Advice on monitor

For this christmas I would like to gift myself a decent monitor.

I am mainly going to use it for games and design (blender, unreal engine, photoshop...). I am not rich however, and I can't spend more than ~350 euros, and even then, that is a high price for me, I just wanted something nice.

I don't need 100%adobe rgb, 4k at 144hz 1ms, because it's not like if I could aford any of these, also I'm not a professional designer and I don't play competivive either. I would just want a monitor with the best color I can get, 2k and that goes beyond 60hz even if slightly.

I found this asus PB277Q which pretty much fits what I want: 75hz, 2k, 1ms and it claims 100% srgb coverage for 325€. However I don't know if there might be a better monitor for around the same price from another brand...

Another question: it is a TN panel; even if it claims 100%srgb would it deliver worse colors than an IPS? As I said I'm not a professional so I don't need the most accurate monitor ever, but color is still important for me.

>pls help

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiogaming.com/products/new-px277
amazon.com/dp/B0761P6MC7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2BEWJ65RH1YNC&colid=3KJVFUA4FB0SM&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=cB5RRdTi9bY
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0777TRHPQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=b4qSzAHkNYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some amazing deals on big 4k monitors. 27" size not as much. Depends on whether ur nearsighted or not.

>I am mainly going to use it for games and design (blender, unreal engine, photoshop...)
>I don't need 100%adobe rgb
>color is still important for me

Sounds like you want an IPS. This will put your price up a bit.

TN panels are antiquated for any kind of creative work. Unless it's all you can afford or if you play twitch shooters competitively, don't get a TN.

could you reccomend me one?

Acer K272HUL is a popular cheap monitor.

27" 1440p, IPS panel, probably fits your budget (I can find it for ~£260 so you can probably find it for similar in Euros). Good assortment of inputs: Displayport, HDMI and DVI. I've got one and it's a good no-frills monitor.

Probably the main downside is that the stand is as simple as it gets. No height adjustment or swivel. It can be VESA mounted so consider getting a mounting arm or something.

Depends on what size u want. Ips better for smaller screens, the best tvs use va think, big ones

Have Asus PB278Q (IPS panel). Bought it 2 years ago for around 400 EUR. A really good monitor for my needs. Colours are vibrant, build quality is really good.

A good vesa mount would add less than 50USD to the price of getting this monitor so its completely doable with OPS budget.

I second the above recommendation recommendation but I'd also say go and check out any second hand computer hardware stores near you, you might find an unexpected good deal.

Just get a TN and calibrate it with Spyder and it will look better than any IPS.

a tn+spyder would cost more than an ips you dumbhead

You won't find a display that's even remotely color accurate at that price, OP. Excluding CRTs, they just don't exist.

pixiogaming.com/products/new-px277
I ordered one of these. Note: The price was actually $369 with free shipping. Maybe I'm dumb, but it get's pretty great reviews.

If you don't care about 4k no point in wasting money on the 1440p meme. Get the same pixel density from a 23" 1080p low refresh IPS screen.
>but muh Hz
Unless you play racing or fps games it literally doesn't matter. You don't benefit from higher Hz unless the game runs above 60 fps, and it's pure opinion whether it's even noticeable then.

came here to suggest this. i dont own, but ive been thinking about buying one.

how is it?

amazon.com/dp/B0761P6MC7/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2BEWJ65RH1YNC&colid=3KJVFUA4FB0SM&psc=1

23" is too small though 27" is perfect.

Depends

>how is it?
I won't get it until Monday. Wendell has nothing but good things to say about it though.
youtube.com/watch?v=cB5RRdTi9bY

yeah ive seen about 2-3 reviews on it. nobody has really said anything bad about it. but most reviews on Newegg have complaints about multiple dead pixels.

I noticed that, but I take Newegg reviews with a grain of salt. Crossing my fingers, though.

>want 27 inch TN and 16:10 above 1920x1200 for under $500
>it will never exist

I might stop using a computer when my monitor dies, this fucking sucks

If you want a 25 inch get a PB258Q from Asus. It is IPS and has fantastic colours. Only 60hz though.

>27"
Why? Are you sitting between 80 and 170cm far?
If not, get a fucking 24". 27 inchers are shit, they got one for my job and I was able to see the huge pixels.

>Why? Are you sitting between 80 and 170cm far?
Yes, actually. About 90cm. 27 is perfect, 30 is too big.

i have one. it's decent. has a little backlight bleed on the bottom edge though

AOC q2775pqu is a really good choice at that price.

It's a 1440p VA panel. It's much better than the TN panel you're looking at.

General tip on this: VA panels are like a in-between IPS and TN and some of them are priced at the same price or lower than TN panels. If you can then you should absolutely get a VA panel iinstead of a TN - go to a store and compare side-by-side and you'll see that TN has washed out shitty colors and look bad compared to any VA.

These are looking pretty nice:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0777TRHPQ/

31.5" 1440p 75Hz FreeSync VA panel all for ~€226.

Review: youtube.com/watch?v=b4qSzAHkNYM

AOC have them up cheap for pre-order as a loss leader apparently. If you can order from Amazon UK or see if they have them locally, it looks like a great deal.

is 21:9 still a meme?

I bought a 34" curved one and hated it. Returned it and bought a normal 27" monitor.

>Colours are vibrant
>fantastic colours
Colors of a decent display aren't supposed to be "vibrant" and "fantastic", they're supposed be accurate. Also: uniform across the entire screen and stable. None of which is possible in OP's budget.

>Just get a TN and calibrate it
Accurately calibrating a cheap LCD (TN and IPS alike) is literally impossible because of their terrible linearity no amount of fucking with your GPU signal (as opposed to actual hardware calibration good monitors are capable of) is going to magically fix.

OP, if you're semi-serious about design / graphics software, keep saving for a decent entry-level monitor like Nec EA* or Eizo EV*. It will actually be cheaper in the long run because it will last you much longer, your eyes will thank you and it might actually pay for itself.

So I've stumbled upon two benq monitors: the BL2420PT and the PD2500Q

The BL is 250€ and the PD is 350€, they are the same: IPS, 100%srgb coverage, 60hz (I forgot the idea of having faster refresh rates, impossible to find), 2k, everything looks the same on the paper. The only difference that I found (besides the extra inch, which doesn't really matter, or that's what she said), is that the PD is marketed as "factory calibrated", but for the price difference I could get a spyder and calibrate the BL as many times as I want.

What do you think about these?

I'd grab two in a heartbeat if they were sold in NA