*scrolls once in xfce*

*scrolls once in xfce*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wH0NFSzXdxc
youtube.com/watch?v=dMfen_wicEA
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting
askubuntu.com/a/796808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that SWAT 4? Might be FEAR instead, but reminds me of A-Bomb in SWAT 4.

Only thing I dislike about xfce, any fix?

I had this issue. "TearFree" "True" in xorg fixed it for me.

I think it's from Prey, the original Prey, not the remake

google Compton compositor

>muh xfce
>shows a gayme running on Windows
wut did xe mean by this

Yeah, Prey.

youtube.com/watch?v=wH0NFSzXdxc

begins @3:31

>I think it's from Prey, the original Prey, not the remake
youtube.com/watch?v=dMfen_wicEA

This thing happens to me in mpv, but had no clue what it was called to actually search and fix it. Help a brainlet out.

Screen tearing.

Dammit. I knew the lighting and shadows was id Tech 4 aka Doom 3 engine because I play a lot of The Dark Mod, but that toilet reminded me of Swat 4.
Oh well, close enough

>can't properly configure his system
>blames random package
go back to Sup Forums

never happens to me on my arch/xfce box.

sort yourself out.

If you have Nvidia with proprietary drivers you can add:

Option "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 {ForceCompositionPipeline=On, ForceFullCompositionPipeline=On}"

to your Xorg.conf

You can also get to this in nvidia-settings through the advanced menu for your screen.
Source:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA/Troubleshooting

>sudo apt install compton
Set to autostart:
>compton --backend glx --paint-on-overlay --vsync opengl-swc
Reboot

That is not how you fix screen tearing in xfce, stop telling people it is.

>system require configuring to fix this problem

Great example of why linux is ready for the desktop.
MacOS and wangblows dont have this problem.

isn't*

>windows doesn't need to install a fuckload of drivers for basic shit like mice and wifi before becoming remotely usable
Like I said, back to Sup Forums with your prebuilt computer and your preinstalled winshit faggot.

Two choices

>Configure everything you want just how you want it and needn't worry past that

>Unconfigure endless shit you don't want from an OS where the best thing you can say about it is: Just disable all the new features they added.

>windows doesn't need to install a fuckload of drivers for basic shit like mice and wifi before becoming remotely usable

Actually yeah this is very true, Windows generally doesn't need to do this, though it can occasionally be a problem.

However, Linux does suffer from this problem quite often. Debian doesn't even come packaged with proprietary drivers so you have to download them separately, sometimes during install to get shit to work.

I use fedora 27 at work and there isn't even a driver for the wifi card that is built into my mother board. Also the drivers that control sleep, hibernate so my computer freezes if it sleeps. No fix.

Also I hate wangblows

propriety nvidia drivers

Im using cinnamon and i notice terrible screen tearing with nvidia drivers. What de doesnt have this problem and also has an arc-osx theme?

>Unconfigure endless shit you don't want from an OS where the best thing you can say about it is: Just disable all the new features they added

Normies don't care about this.

>Configure everything you want just how you want it and needn't worry past that

Normies can't do this/don't care.

This is why linux is not success in the desktop market yet. Y'all are out of touch

Rpm fusion

For what? Fixing my wifi driver problem and hibernation/sleep problems? The drivers for linux simply don't exist yet and they might never be written.

Besides, its all intel hardware and the drivers are shipped in fedoras base repo, they are just not specific to my hardware and only partially work

Enable the compositor. Enable vsync.

install dwm

What about other distros?

I love how fixing screen tearing is such a simple fix but my question is how come the "fix" isn't a default thing?

> linuxfags need a workaround for this
Shit like this is exactly why Linux sucks and will never be competent as a desktop solution.

Linux is a kernel.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Linux is also a colloquialism for operating systems that use the aforementioned kernel. Quit playing dumb, we both know you know it's true.

compton

I don't have this problem with Intel drivers enabling tearfree.

askubuntu.com/a/796808
fixed it for me

If you have an Intel GPU you can just add a few lines to xorg.conf to get rid of screen tearing for good.

>he doesn't know how to use compton

>le epic playing dumb maymay xD
The kernel also has issues that makes it unfit for desktop, for example, the issues with interactivity under high I/O load.

enable vsync faggot

This could as easily be *scroll in any non-Apple OS ever*

This is one of the biggest problems on Linux. It has two graphics servers that manage to be crappy. One is ancient and still has issues like these that always need to be fixed. I have to use override software rendering on anything similar to Chromium because no matter the distro it will never detect my hardware properly and it's not exactly that weird (an i5 4460 and a 280x, how difficult can it be to support in 2017). The other one doesn't even support custom resolutions, you have to do some fuckery to use just 1 on the primary display. Everyone says Wayland is great but Gnome 3 still manages to be slow garbage, it's quite hilarious.

>thinking that solves browser scrolling
Unfortunately it's not a fix system wide. If some piece of software you use doesn't want to do it, it won't. At least compton works.

Wayland is a protocol, not a display server

use Compiz
Compton is slow and laggy

Yep. Dragging windows on Compton is a fucking slow mess.

This except I named the file 20-radeon.conf since I use AMD.

Plan 9 fixes this problem.

this is the correct answer. AMD peasants enjoy spending hours setting up shit like compton that doesn't work well and wastes more resources.

For intel iGPU i used the tear free option in Xorg.conf. For Nvidia I enabled full composition pipeline.
That resolved screen tearing for me.

it drops performance massively for me, even on a 1070. Or the 1070 might itself be the problem since support is shit

last fucking time:
COMPTON
IS
SHIT
stop recommending it

>chris the little faggot so proud of his new riced system that he need to plaster his shitty screenshot everywhere
kys my man

man, i was trying to fix this for the last 20 mins or so. thanks user.

odd I didn't have that problem with 980 and 1080Ti, are you using it with Compton?

I've tried compton multiple times and it runs like absolute shit
I've stopped using it and just use the full comp pipeline but still the drop in performance is really noticeable. I really don't get it, linux works better on my ancient laptop than it does on my desktop pc that has a 2500k and a 1070

Install XFWM 4.13

not proud. smug