM prices.

I mean I don't really think anyone who isn't gaming would need RAM that has a high clock speed and gets super hot, thus needing a heatsink.

Yeah and now we use them to look at pictures of anime catgirls. What's your point

That's ok, I hate you too.

>caution ultimate power
>game boost button
>godlike
>fancy sound capacitors
>turbo u.2
>made in china
>m.2 shields
>rgb
>a dragon
it's like a legit autistic homosexual man sat there and thought of the most game, autistic thing he could create while having a dragon dildo shoved up his ass.

>overclocking
>heat sink
>for ram

Your options are
trust fund babby tier
>get 16gb (8x2)
wagecuck tier
>get 8gb (8x1) now, get another stick when your budget allows
neet poorfag tier
>get 4gb (4x1) now, get another stick when your budget allows

prices are not going down until 2019
there will be no deals on ram
learn from the gpu crisis in july that this shit is not going away

It's not even expensive though.

they're not gonna go down in 2019 either. im kinda glad i bought my 16gb 3200 cl14 when it was 10 bucks a gig. even then it was shit, now its even worse

>mfw im still on ddr1 ram

yeah i got my ddr4 corsair 16gb 3000 kit this black friday on sale for $160 from newegg... now its back up to $210 again.
>tfw i bought a ddr3 32gb kit from amazon in 2012 for $90
>mfw equivalent ddr4 kit is $300 now
wth happened.

>let a single asian jew country known for conglomerate-government collusion and anti-consumer practices take over 80% of DRAM production
>WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it had to do with the fact that America basically dropped out of several tech markets in the 2000s and now they're all consolidated in a few countries that are even worse for corruption

collusion between the ram manufacturers are keeping the supply down
its fucking ridiculous that a 16gb kit costs as much as a nice processor now

/retro/fag here, I'm unironically still on 3GB DDR2 ram

yikes

>Corsair Dominator
>tactical multiple anything

lol

i really really love that image

I honestly never know this image is a meme or not.

> Be poor
> Have fx 8320 build so DDR3
> Want 16gb of ram (have 8gb)
> about 100 bucks for 2 4gb sticks (of the same brand & model I already have because autism)
Why the fuck is DDR3 so expensive when DDR4 is a thing

Poorfag here, running on a P4 and 512 mb ram.

running w10 in 2x4 GB or DDR2 ram here

gaming ram doesn't need heat sinks anyway, the age of ram heating up and failing was long ago. they're there for looks and marketing exclusively. just like differently colored pcbs

>Corsair
>Not G.Skill

>G.Skill
>not Kingston

SSD prices haven't gone down for like 2 years.

I don't know if this post is a meme

>less demand = less supply
>less supply = ^^^^^^^ $$$$$$$ ^^^^^^^
in the case of ddr4 see:

>Kingston
>not mushkin

> All RAM on the market
> a tech fad
What technology do you use for your physical memory?

The key phrase is "always chasing after the next tech fad," you fucking goy.
>le strawman
kys

>not posting the full pic

Are you retarded? Explain how you think DDR4 is a "fad", and then explain why whatever form of DDR you're still clinging onto wasn't when you bought it.

Fair enough. I guess DDR4 is a fad as long as it's more expensive GiB for GiB than DDR3. Same attitude with SSD v. HDD. Technically speaking, I don't have an argument against DDR4, but I do if it remains expensive and cutting edge while appealing towards the "gaemer" market.

My thinking is that the better, more expensive options need to age some and become a commodity before I consider it a mainstream - a non-fad product.

I use DDR3 btw and I bought the machines it's installed into at a low price.

I also think that if you think DDR4 is a good value for its cost and performance, then that's fine. I still would have reservations because of the price.

meant for

I actually appreciate gaming gear as a non gamer because "gaming" mice and keyboards are great for cad work.

Ill also argue that "gaming" stuff made better motherboards and ram more mainstream.

Also gaming focused gpus made high amounts of video ram accessible

I don't think anyone thinks that DDR4 is good value, especially since the price fucking tripled in the last year.

Why do they make the heatsinks impossible to remove? It actually screws with compatibility

Are you retarded? Do you know you can't use DDR3 with any CPU that has been on the market for the last 3 years? No, let me correct that. Manufacturers actually made DDR3 motherboards, but basically you damage the CPU (its IMC, to be more accurate) in the long term because of electromigration.

They won't get down don't they? What next? Mainboard? SSD ?

Yes goyim, be a good little consumer and buy our RAM at artificially inflated prices!

>Buys prebuilts
As far as anyone is concerned, you are a mouth breathing moron who shouldn't even chime in on this. Run along and play with your pots and pans

I don't get the point you are trying to make.
>does not know that I am talking about laptops
Does your brain lack oxygen, user? I thought you were smarter than to >imply.

Think b4 you meme, nigglet.

>I don't get the point you are trying to make.
So you really are retarded

Yeah, I must be. I don't see how what you are saying about pairing modern CPUs and DDR4 specifically addresses my opinion about how expensive DDR4 is compared to DDR3.

Do you fucking see? Even if there was a slight possibility with pairing new CPUs with DDR3 is bad, I would question it and research it rather than listen to Mr. Sup Forums calling me retarded for not "getting it" and not taking it as gospel. Go fuck yourself.

>his ram isnt shining rgb
Are you a pleb or something?

Blame samsung and blame mobile phones.

imo the best way to get ram now is used or wait for brack friday bunduru

What does homosexuality has to do with it?

>wth happened
RAM was ALWAYS expensive (talking Pentium I/II/III/IV times). Then there was a decade of explosive advancement causing rapid obsolescence. Babbies that grew in that decade thought this is how the world works while it was just a lucky period. This is why there is so much whining now, babbies hitting the reality.

what does the colors mean?

WTF

yes, you can overclock/overvolt ram

It's a custom blend. Red for speed, green for eco-friendliness and purple is a blend of red and blue which gives great power at low temperatures if used correctly. Most people just use one colour and call it a day but this guy has truly optimized his RAM performance. If it's stable at all he's probably sitting on a knife edge. Don't mix LEDs if you don't REALLY know what you're doing.

ram heatsinks are useless, you fucking moron. they're purely eye-candy

where did i say anything about heatsinks?

niggers think you need heatsinks for ram so they stay cool when you overclock them

Because fucking micron, samsung and hynix are a fucking cartel.

I thought the dragon was an anime character sending a kiss. It took me some time to see the dragon. Maybe it's the gayness of the rainbow leds, it induced the vision of a faggot logo.

I bought an extra 16 gigs of DDR4 when I got my Ryzen and since I only have two DIMM slots on my motherboard it just sits in its box. It's more amusing to watch DDR4 continue to rise in price when you're sitting on more than you can use.

>Game boost knob/button
>Goes to eleven
Things have went too far

FUCK I SEE THAT NOW.
FUCK SHE IS UGLY.
FUCK.

>quad core

i don't see it

Not so. Temp wise, you would see anywhere from 10-30C difference with/without heatsinks.

Ram operating at 30c vs ram operating at 45c might see a difference in 4000 mhz vs 3000 mhz

prove it

Because it looks gay as fuck you faggot

Because the squint eyed jews are in cahoots to keep the prices high.

With the amount of electricity you're wasting, buying something shitty but new would probably pay for itself in a few months.

do you even know how much a P4 system draws, you massive tard?

youtube.com/watch?v=0ddF-b8Rozc

There's not really any benchmarks by anyone recently but I suspect there would be something to look into for curiosity.

Its two different ram tests ddr3 (with heatsink) to find out what the delta is between startup and during load. The second test is a pair of ddr2 ram that's without heatsink and with same startup vs load test. Heatsink ram had a delta of ~1C and ram without heatsink had delta of ~7C

Since those two are operating on old low speed ram, the modern 3000/4000 mhz ram should definitely see drastic difference when compared to heatsink vs non-heatsink versions(removing it), if we can ever get someone to test that.

tl;dr shortage of actual test/investigation doesn't mean lack of difference

A Pentium 4 has literally zero performance per watt.

My bad, he probably saves money on heating. Chink tablet with more processing power draws less power point still stands.

DDR4 runs cooler and high clock ram is a shit meme cus trash latencies

again, do you even know the TDP of P4 ?

and your unrelated "point" is irrelevant

Like 200W power consumption. But Intel probably gives a lower figure for their TDP which is a fucking lie.

because price fixing laws dont apply in asia until you get murdered by the chinese government for corruption but it's party party until then

Korean jews stil jacking up prices to block Chinese manufacturers. China was suppose to open fab in late 2016, 2017 and you see that's the time the koreans decided to collude. Mobile phone RAM is just a smokescreen.

Im trying to launch a rocket, i need high processing powers. First attempt is planned for the 26 th

god damn you're fucking retarded.
if they gave incorrect TDP they'd get sued out the ass by people buying the wrong coolers and getting throttled.

just stop posting already

What he's saying is that DDR4 isn't a fucking fad and nobody cares if it's not worth the capacity/$ because it's REQUIRED for any CPU made in the last few years.

>DDR4 runs cooler
Are you sure you understand what's going on?

go ahead and try to refute what you just quoted

> if they gave incorrect TDP they'd get sued out the ass by people buying the wrong coolers and getting throttled.
You think people are going to sue Intel? The company of Jews with a literal army of lawyers?

> if they gave incorrect TDP they'd get sued out the ass
Protip: Intel gives incorrect TDP today with like all of their processors.
They redefined what TDP means.

pretty sure the companies that make third party coolers would get pissed they gave the wrong specs aswell

so what difference is there in intel's TDP vs what it actually means?

That wasn't even me but yeah my point was the same one I was making originally before you tried to out autism me on the pentium 4s tdp. He could save money not running that and have something more modern and usable. Stop wasting electricity.

your point is still irrelevant, and incorrect, you fucking retard. the money he'd spend on efficient parts is significantly higher than the power cost to run that old shit until it breaks

It's not the "wrong" spec when Intel gets to define what it means. They will just say you're using the spec wrong.

also it has fucking nothing to do with him just commenting that he's running some spec in reply to some other dude commenting on what spec he runs

good point

This whole p4 tdp nonsense is actually irrelevant in a thread about ddr4 being to expensive autismo. I'm right though.

What is "the" gay look to you?

DDR4 is a ram standard.

Brainlets, please.