Help me Sup Forums

Help me Sup Forums
I went full Stallman and installed Linux with full disk encryption.
Truth is, I like to play games from time to time and I kinda miss doing that. What do I do?

>inb4 install Windows
too lazy to do that, I customized every detail of my OS
>inb4 Wine
I mean, I already tried running some games with it, including GTA V but it doesn't seem to work

Other urls found in this thread:

lgdb.org/category/subgenre/mmo
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32038
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>run windows in a VM with PCI passthru
>dual boot windows on a 2nd drive
>get a console
>grow up and realise games are a waste of time for children

1. If you're impatient, and want to play viddy right away, GPU Passthrough.
2. If you can wait, WINE is getting some nice updates in the future, overwatch can run with some patches and gta v is becoming playable every day, which for me is fucking amazing.

Well...if you want games...but don't want to install Windows. There's always steam right? Otherwise...

Build another PC dedicated to gaming

What about buying a ps4 ?

Use wine you goober

Buy an xbox one x

Thanks everyone for the answers, appreciate it!

I might consider this, never thought of it.

see pic

get a cheap gpu for your linux and then use your current one for a windows virtual machine with pci passthrough.

qemu with gpu passthrough

games run at like 99% speed.

of course you need decent hardware to do so.

Yes buy an entire new piece of overpriced equipment even though the computer could do all that and more...but it's owner intentionally gimped it's potential on purpose.

And this is the true cost of Linux right here folks. One ruined pc and a console just so he can have less functionality than one FUCKING normal PC.

A windows key can be had for like 15 bucks online. Stop being a goddamned jackass. Or do a dual boot you fucking autistic dipshit.

>muh pc gaming mustard race
fuck off. Gaming consoles are dedicated hardware to do only one thing, and that's playing games. watching movies is a bonus

a full fledged personal computer is for real work. now, I'm not saying that stupid morons like you HAVE to use gnu/linux on their computer. Be my guest and gimp your pc as you called it, install windows and go on with your shitty life. but please do it in

Buy another computer just for gayming.
Dual booting, VM with PCI passthrough, Wine, all are a meme.

Triple encrypt

Just install Steam, take a look at GoG as well. Linux literally has thousands of games available.

Of the 223 games in my Steam library, 180 are Linux native just install them they werk.

"hey guys I installed an OS full well knowing it can only play garbage tier indie shit, and even then, it plays it bad due to terrible or non-existent drivers. What do I do?"

Just install Windows on a 2nd drive. Stop being a faggot. Linux is for those who do not have but shitpost and tweak their useless OS.

>hey guys I bought a $1500 PC and only play xbox games on it
>when I'm not reinstalling windows or defragging

Actual computer games work fine on Linux, only cawa doody tier games don't get ported and thank fuck for that.

>Only COD

You're so right! I mean who needs
>Metro 2033/LL (which have Linux version and they run like SHIT)
>GTA 4/5
>Any of the Witchers
>Any moba
>World of Warcraft
>Overwatch
>DOOM 2016
>Either of the Tomb raiders
>Any of the fallouts
>Any Elder scrolls game
>Any of the dark souls series or Souls-esque games (The surge, Lords of the Fallen)

But yea totally. I have muh Caw-a-dooty. Enjoy your garbage.

Whatever cuck. Metro runs fine you bullshit fag, also Witcher2 is native, DOTA2 and HoN are native. Tomb Raider is native. Fallout and co run perfect in WINE, as do Dark Souls. WoW is tested in WINE by Blizzard, and all Blizzard games work perfectly in WINE except Overkids. You can keep your xbox games Overkids and GTA, my eight-year old nephew plays that trash with his friends.

GTA? Overwatch?

>games are a waste of time for children
>he says while posting on an anonymous tibetan cave painting picture board

Get a gaming console.

Hey look at this butthurt bitch who can't actually do EVERYTHING on his machine. How it feel to give yourself a handicap on purpose?

Don't forget most MMO games too.

More wincuck lies and ignorance.

lgdb.org/category/subgenre/mmo

Google how does it work?

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32038

That doesn't imply that he or everyone else on this board spends the majority of their days shitposting and/or gaming.

Install Windows 7 and dual boot. Done.
/thread

>Spend more money on another system.

Yeah it's not like proper PC systems can accomplish both work AND games...he should just buy more shit that's the real answer.

Lutris.

> full Stallman and installed Linux

hmm something about this doesn't say full Stallman to me

These games are all proprietary software and therefore an enemy of your freedom.

Whenever you wish to play these proprietary games, just ask yourself: who is this game really working for? Is it a piece of artistic expression that is enriching my life, or is it a work of engineering that has been carefully designed to extract my dollars and free time and to always leave me wanting more? The distinction is yours to make user.

>Don't forget most MMO games
>Posts 63 games that run on linux
>Out of every mmo

Grow up and stop playing games kiddo.

How many do you need to play? Get a life kid.

Just play games on Linux. There is plenty of them.

Gzdoom works great and mods like brutal doom and blade of agony are great.

Openarena is old but decent.

Freeciv.

All volvo games, and multiple other AAA titles. Darkest dungeon. NuDoom. Dominions V. Xeonauts. The Witcher 2. Just check Linux games at gog and steam. I'm pretty sure you'll find something.

sounds retarded, but isn't entirely right (see indieshit made with love and passion e.g. Hollow Knight) and not entirely wrong either (see EA, bethesda lootcrates, paid mods)

Linux is a kernel. You may already use it in your Android

Thissssss

I mostly use wine, so:
>>Metro 2033/LL (which have Linux version and they run like SHIT)
not tested.
>>GTA 4/5
works good
>>Any of the Witchers
works good
>>Any moba
no problems
>>World of Warcraft
works great
>>Overwatch
not tested yet
>>DOOM 2016
works ok.
>>Either of the Tomb raiders
flawless.
>>Any of the fallouts
not tested
>>Any Elder scrolls game
oblivion for example, flawless
>>Any of the dark souls series or Souls-esque games (The surge, Lords of the Fallen)
not tested.

>implying console VS PC is an apples=apples comparison

PCI-Passthrough just werks with any game I throw at it

Want a simple solution? Buy an hdd or ssd. Put it in. Set your bios to see only it. Install windows. Wanna play, boot and only new hdd. Want your computer back, hide the fucking windows hdd and set your original drives. Just werks.

Ask the game devs to make Linux ports. It's not the OS's fault that some programs aren't on it, it's the fault of the devs of those programs.