Clean Your Board Edition
>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wasdkeyboards.com/
novelkeys.xyz/product/kailh-sample-pack/
novelkeys.xyz/product/kailh-switches/
aliexpress.com/store/product/kailh-switches/3034003_32817986097.html
aliexpress.com/item/PBT-keycaps-169-Keyset-Top-Printed-Carbon-Cherry-MX-Key-Caps-Cherry-Profile-For-87-104/32839781926.html
aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html?
youtube.com/watch?v=5D2iH8AdiTc&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cherry shit
don't bother throw that keyboard in the trash

gross

would any of you ever actually drop $250 on one of these customizable reddit shillling things?

wasdkeyboards.com/

I'd get a barebones one since all their keycap options suck

Not that guy, but it could be the way in which the cap transfers force to the stem, or maybe the way you press down on it. If you're not pressing straight down on the stem, it could apply a torque on the stem, which *might* cause improper actuation.

It's possible that the leaf contact inside the switch has been bent or lost its rigid structure. You should still test the PCB contacts, but it honestly sounds like you just need to replace the entire switch.

Kailh switches are pretty top tier now, especially their BOX switches, but there's few prebuilt keyboards you can buy that have them, so you'll have to buy the switches themselves and buy a DIY kit. If you're looking for a budget board again with good Kailh switches, it's not gonna happen.

If you really wanna try them, just buy this: novelkeys.xyz/product/kailh-sample-pack/

I didn't realize how overpriced they are until now. If they were using aluminum cases, then maybe the price would be ok, but it's hard to justify a $300 keyboard that simple even if it does have GMK keycaps, when there are so many other Chinese customs that do it cheaper and better.

m'fellow dirty ttesports owner

reeee blue board reported!!!!

>but it could be the way in which the cap transfers force to the stem, or maybe the way you press down on it
I'm not really sure of how to test this, but pressing on the sides of the keycap sometimes works, then it works for a long period of time. Sometimes it doesn't work and it keeps not working for the next presses, so I stop, "wobble" the keycap a bit and try again, then it works again, this is weird as hell

I'll try the PCB (tomorrow, cause I need to be in bed soon), thanks for the info. I might get some spare switches from the website you linked, one for ctrl and the others in case another one breaks. Shouldn't be too hard to switch out a switch for another, r-right?

Also, I think I would step up a bit if I bought an entire new kb. This one was a pretty good test run for its price, as I wasn't sure if the upgrade from rubberdome to mechanical was worth at first

Running the risk of sounding even more stupid, on that store, which one is the equivalent to the kaihua blue? They have so many options

enjoying your meme keyboards G?

:1)

you disgust me

Here:
novelkeys.xyz/product/kailh-switches/

Just buy 10 blue switches, though you'll probably notice a difference in quality. The hardest part is going to be desoldering; hopefully they didn't cheap out too much on the solder job.

FUcking love keyboards man

>desoldering
All my life I've been running away from soldering jobs but there's nowhere to run right now. Time to get some tutorials and practice during the 30~60 days it'll take for those to reach the third world

Thanks for the link

No

I got tricked into buying a GMK set second-hand and the alphas are 100% greasy shine

>buying someone else's jizz-stained ABS keycaps for over a hundred dollars

The colorway probably wasn't even worth it.

If you live in Asia or Europe, just buy from Aliexpress:

aliexpress.com/store/product/kailh-switches/3034003_32817986097.html

Unless you live in South America, then Novelkey is probably your best bet.

I was seriously considering it, even maxkey with those fucking gorgeous sculpted SA keys but fuck it. I do not give a single iota of a fuck how high quality the abs is or whose tooling they stole off a truck the keys are not worth the price. I'll buy my double shot pbt and keep it moving mother fuckers.
p.s. that WASD katakana set is fucking gorgeous shame its probably shiny out of the box and made with a walmart art kit

>double shot pbt
Where do you buy doubleshot PBT?

Vortex has had some for ages

I don't know if you're fucking with me, trying to pull something along the lines of both layers not being pbt but I got a double shot pbt set from kbdfans for $50 that was very good. It's a black set with rainbow legends and came with a 5.5u spacebar for my noppoo. There is also this new company making caps and I don't know their name since it's not in latin characters but their logo kind of looks like a nazi eagle. They ship with 5.5u spacebars! I've also got a doubleshot set with my leopold that is head and shoulders above all of my other keycaps and I can't wait for them to start selling them.
I also have some dye-sub which I really like because it's really smooth yet not shiny that I also got from kbdfans. People love enjoypbt but I've never had them. I don't know the life span on the dye-sub stuff but it sure is pretty and at least it's pbt.
All of the really cool sets seem to be ABS though and if I spend $100 on a keycap set to put on a $90 board I fully expect the caps to last like a decade.
Decided to find the brand with the eagle I was talking about it. It doesn't look like doubleshot pbt, probably dyesub but fuck I want this set for all three of my keyboards. It just so happens to look amazing on the beige leopold, the black tkl, and the white noppoo whilst having all the needed odd keys.
Where do you buy yours? I'm really fucking into this hobby right now and just assembling bookmarks like crazy

I prefer the feel of shiny ABS to PBT that's why I use GMK, also the colorways are nice.

forgot the link to the carbon aliexpress.com/item/PBT-keycaps-169-Keyset-Top-Printed-Carbon-Cherry-MX-Key-Caps-Cherry-Profile-For-87-104/32839781926.html
anyone reading that has plum/noppoo 84's check those guys out they actually have the space bar.

>Unless you live in South America, then Novelkey is probably your best bet.
Novelkey it is

>Where do you buy yours?
Buy what?

condoms

never buy keykaps without protection

That's a bad price, I got GMK Carbon for $90

Yeah no one has gmk except originative and they want $150-200+
That's just the price. You link me a store with gmk brand new in stock and that price will then be "bad".

can you name any????

I wouldn't drop 300$ on that shit either man

r u a chemistry chemist?

dye sub lasts for ever since the ink is a permanent part of the keycap

till i learned tho
just a friendly african american

You can't doubleshot PBT, you're thinking of dye sublimation.

but not a chemist african american? :- (

You guys aren't wasting money on mechanical keyboards with out knowing how to type at least passably well right? I have shit form but at least it's functional

I type 50 wpm

yes you can

the outer layer is pbt and the inner is usually abs or pom I think? What are these if not doubleshot pbt? aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html?
I have them right here next to me

50 wpm cant surpass it

Tada68
Anne Pro
KBD75
KBD19X
KPrepublic XD 60/84/96
TINA
GK64

Just a couple off my head under $150, though I think the KBD19X is near $300.

neat

Why would you spend over $50 on a keyboard that uses cherry switches?

None of those keyboards use Cherry switches.

because im a keyboard enthusiast
im casual as fuck and have 4 boards that all cost double that or more
its like asking a headphone guy why he spent $1k on headphones with dynamic drivers

The clones are even worse

>clones are worse

Gateron and Kailh are smoother and more tactile than Cherry. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

>More tactile than cherry

So still no tactility at all

we no gona bullly you because u new...

Good that you finally agree that Gateron and Kailh are better Cherry. You're actually learning from your mistakes.

>Having reading comprehension this bad

>katakana set
There's like 6 varieties of weaboo dye-sub pbt keycap sets around.

It's just the same faggot that needs to break their finger pressing a key before they consider it tactile enough.

Why argue about those low quality mechanical switches, when a Topre board is way better than those.

>Thinks I break my fingers when typing

>screws up his first post, meant to say "Why would you spend over $50 on a keyboard that [doesn't] uses cherry switches?
>admits that Gateron and Kailh switches are more tactile by quoting me
>somehow I'm the one that doesn't understand the English language
>also the faggot that posts a million different thinking emojis

Yea, you should've just outed yourself out at the beginning. I'm done responding to you, because you've clearly shown to be an absolute retard in the past, and you're being one now. Enjoy making an ass out of yourself alone.

it rly makes u thin

Is there a better 75% with a staggered top row than the Vortex Race3?

>Thinks I messed up my post

I can touch type, but I seem to be stuck at around 80wpm. No matter what typing tutor websites I use I still can't break it. Hopefully its not something serious like RSI that's limiting me.

A staggered top row really isn't necessary because you don't really need ergonomics for keys you won't really press that much. On top of that, they screw up the keycap sizes because of it.

Just wait for the KBD75 v2 and use an ortholinear top row, you won't notice a difference.

try typing the words reversed

>he is using titanum springs

But the aesthetic of it is what I want.

mpw4 ekil ot nwod em dewols tsuj taht

>Using the thinking emoji and greentexting improperly

you watched the keyboard while typing reversed?

no, but I was typing slow as shit

75SQ

Leeku's firmware may be absolute garbage that should never be used, but his hardware is solid and the top row with 0.5u gaps between each bundle is mint.

>Gateron
Nah mate, Gateron are just wobblier Cherry these days.

Except for the Gateron Silents, which are wobblier, scratchier Cherry Silents.

If you want good clone switches, buy Kailh.

>telling people on the internet how to use memes

no idea i tried it and had to look the keys maybe that's the reason why i only top 50wpm

magicforce

That's how you do it

shut up sempai let me alone

Silents and Clears are the only worthwhile Cherry switches to get right now. Gateron are still the smoothest switch there is, and I personally don't care about wobble, nor do I notice it. No one can beat Gateron in the linear department, but Kailh comes close.

If you don't type over 100 wpm you seriously don't use a computer enough to be considered anything but a newfag.
Have you tried silvers though? I've used a handful of different switches and find them very pleasant. Curious if others feel the same

Kailh destroys Gateron at linears, the BOX series is much smoother operating and has close to no wobble

If I didn't love the sound of Cherry silents so much, I'd be all in on Kailh BOXes.

I hate most speed switches, but I'd prefer Kailh silvers than Cherry's if I were to use them.

You should try Kailh bronze switches. A linear click bar speed switch has a pretty interesting feel, and I think I like them more than BOX whites.

>Clean Your Board Edition
here's a picture of my friend's keyboard before he cleaned it

tactility just slows down your typing speed
don't fall for the meme

Buckling springs are the smoothest switch

Kailh BOX switches are more stable, but they are not smoother; they're still scratchy. I don't know what Gateron switches you have, but my lubed Gateron linears are smoother than anything else.

Not him but i personally hate blue and green switches. To me they sound like some autistic Minecraft 13 yearold youtuber with assburgers

Interesting. What's wrong with Leeku's firmware, by the way? That 0.5u spacing is pretty tight, though.

agreed, buckling springs are the only good clicky switch

BOX whites/navies seem alright too tho, have to get some.

at least it has nice stabs...

where in the link does it say $250?
I bought the barebones one for 125usd. good option for full-size with MX clears. only thing I don't like are the front and back bezels.
maybe it becomes that expensive when you buy the one with GMK, but you'd be paying that much for them anyway.

Anyone else not use keycaps?

You'd payed $125 for a plastic board with Clears. It's still a decent board at a decent price for Clears, but you could've got one with an aluminum case for around the same price.

Does it have QMK programmability, or just dip switches in the back?

WHO DID THIS

he does
i do to
increases acuracy

People get grossed out by this but this is the reality with any cat or dog in the same general vicinity as the keyboard

someone got global ban, eternally fuged

I think he just deleted his post

why would he, it was an innocuous post

>he doesn't take his caps off to save weight so he can type faster
youtube.com/watch?v=5D2iH8AdiTc&t

He realized it was bait and deleted his post

I believe that user was talking about a "blue board" as in "safe for work"

yes but his interpretation was also correct, my phrase was misleading