I installed Windows 10 on virtual machine and I think it might be even worse than 8...

I installed Windows 10 on virtual machine and I think it might be even worse than 8. Which is pretty big deal because 8 was one of the worst operating systems I have used. Those are my observations in chronological order

>installation is quick and easy
>taskbar and menu start is filled with unnecessary stuff, first thing I did was to remove all those flashy tiles
>I noticed that I have some app for xbox, I decided to remove it. It seems that it is impossible without tinkering with powershell. What is this, smartphone? I can't remove bloatware?
>Windows explorer starts with quick access instead of "this pc". If you want direct access to c drive or to map a drive you have to do one additional click.
>it's impossible to create shortcuts on desktop to control panel, command prompt or regedit without typing manually the path. I can't just drag and drop icon from menu start.
>default image preview app is terrible, view is obscured by menus, if image is set to regular size you can't move to other file. The only plus is that animated gifs now work.
>paint is slow, does not have menu toolbar, they added unnecessary 3d objects but no layers. When I'm saving image I can't choose directory, I have to use export option.
beside that

It's been one day so far. I have completely omitted the whole privacy thing, I was not able to test it yet. Microsoft seems to have completely ignored all the feedback, they knew that Metro UI is a disaster but they kept tiles, ugly font and the whole "app" philosophy. Oh, and about the last thing, pic related is my screenshot. I have no words for it, you be the judge.

What do I do now? I can't stick to Windows 7 forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

actrons.info/ame.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>first thing I did was to remove all those flashy tiles
congraulations, you configured your own computer
>it's impossible to create shortcuts on desktop to control panel, command prompt or regedit without typing manually the path. I can't just drag and drop icon from menu start.
drag them from actual control panel you mong
>What is this, smartphone?
>Windows explorer
>default image preview app
>paint is slow
dismissed. Install proper programs of your choice

>What do I do now? I can't stick to Windows 7 forever.

Install some distro with xfce (personally I recommend antregos - it works out of the box and has AUR which is great). Xfce is lightweight, easy to learn and is a bit similar to old windows looks. Use dualboot/virtual box if you have.

If you will have any questions come to friendly Linux general or stupid questions thread.

I actually use Debian+Cinnamon right now on my laptop. I have tested Xfce few times and I think I will make switch. However, despite that, I still prefer to do some work on Windows. When it comes to images and video editing Linux is still way behind.

Thanks for the reply user, I will check Antregos.

>Windows explorer starts with quick access instead of "this pc". If you want direct access to c drive or to map a drive you have to do one additional click.

You can change this in Explorer settings so you get This Pc instead

Thanks for the tip. I just changed it.

>When it comes to images and video editing Linux is still way behind.

Kdenlive has majority of the features that Premier has, and has a very similar UI. I think your video statement is wrong, or you want specifically Premier and are not willing to learn a few minor difference between editors.

As for your photo editing statement, depending on what you're doing, it is or it is not. If you're making an e-book cover, GIMP is fine. If it's something else specific to print hues, maybe Photoshop might be better, but I can't say. My clients are happy with what I do in GIMP, but then again, I know it very, very well, inside and out.

Thank me later:

actrons.info/ame.html

>thanked for linking to a further botnetted version of an already botnet OS
I don't think so mate

Powershell -> delete all apps
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

windows isn't really worth it anymore its pretty much more hassle than linux at this point. im still on it myself but had fedora installed dual booting and it got borked on a windows update. next pc I build will never have windows touch it.

My Computer
%windir%\explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

I use nomacs to view images.
and don't use the paint app - just use normal mspaint
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe"

I haven't used Kdenlive, I will check it out. I only used OpenShot. It was ok for a free and open source program but it kept crashing constantly. But as for GIMP nothing will ever convince me to use it. I have too deep hatred for that program and it's user interface, but that's completely different topic.
Looks nice, but does not seem to be safe.
It works, but my point was that Microsoft force me to use console instead of doing it regular way

>hassle
Funnily enough, the reason I use windows on the Desktop is because every linux distro I've tried besides -buntu ones shit themselves instantly on the hardware for whatever reason.

maybe you should install linux if you don't wanna use the console...

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I had no idea they left it.

I just dual boot Win 7 and Xubuntu.

get LTSB + a kms emulator, it's free of almost all the bloat you just mentioned

Where do people get unmolested ISOs nowadays that digitalriver doesn't exist?

I had a similar experience, OP. Windows 10 is slow as fuck in a Virtual Machine.

But on a bare metal SSD system with new Intel processor its the best OS out there. Its lighting fast, and I get basically next to zero CPU utilization on my i7 laptop, and the fan isn't even on 99% of the time.