What does Sup Forums think of Chromium?

What does Sup Forums think of Chromium?

Other urls found in this thread:

iridiumbrowser.de/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better than chrome, worst than FF

literally never tried it

Just chome, is opensource but addes all the closed source spyware back with blobs.

Get ungoogled-google-chrome if you like how it works

isn't chrome better because it's more secure with all the new patches promptly installed?

using it for 3 years, best browser out there. uses at least 1gb less ram than firefox, loads and refreshes pages 1-2 seconds faster

firefox uses a lot of ram and cpu for me, burning through my battery, but I've been using firefox more and more because of botnet

you probably don't even know what "botnet" means

Still my to-go browser, nothing is cleaner and faster yet. Bit of a memory hog, but hey, RAM is there to be used.
That project was abandoned a long time ago, plus that's not even how it's called. You've obviously never even used it.

it means your mom eats my fuckin dick

owned

i only use it for youtube and gmail

Just use the new Firefox. Much better than the old ones. Firefox 57 > Chrome > Old Firefox.

Depreciated reddit shit.
This is a Firefox board now, big boy

>>>>>

chromium is deprecated and has a lot of security flaws

Please elaborate

Dedicated sandboxed flash player.

Nope. Not by a long shot.

Used it for a long time but them it started to fuck up. Still my favourite though

fpbp

Notice how the meme kiddos have failed to answer this simple question? That should tell you everything you want to know.

Chromium is ok, at least better than firefox. I use brave tho.

I thought Chromium dropped Flash suport?

iridiumbrowser.de/
The only version of it worth using.

what? it's a fact that google chrome is more up to date

botnet.

Nah, it just doesn't ship with it.
pepperflashplugin-nonfree is the package name on debian based systems, and there are various ways to use the PPAPI plugin on windows.

It's okay google

No, Google Chrome is based on Chromium, which is mostly pre-alpha version of Google Chrome with some "features" missing.

Switched from Webkit Nightly to Chromium many years ago, would say it is an excellent drop-in replacement for Chrome (sans h264 support, and a built in updater). However there is still some data sent back to Google (telemetry for improvement, much like Firefox Nightly). I switched to Firefox around 2016, and haven't looked back since.

Worse than Iridium and Firefox.

better flash performance than firefox

lacks firefox's customizability though, so can't make it more private. which is why I prefer firefox for non-flash browsing (96% of my browsing)

Useless piece of shit because I can't watch youtube or hooktube or any video because of no h264 support.

I prefer Vivaldi.

google will patch its shit

I think that's the key point

You can watch YouTube videos, retard.

So does Chromium, so what's the issue here?

ungoogled-chromium is updated up to v62.

I like ungoogled-chromium, but since FF Nightly v57, the performance got similar enough that I can use other criteria to choose my browser. I've been using Nightly since then.

google doesn't give a fuck about Chromium patching

Not too bad. I use it with Puppeter for automated headless browsing when Selenium isn't an option.

I guess I'm retarded then.

Well, you are. Works on my machine.

You can install the H264 support if your distro didn't fetch it already, which it should have.

Pretty noice

Ungoogled is cool. But I use Opera as well

Downloading a precompiled binary is a convoluted mess of a website. Seriously, there's multiple different version of stable available and they just expect you to compile from source

I'm using Opera. When firefox manages proper CPU throttling of background tabs I will switch.

>owned
Its been literally years since the last time i read that word