In a comprehensive series of benchmarks and speed tests, the iPhone X absolutely demolishes the Samsung Galaxy S8...

In a comprehensive series of benchmarks and speed tests, the iPhone X absolutely demolishes the Samsung Galaxy S8. See for yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8

>b-but this webm says otherwise

The webm floating around on Sup Forums shows a bunch of very basic apps that open slightly faster on the S8. We're talking facebook, instagram etc. This is not indicative of a faster phone.

>b-but nobody NEEDS that much power!

Bullshit. You might as well say nobody needs a fast computer and we might as well just use our old 2000 computers forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/benchmark-cheating-strikes-back-how-oneplus-and-others-got-caught-red-handed-and-what-theyve-done-about-it/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzPLQhWa0
youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4
bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/
thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
mybroadband.co.za/news/software/234274-put-123-in-your-iphone-calculator-and-get-the-wrong-answer.html
news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-8-plus-battery-bursts-while-charging-destroys-case-and-screen-517860.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-bug-letter-i-apple-keyboard-ios-update-software-people-unable-write-type-text-a8039706.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

option 1: having a phone that "supposedly" is 10-50 ms more responsive, but it started balding

option 2: having a sexy hot phone with nice curves

yeah, option 2 it is

also, why so many dislikes on an objective benchmark video?

>option 1: having a phone that "supposedly" is 10-50 ms more responsive, but it started balding

We're not talking 10-50ms. We're talking almost twice as fast as the Samsung S8 when running actual tests that require processing power. We're talking about running games at 60 FPS on the iPhone X vs 30 FPS on the S8.

>also, why so many dislikes on an objective benchmark video?

2k likes vs 385 dislikes. As for why, seems pretty obvious that android fanboys would dislike the video.

>We're talking about running games at 60 FPS on the iPhone X vs 30 FPS on the S8.
this may be due to the notch, since iPhone doesnt have to render pixels on that spot.

Samsung resolution: 2960x1440
Iphone X resolution: 2436-by-1125

4,2 mil pixels vs (2,73 mil - notch) pixels

And how would this have any effect on tests which are run at 1080p on both?

how would it not you fucking idiot, try running witcher on 4K vs 1080p benchmark

Wait, so you're telling me that a phone that was just released, costs over twice as much as the lowest tier flagship galaxy (available since April), has a lower screen resolution and looks like utter shit, displays stuff a few ms faster? Well sounds like you got yourself a new customer here.

>a phone with twice the pixel count runs at half speed
whoopde fucking doo
Sup Forums is dead

he did game benchmarks you fucking moron. If those games run at native phone resolution, it would make perfect sense

benchmarks dont matter
all phones makers cheat in them
xda-developers.com/benchmark-cheating-strikes-back-how-oneplus-and-others-got-caught-red-handed-and-what-theyve-done-about-it/

I'm willing to bet without watching they used video encoding in that benchmark which is known to be hardware accelerated on the iPhone X.

Not a case of sour grapes, you just need to know what the differences in capabilities are when you are benchmarking.
Rolling too many different variety tests into a single benchmark and then outputting a single result can be misleading. If there is one particular task where one of the devices far excels against the other then it can mislead, especially if it is a task that isn't relative to everyday usage.

>Wait, so you're telling me that a phone that was just released

I am comparing the 2017 apple phone versus the 2017 samsung phone.

>costs over twice as much

Are you a fucking retard? Do you expect nobody to notice that you are comparing the most expensive iPhone X with a USED samsung S8 from amazon?

The iPhone X is more expensive than the S8, true. It's also a much better phone.

Except this guy uses several different benchmarks as well as testing both phones in demanding tasks.

>taking videos and exporting them
>not everyday usage

hummm

This and this
Reminds me of the retards on Sup Forums comparing consoles running shit at a medium preset 720p to PCs running the same crap on the highest settings fHD, or comparing screenshots with no context or frame rates.

>Hurr durr my slap of metal is better than yours.
Dumb phone posters.

When you generally record videos it is handled by the hardware camera processor, which is accelerated on both devices.
If you then go into a third party app to edit and export the video then it uses the general processor, the SoC, which is hardware accelerated on the A11, not in the 835 or Exynos.

>new S8 is STILL less than half
>has features such as removable storage, headphone jack, higher screen resolution and not looking like a balding nu-male with a back tumor

The iPhone X starts at $999. The Samsung is 30% cheaper. True, that's a decent amount of money. But you're getting a much better phone with the iPhone X.

>no headphone jack
>no sd card slot
>worse screen resolution
>black dent at the top of the screen
>black line at the bottom of the screen

>600 is 30% of 1000
>much better

holy fuck man, thats even worse than the notch

was this phone designed by literal retards?

Apple iTards BTFO, no way to recover

it's trash because they're chasing the android market for some ass backwards reason.
the SE is the true continuity of the jobsian ideal

>600 is 30% of 1000

650 is 30% cheaper than 1000, you literal retard.

>Superior quality screen
>Much faster
>looks better
>better OS

>650 is 30% cheaper than 1000
>0.7 x 1000 = 650

The screen is sourced from Samsung, moron. At twice the price it better run better, especially with its longer development time and worse screen resolution - which doesn't even have to display completely thanks to the notch and hole.

>looks better
>better OS

Nice delusions.

Wait for galaxy 9 :^)

You can't even adblock with touchjizz

Get the fuck out of here

Can you at least hide the home button?

I can on my Note 8, which then lets you use soft press to click inside the app and hard press for home button.
Just a shame they didn't do the same for the other buttons.

>You can't even adblock with touchjizz
Get the fuck out of here.

No. It's not. You're dealing with 1,000 as the base number. You drop the last digit from each and there's your percentage. 650 is 65% of 1000, so 650 is 35% cheaper not 30%. The 5% matters only because you're calling someone a "literal retard".

looks better for sure. OS.. depends on what you mean

bitch... you don't even know

Are you fucking stupid? There is a price range for the Samsung s8 so rather than giving an exact calculation i gave a rough estimate of 30%, a round number. I am a fucking math major, I know more about mathematics than you ever will.

>can play clash of clans and candy crush much faster

Are you retards running protein folding experiments on your phones or why exactly should I give a FLYING SHIT about benchmarks?

>650 is 65% of 1000

It's 24% according to the calculator app on my iPhone.

*BREATHES IN*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iPhones in a nutshell:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzPLQhWa0

youtube.com/watch?v=dUMH6DVYskc

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4

bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/

mybroadband.co.za/news/software/234274-put-123-in-your-iphone-calculator-and-get-the-wrong-answer.html

news.softpedia.com/news/iphone-8-plus-battery-bursts-while-charging-destroys-case-and-screen-517860.shtml

youtube.com/watch?v=mcTAXsFHu5I

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-bug-letter-i-apple-keyboard-ios-update-software-people-unable-write-type-text-a8039706.html

>loading times and how well apps are kept in memory doesnt affect your everyday usage

I'll take 1 second of lag while opening apps over non-existent security any day of the week.

>running games
>on a mobile device

Kill yourself.

Millennials get bored after 6 seconds.

So if it takes 2 seconds to launch an app they only have 4 seconds to take their phone out of their pocket, unlock it, and navigate to the app or they will feel miserable and their day is ruined.

I remember taking 15 minutes to load Elite from a cassette tape onto a ZX Spectrum.

>faster phone
I honestly don't really care about how fast a phone is, I don't play games or do anything CPU intensive on a phone.
That said, performance matters.
The ideal phone allows it to be fast to do what I want fast.
All phones are bad at this and a faster CPU is not going to help much.
We need better hardware

What the hell are you talking about?

YOu dont care about how fast a phone is, but you want it to be fast doing what you want.

Somehow better hardware wont help to achieve this.

You aren’t making any fucking sense.

>if you input the wrong passcode you get an incorrect passcode message, but if you input the right passcode you dont get it!

I mean, clearly the bug is in the UI reaction to receiving the correct passcode after several incorrect passcode attempts, but he clearly uses a passcode he hasn't used before in any of the other entry attempts which "magically" unlocks the device.

And you're part of the reason he made that video. Fake news spreads very easily.

Look again, none of those codes were correct, the unlock animation that normally takes place did not happen.

Anyway that's how I unlocked my cousin's iPhone 7 that her daughter changed the passcode to and then forgot it like every other little 7 year old asshole out there.

It did take me like 10 minutes to get it right but in the end it actually worked. My cousin burst into tears and hugged me for a good minute. She had like 100 contacts, school work, and other important stuff in her phone.

Thanks apple?

I am saying the solution lies in making the software better.
If you want specific examples, then take the unlocking as an example.
Unlocking the iphone takes a long time compared to fingerprint unlocking.
A huge part of it is because you need to flick it open to unlock it, but also because you need to angle your head correctly.

>A huge part of it is because you need to flick it open to unlock it, but also because you need to angle your head correctly.
I literally just returned my X because of that. Fuck that lmao.

>the unlock animation that normally takes place did not happen.
See
>clearly the bug is in the UI reaction to receiving the correct passcode after several incorrect passcode attempts

It's not a UI bug though, see vault7

OOPS

Are you saying Apple doesn't have a way of resetting your passcode when you forget it?

Why people store "important" information on a single device without backups is also beyond me.

lmao of course they do, they're just trying to keep that lowkey

shit thread

>We're talking about running games
>games
>on a smartphone

Who even gives a fuck about that.

It is government sponsored advertisement.
Criminals buy iphones thinking it is secure, government can pretend to be incompetent to push legislation.
There is no way federal agents are as incompetent as they claim on the news.

Just filter them, in the end these are just larping threads where everyone pretends apple isn't absolute dogshit for teh lulz.

I've sat in on demonstrations of breaking into locked iPhones without even having hands on with the phone. So yes, the news is bullshit.

Macv7s and pressure skillet said they didn't even have to use an asic array for iOS 10 and older. Gotta love apple's "diagnostic" tools. I'm pretty jelly at all the chinks and ruskies making bank from just unlocking and selling "lost" iPhones.

Flashing a new IMEI must be a bitch though.

I hate this board.

>We're talking about running games at 60 FPS on the iPhone X vs 30 FPS on the S8
Hahahahahahahaha.
No.

YES!

Check the video, and enjoy being wrong, as usual!

>comparing games across iOS and Android

Yeah, that's representative. Wasn't Snapchat the one that was so badly designed on Android it opened the camera view and then took a screenshot of it instead of actually taking a picture? I don't trust developers to release a competent app on both.

winner

>actual CPU tests rather than responsiveness tests
Of course the iPhone X would be faster. It's should be no secret on this board that Keller the Jew Killer makes good CPUs.

Too bad it gets raped by the note8, that's still cheaper than the iPhone X and came out before.

>Jim Keller
>A11
???

And tonight, on Troll or Just Stupid...

Adhell, bud.

Are you somehow not aware that he's responsible for the Swift core design, which has underlied Apple's CPUs since then?

>hyper powerful facebook gaming camera phones for 1000 bucks
Why not just get something less popular with sufficient performance and then wipe your ass with the leftover 800$ on youtube to generate millions of views and thus earn enough to buy a lamborghini whilst having the satisfaction of having wiped your ass on US currency?