Browsers

Which is the correct browser to use in 2017 and 2018?

Does anyone even use Edge?

Has chrome gotten any new features since 2013?

Is Vivaldi a brower or a webpage?

Is Firefox even relevant in this age?

Is Opera good at anything?

Is Safari worth buying a mac for?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-5742Z-4200-Pentium-LXR4P02002/dp/B004IOL7ZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Does anyone even use Edge?
50 year old normies do
>Has chrome gotten any new features since 2013?
Probably not
>Is Vivaldi a brower or a webpage?
Vivaldi is irrelevant
>Is Firefox even relevant in this age?
It is now, yeah
>Is Opera good at anything?
Built in VPN and adblock I guess. Also it's run by a Norwegian company which means they're not cucked
>Is Safari worth buying a mac for?
Safari is shit, mac is shit.

>correct

>Does anyone even use Edge
Some people do but it's arguably worse still. It's the best thing you can use to download other browsers.

Yes? UI wise it doesn't look that different (except for the settings page and such, all material design now because PCs are apparently phones) however it did get some features here and there. However it also killed font rendering.

>Is Vivaldi a brower or a webpage
A shitty browser

Latest version is definitely a step above (except for extensions) the rest. Anything older is absolute garbage though.

It's Chrome with a decent dark theme.

You know you could hackintosh. But no, not really. It's really good on battery and fairly fast but it's not secure and it doesn't support some things like webbums yet.

I use the default samsung browser on my phone

>Which is the correct browser to use in 2017 and 2018?
>none
>Does anyone even use Edge?
>yes
>dunno
>Is Vivaldi a brower or a webpage?
>a baroque composer
>no
>who cares
no

What browser has the best battery life. I feel quantum would be good on a PC, but on my laptop it takes about 40% charge of every cycle even though I barely use it.

Safari doesn't support webm? Lol

Only does through a VLC web plugin and only plays videos on a separate tab. Not embedded.

Also some sites have problems with Safari as well, if they use shit like flash.

Firefox > Firefox forks > Iridium > Safari > not using a browser > Any chromium browser that isn't Iridium

For PC and Linux I use brave browser.

Iridium has shitty updates.

I tried Brave but it takes 3-5 seconds to startup and isn't all that fast
Also Seamonkey has a weird and unusable tab toolbar layout and seems to be stuck in 2005 UI wise.
Not sure what to try next

Not sure why its so slow for you, its much faster than any other browser I've tried. If it is slow the numerous plugins, the adblocker, HTTP upgrader, and the good privacy policy makes up for the slow speed.

Havent been on legit pc in a while. Yandex is definitely best for mobile, everything at the bottom

I'm lurking the brave forums to see what can be done about the slow startup problem
Also, is it normal for the brave exe to be installed in C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local ?

Yes, that's the default location. The guys on the brave forums should be able to help you out. What kind of specs does your computer have btw?

I'm running it on a computer with 16GB ddr4, ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Motherboard and an i7-7700K, and I dont have a GPU in it at the moment because it died on me a couple months ago

Pretty ancient stuff
>amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-5742Z-4200-Pentium-LXR4P02002/dp/B004IOL7ZQ
>CPU: Intel Pentium dual-core P6100
>integrated Intel HD Graphics
>4GB DDR3

On opera you have a battery saver option

Been trying Seamonkey these past few days and I'm liking it quite a bit so far. Low memory, old addons, no broken sites. After trying a bunch of Firefox forks this is the one I've liked the most.

That would explain the speed issues. Brave is a RAM hog, especially when it's starting up. Are you running linux? If you ran it on a linux based system I'm certain it'd run faster.

Thanks, good to know. I'll probably still keep it around.
Do you know a more suitable browser to run on my specs? Maybe palememe or iridium?

>2017
>Still not using Palemoon

Not really sure since I've never really run a system on your specs so I cant say how things will run from personal experience. I'd say just dedicate some time to experimenting with new browsers and see what the Sup Forumsentlemen say

maybe start a thread on here with your specs and detail the issues youve had so far with the browsers you've tried

elinks is the only good browser

Use Falkon.

Brave blocks ads and replaces them with their own, "safe" ads. Using Brave is the gayest form of digital cuckolding in existence
>brave.com/about-ad-replacement

If you use macOS, Safari's the best browser by far, but it'd be ridiculous to say it's worth buying a Mac just for that
When I'm on Linux or Windows, I use Firefox Nightly. It's miles better than Safari in terms of customizability, and it's fairly fast.

That's opt-in.

Lol

>what is opt-in
Most browsers start with ads enabled
Brave starts with ads disabled and an opt-in to enable some shitty brave ads
Which one is the cuck's option

the "using-a-browser-that-pretends-it-blocks-ads-and-value-your-privacy" option

its opt in dick head.

>using a browser that blocks ads by default and you can turn that ads on if you want

just dont turn the fucking ads on brainlet.

can a lurker get some criteria?

or just use chromium, which brave is based on, but with pointless extra features.

but without

Does Firefox tracks you while you browse and they're able to use the information of their users to sell it to big brother?

Nobody cares. They update often enough for a normie user. If you're a poweruser you wouldn't use anything but Gecko-based browsers.

Botnet

Not unless you're using Beta/Nightly.

I used Firefox from back in the day when it was still named Firebird to about a year ago. Tried out different browsers, liked Opera the best. Still use it today

Only a retard would use a privative browser

only a retard would use a botnet browser