You can laugh at it. You can hate it. Glorify or vilify it...

You can laugh at it. You can hate it. Glorify or vilify it. The only thing you can't do is ignore it; because it changes things. It pushes computing forward and it has no patience for the poor of taste or wealth.

You can find a better screen. You can find a better GPU. You can find a better CPU. But you will never find a better finished product, a better whole, a better finished product: than the 2016 MacBook Pro 15" with TouchBar

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-NVIDIA-GeForce-graphics/dp/B0163GNS5S
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

root

Yes Sup Forums wouldn't exist if everyone could afford a MacBook.

No but Lenovo and HP are closing the gap on quality design faster than Apple is moving

I disagree.

I am tired of Chinkpad generals everyday.

Agreed. Its a good laptop. Too bad the internals aren't great and it's overpriced for what you get. But this applies to all laptops. They are Shit.

But still this mac is good.

It was true until snow leopard and the aluminium MacBook pro.
Then it went downwards with bloated flashy OS crippled with bugs and a closed wallet garden ""app"".
Tell me what "pro" use has the touch bar, its a consumer gimmick at most

Lenovo hasn't been good since 2012, HP is worse than Dell.

They'll throw aluminum shells over the same half assed attempts, then they'll wonder why Apple is the only manufacturer consistently growing. It's because Apple is actually building an experience, HP builds clones of said experiences.

The old Lenovo did this as well, but not since 2012 have they

2016 ThrottleBook Pro 15" with fizzy pop and exploding battery inside. The most complete failure ever.

>You can laugh at it.
That's what I'm doing fucktard.

>waaaaah my Mac throttles to avoid overheating like PCs do
>waaaaah my Mac is too hot on my leeeeeegs

You don't know what you want, so you cry for help that's not coming

>throttles to avoid overheating like PCs do
Is this homosexual for real? PCs, and even total garbage like Acer, completely avoids this problem by, guess what, not overheating in the first place. Maybe if Apple spend money on engineering instead of animated emojis they'd achieve that as well.

>throttles to avoid overheating like PCs do
Maybe if it had better thermal management it wouldn't have this problem.
That's what he and many other anons are talking about here.

Show me an Acer that lasts 10 years
-Sent From My 2008 MacBook

Running the fans at 100% until they fail 3 years later isn't thermal management.

>2018
>still thinking excessive consumption is a status symbol
what are you, a boomer?

>2008 MBP
you mean the one that had a GPU that would kill itself so often, that Apple got sued class action over, and lost?

too bad I can only run nonfree shitware macOS (or vindoos) on it. otherwise ya, it probably would be the best laptop.

the only usable alternative for windows notebooks are thinkpads because the trackpoint is the only built-in input method that can compete with mac's trackpad. Unfortunately new ThinkPads cost as much as a macbook (in EU), with much, much worse 16:9 screen, horrible speakers, pretty much the same specs, worse integrated graphics and slower SSD, shorter battery life not to mention weak-ass support and quality control.

I'd love a windows notebook that's actually as good as a macbook, but upgradeable and with decent keyboard, but piece of shit windows OEM's can't make a decent product to save their lives.

>Sent From My 2008 MacBook
Wow, speaking of poorfags.
>Running the fans at 100% until they fail 3 years later isn't thermal management.
And running CPU at 90C until it starts screaming in agony(and your legs as well because muh metal) is thermal management?

I had that happen to me, but it was a 2010 MBP

there's multiple models of MBPs with failing GPUs, the 2007/2008 models were far more widespread though

Fake news.

Honestly does creaky plastic just feel better to you guys or?

It may be a "better finished product" in regards to it's pretty packaging, but what lies underneath that is what makes everyone laugh. It's a perfect example of form over function and it's doomed to fail because of it. It overheats, the keyboard breaks too easily, the ports restrict users by a massive pay-wall of adapters, macOS is still shit on laptops because of its poor power management, and so on.

It's just not worth that "whole product" status

My legs and wrists certainly feel better :^)

I've been looking for a lightweight laptop, and the 13" MacBook Pro caught my eye.
It's $1200, but that's not much more than the competition in this sector (13" or smaller, 3 pounds or lighter, 1080p+ resolution, 4GB+ RAM, dual-core 2Ghz+ processor).

It's going to be a work laptop, so I don't need a fancy graphics card, I specifically want a non-touch screen, and it should have decent battery life.

Can Sup Forums name something else?

a lot of fucking laptops had this happen because no one was properly mounting these 100C+ GPUs that would rapidly cool down.

in that same year when i was doing laptop repair, a lot of HP and Toshiba laptops had this very same problem.

Show me another 15" Retina grade laptop with a GPU and 16GB RAM with 10 hour battery life.

Fat fucking chance.

T470

The 12.5" New MacBook is like $850 on eBay if you get the first or second gen

explain the 2011 MBPs that apple also got sued over, then

I sure started laughing when I read Mac, damn near closed the browser but the thread was good for a morning laugh, thanks bubs.

same problem?

high heat build up and thermal expansion
rapid cooling with thermal contraction breaking the BGA socket.
it's not exactly an easy problem to solve.

in all honesty, just don't buy a laptop with a gpu like some dipshit and you'll be fine.

I buy computers based on their computing power, not their looks. Throttling my CPU for the sake of a 1/4" of thickness and removing my connectivity options, doesn't constitute an advancement, I'm sorry.

>T470
Too big, too heavy.

Yeah, the new MacBook has a phone processor in it.

consider getting a used 2016 model, you can easily shave $400ish off the price tag and literally the only difference is skylake vs kaby lake

>I buy a laptop to do things a desktop can do 1000x better.
>I'm too brainlet to properly delegate tasks to my desktop from my laptop

I had iMacs in mind when I wrote this.Should have specified

It moves nothing forward. Easy to ignore. Touchbar gimic, Apple logo those are the only notable time about it Also, there are already qc problems with them, requiring keyboard replacements. This is something nobody should buy, even a macfag.

there isn't any.

maybe a Dell XPS 13.
Dell at least stands by their products.
but the Dell XPS 13 is also really shoddy laptop compared to a macbook. the only plus of the XPS 13 is at least you can run free software without any nonfree kernel modules.

I checked the Apple refurbished site, and they have used 2017 models for $200 off.
I'm wary of buying computers from eBay, especially a laptop that I know has probably been abused.

Maybe if it was local and I could inspect it first.

The XPS 13 does look nice and it's one of the first ones I started looking at.
Dell displays are the best around, it's lighter than the MBP, and has a better processor.
It starts at $900, and becomes $1300 if you upgrade the display from 1080p to 3200x1800.

What fucking bizarro world and I am living in where Apple products are the cheaper option?

1.37 KG vs 1.66 KG

the dell display is not better.
it's a shitty sharp panel with garbage firmware.

google CABC. only the QHD one has a firmware fix on the newest XPS 13 and you need to install windows at least once in order to flash the firmware to fix it.

>finished product
what am i suppose to do when im bored
improve my life
screw this i rather rice for 2 hours

Apple refurbished is a new laptop. even has their warranty and you can get Apple Care on it.

>zero key travel

>Throttle
>No touchscreen
>Bezels as big as your mom's ass
>Shit battery life considering hardware on board
>Needs $2800 setup to have a discrete GPU, that is as powerful as a $700 computer with a Ryzen iGPU

Steve Jobs was the last breath of the company.

fpbp

OwO what's this?
amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-NVIDIA-GeForce-graphics/dp/B0163GNS5S

A tablet.

Then filter tpg?

What I want is some company to take that screen and slap it along with a core m chip, replaceable RAM/SSD, thinkpad keyboard, and a 100Wh battery in a laptop with decent ports and build quality.

You can use loonies on a mac, they are quite well supported.

Dumb leafposter.

He's not wrong though, the firmware lets you install whatever the fuck you want.

>an image of text
Eat shit

You're missing the point.
>loonies

Oh no, he didn't call it GAHNOO/Linux

sorry I don't save all my indian textile board memes on a notepad and convert them to ascii when I want to say something

>It pushes computing forward

Computing is more than your faggy steve jobs religion. Apple doesn't innovate anything in computing. they just make stuff for consumerist normies.

This is why text clippings are so great
>select text
>dragon drop to desktop
>it's saved

i'd prefer my desktop doesn't look like a ripped quilt

If only there was a way to move a file from one directory to another

>Aapel iz da besd

Which version of macOS are you running?

I'm a giant macfag but that's a shitty trolling attempt. Of course you'll find a better CPU and GPU you dumb fuck.

Not him but I've got El Capitan on my 2008 iMac. I could upgrade to OS X Sierra but I need to swap my Bluetooth card first.

Chinese will ultimately win.
It is only a matter of time.

if only I wasn't a Sup Forumsirgin that obsesses about the way someone presents a point

Fine, keep posting screenshots of text, I'll keep shitting on you for doing it.

>You can use loonies on a mac, they are quite well supported.
My early-2011 15" MBP is cucked. Refuses to recognise a liveUSB, let alone installing from one.

pretty much this.

don't game on them or shit like that and they'll be fine. this isn't specifically a mbp probably, it's a laptop problem

weird, which model? i had one from early 2011 with discrete graphics.
mine just didn't like the dual graphics but that was an ez fix

You have never used one, have you?

What's wrong with loonies? I quite like that nickname.

When we getting 4k laptops from the middle kingdom?

Salty as fuck.

I have the one with HD 6490M.

the whole point of apple products is to buy them and not even care because that's how you'll be seen cool and edgy.

fixed in under 24 hours.

can you say that about any other company? kek faggot

>t. mactoddler

Came here to post this

Well. I got a 3K tablet from China that mounts into a keyboard.
Might be dumb as a brick, computing power-wise, but its only a matter of time till they get best of both worlds.

>t. Winfaggot

10.13.2 is around the corner and all these issues will be resolved, idiot.

this picture actually represent you, boy.
this is an apple-related thread.

fucking kek.

MacBooks sell for 50pc of value 5 years later
Meanwhile you have to throw your Acer in the trash.
Who's the idiot Boomer here?

who the fuck would want one? osx can barely scale correctly and it isnt perfect, linux and windows manage to be completely garbage

i actually bought a retina macbook and after an hour realized it was a terrible mistake because virtual machine and RDP and even most shit in a web browser looked like garbage. i put it right back on ebay and ended up losing a couple hundred dollars on the deal, but it was worth it considering it physically made my eyes hurt looking at fuzzy scaled garbage

/thread

>goalpost

I put sage on my pasta

Why can't people get alone, Sup Forums? I own a 2015 Macbook Pro, a Pixel XLa Samsung refrigerator, a Sony TV and a Nikon camera. The perfect product does not exist, nor the perfect company. Buy what you like the most and fuck anyone who feels entitled to fuck you over your decision.

>kek in 2018
>>Sup Forums

Nice reply. You really showed him

>2018

>But you will never find a better finished product, a better whole, a better finished product: than the 2016 MacBook Pro 15" with TouchBar
That must be why all the professional users returned theirs.

>enters a thread about a product he hates
>posts that image

Tell me this is all ironically