Crt monitors

Where can i get a decent sized one? are there any companies out there that still make them?
i just recently got a 15 inch one somewhere but its not really big enough for my liking.

>are there any companies out there that still make them?
no, we've been completely abandoned (except for maybe like 1 or 2 companies making super-shitty crt tvs for india or something)

so how hard is it to find a good crt monitor? mine runs 105hz at 1024x768 and the colors arent to good. id like to get one with better video bandwidth

enjoy your eye cancer

Decides

Daylight reflecting off buildings will give you more!

>the amount of radiation escaping the front of the monitor is widely considered not to be harmful
hmm
its almost like you didnt even read your own image

it isn't harmful you fucking nigger

I feel like most 4chaners look at their computer screens longer so have an actual risk to damage their eyes. Unlike normal people that don't have much of a risk because they don't spend a lot of tome on them.

Time*

depends on your fonts
and this applies to normal people as well

LCDs and OLEDs have completely surpassed them.
Analog is dead.

well i like how with crt monitors can natively support any resolution and have no latency

It does apply to normal people too just not as much as someone that uses their computer more often. And what does font have anything to do with it. I can see how font size could but I don't know how font would change anything.

>horrible looking fonts cause eye cancer
it was a joke my fellow autist

CRTs are way to giant to support high resolutions.
OLED technology also has no latency.

well i still like the look of it, and when i play touhou it is actually in the right resolution and not just downscaled with blended pixels.
also how much would a 1080p 144hz oled monitor cost anyways?

>crt monitors can natively support any resolution
No they don't.

OLED will never come to PC monitors due to unfixable issues.
Micro-LED will but that is 10 years away.

Just hope you'll come across one online on ebay or similar. I was looking for a 19" CRT for years after behing foolish and selling my old one.

OLED has issues like burn-in, but it's fixable in the ling run.

If you want a CRT these days only 21-22" are worth picking.

Burn-in but also short lifespan and IQ degradation.

well ive heard that the electron gun can just be adjusted and it would be like it has the exact amount of pixels of the actual resolution you want, as long as the screen is big enough for it

>And what does font have anything to do with it. I can see how font size could but I don't know how font would change anything.
come on man
you either watch vidya or read text which can strain your eyes for whatever reason

Go to thrift stores and just hope that you can find one

>well i like how with crt monitors can natively support any resolution and have no latency
As someone who's old and had many CRT monitors in my time I'm glad they are dead.

I don't get why people are suddenly all about them CRT monitors. Perhaps they would support "any resolution" given a lot of progress in that area but the reality is that they had very low resolutions compared to today's standards. 1024x768 is a joke compared to 4k. And they were gigantic in physical size yet their visible area was pathetic, I'll take a 27" 4k flat panel over a 14" 1024x768 any day. Colors on them were'nt that good either.

And the power usage... My last CRT monitor used something like 180W, don't remember exactly but it was many times more than your average flat panel.

CRT's did come a long way from my first 4 color CGA monitor, but they never got anywhere near as good as todays flat panels.

I don't miss CRTs, not even a little, and if I never have to look at one again then that's great.

Up to at least a couple years ago there were some manufacturers still producing CRT televisions for the 3rd world. Mainly because they bought up all the old CRT manufacturing equipment so it was cheap to produce. I don't know if they still are or not. I never heard of anyone producing new CRT monitors, though.

But seriously, just get yourself a PVM or something for retro gaming and you're good. An OLED monitor will outperform a CRT monitor for any task.