Autism Innovations : Shit You've Built Edition

Any anons like to build autistic blends of technology to serve a very niche purpose?
Pic related, my first soldering project.
>$5 chink mouse + $15 morse key + $0.01 wire = USB-connected morse key
I use it to shitpost in voice chats.
>desolder left click switch
>reconnect two wires to left click
>attach two wires to the morse key terminals
>morse key turns into one giant analog switch
>use virtual audio bus to take left click and turn into output sound as a microphone
>join voice chat
???
PROFIT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xpBTh7sWgaA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

more /o/ related but whatever
pic related is a blinding brake light because fuck you

2/5

I made contact mics before. They're nothing more than connecting piezo transducers to a 1/4" TRS female jack. Probably cost $2-3 per mic at Radio Shack and are pretty fun to mess around with

Nice, are those legal?
Here in Cucked Canada lights have a maximum and minimum brightness regulation.
Care to clarify how they function?

3/5

I put an m.2 SSD in my iBook G4 because I dislike both spinning rust drives in laptops and botnet hardware. Used an m.2 to mSATA adapter and an mSATA to IDE adapter. Works better than expected, actually.

Gtfo Sup Forums

Basically, you place (or often tape) them onto the surface of something that you want to record. The vibrations from the object that they're placed on will be picked up by the transducer and convert it into the electrical signal that will go into your recording interface.

They have limited function, but it's interesting to press one into your throat and start singing. I've put some onto metal baking sheets and ran things across the surfaces of the sheets to make some ambient, metallic sounds

>soldering, PCBs, radio communications
>not technology
Please fuck off back to r/iphonex

Ah alright, sounds neat.
Might build one!

This is literally a thread for stuff youve built yourself

/ohm/ you imbecile. It matches literally no threads on here

It's about shit you've built yourself that has to do with technology.
Anything is fucking technology if you think about it.

This is overlapping shit retard.
It would suit for both boards.

But this is Sup Forums related /diy/ only, so it suits Sup Forums more then it suits standard /diy/.
Stop being such an obvious and obnoxious newfag.

It will be a walk in the park for you if you do. Just be sure to have a preamp or something since it does produce a mic-level signal, not line-level, so it will be very quiet on its own

I'm actually pretty impressed. Did you run into any clearance issues?

i made this a while back desu, it's broken now the screen got rekt in my backpack

it's horrible
I love it

was a super tight fit i really wanted the screen centered but the pcb had like 10mm on the side of it i shaved it down as much as possible but still couldn't get it centered. sad it died i'm gonna fix it at some point i really wanted to be able to play gba games on gbc

>I put an m.2 SSD in my iBook G4 because I dislike both spinning rust drives in laptops and botnet hardware. Used an m.2 to mSATA adapter and an mSATA to IDE adapter. Works better than expected, actually.
>druaga1 posts on Sup Forums

how you liking your minecraft windows 98 machine my man?

i upgraded the sensor in my mouse to pmw3360. sadly I cannot get the side buttons to work because there seems to be a checksum on the usb descriptor that crashes the pc when it is modified.

what is this?

Now get rid of the mouse guts and replace them with an ESP8266 for a wifi-connected morse key

Looks like an ESP8266 hooked up to a battery and an LED

None at all. It's even stuck down to the motherboard with some Velcro and it still clears the shielding perfectly fine.
Wrong youtuber, mate.
youtube.com/watch?v=xpBTh7sWgaA

Awesome! I'm deeply impressed.

thanks man, I didn't write the code, just adapted it a little. I was hoping someone smart enough reading this could help me out with the usb descriptor.