/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/gfaguy.flac
youtube.com/watch?v=vD1yAEWpzeQ
periaptcables.com/collections/all
en-us.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/4640/HD600_Manual_11_2016.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the second best headphone behind the MA900?

I don't understand this autism. Don't you have better things to do?

Where do you think we are?

it takes literally no effort
have a (You)

Oppo PM-3

:)

You won't be missed.

Fuck Sennheiser's proprietary lock connectors for detachable cables. I can't find them anywhere in retail.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Late and incorrect again, user? Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Which are poorly sealed MA900s, btw

let's see that pic + timestamp

>This place is fucked now friendo. Nothing but schizos and shitposters. It's best to just reply to normal people who seem genuine, or need help. Iff we ignore the obvious trash, this place might become somewhat decent again.

From the last thread.

How are you enjoying your first day on Sup Forums?

>This place is fucked now friendo
It's not fucked, it's got its own culture. Think about that for a second.
>this place might become somewhat decent again.
if you think this place is trash then just leave

>Decent again
You have to be, like, really old, my dude

Oldfag here, headphone threads were decent before /hpg/ existed but it was mostly dicussions about PortaPros and MDR-V6s. When /hpg/ became a regular thing, people started buying better gear and more shitposting occured, not to mention we got some misfits from other headphone communities.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

You forgot dt770 which used to be considered great headphones before /hpg/ happened.
Really makes you think by the way, I always wonder if there will be a time when Sup Forums will call Sennheiser headphones nobass, nosoundstage shit phones, just like people call beyers treble ear rapes.

How much of a different do velour pads make on the 668b's (asking for friend, he still uses the stock pads)?

Also;
>Budget
£50
>Location
UK
>Source
PC/Laptop
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
High, or willing to buy cheap pads
>Sound signature
Flat
>Past headphones
Brainwavz HM5. They broke, so gonna sell the warranty replacement.

Looking for something that won't break, mainly (nearly) all metal headband, because that's where they usual break (at the cup holders)

Got it in one. Someday, we'll move on from the constant HD600 and MA900 posting and move on to ANOTHER flavor of the month. In the meantime, there's a handful of us that will legit try to hook people up with what sounds like their most ideal options. In the face of shitposting and ego wanking, we persevere.

There will come a reckoning, but not for some time.

Idol trash, why do you always post your setup if nothing ever changes? Is it the comfort of familiarity? Do you have nowhere else to go? Still, I hope that you're still enjoying the ol' setup.

>Someday, we'll move on from the constant HD600 and MA900 posting and move on to ANOTHER flavor of the month.
its nothing new and it's not going anywhere. it's well known that the hd600, ma900, th-x00 are all budget kings for their respective categories (tonality, soundstage, bass)

I last visited a little less than two years ago and it was HD600 vs K702 every single damn thread with some occasional 400i and zero MA900.

HD600 is like the zombie of headphones it will go on and on.

It's my way of saying hi, so that people who want to tell me anything can just (you) me.
And I do update my setup and/or take new pics once in a while. I have a few in the pipeline, but haven't gotten around editing them.
I'm currently tracking MSR7 (will get if sale) and LCD-2c (will get if at least as good as the old version of LCD-2).

>I'm currently tracking MSR7 (will get if sale) and LCD-2c (will get if at least as good as the old version of LCD-2).
your mistake is waiting. you could buy the preorder lcd-2c and resell for the same value you purchased at if you dislike them

Word, keep doing you, brah.

Nothing lasts forever...

I'm a brainlet. What's the difference between DAC/AMP and DAC+AMP? Why do I want one over the other or both?

just to be sure, you are aware that the preorder lcd-2c is $599 and the official msrp is going to be $800, right? if you wait to buy you're potentially losing $200 when you go to resell if you dislike. it's a safer bet to buy one now during the preorder bet because you won't risk losing money.

If you just want a cover-all, you get a unit that's both a combined DAC and amp. If you have more specific requirements of each component, or just want particular hardware, you can buy them separately and mix-n-match. Simple as that.

Do they have an eurofag shop for that?

>Do they have an eurofag shop for that?
shop for what? you would just sell on /r/avexchange or headfi classifieds or even ebay. euroshit retains their value on the market better because there is less of it

What the fuck does this comment even mean? This place was decent only a year ago. And I mean decent, not good.

im not going to tell you to go back to plebbit because I cant make you, but can you please assimilate to Sup Forums culture already and stop reddit spacing? its obnoxious to look at

/hpg/ was never "decent"

I mean to preorder, rather than the murika shop.
They're expensive enough to be an issue in customs.

>It's not fucked, it's got its own culture. Think about that for a second.

wow u rely made me fink

>if you think this place is trash then just leave

I don't come here often anymore for this very reason. But when I'm bored I will now and then, because I don't go elsewhere for audio discussion. The bottom line is that this place was somewhat decent before plebspotter, 'no headphone' accusations, post a time stamp, what is the best headphone behind the 600 etc etc. I come here like 1-2 nights a week and it's the same stupid shit every single time. I want to see genuine headphone discussion. The sad thing is that it's not even meming like you see on Sup Forums. These 5 or so people are serious or at least dedicated to doing the same shit over and over. 1000% fucking autism.

Sorry that I triggered your autism, is there anything that you want to correct or add to my answer to ? Try to stay productive, please.

>I want to see genuine headphone discussion.
fuck off to /r/headphone, sbaf, or hydrogenaud.io and don't come back if a sterilized forum is what you want

A dac turns digital into analog. Your computer has one, if it has a headphone jack. You'll need one of these if your computer's DAC is flawed, such as my motherboard, where it's possible to hear what should be graphics.
An amp powers your headphones and adds some gain (extra volume) to the signal. This is necessary as some headphones can't be driven loud enough (not enough gain, which will make them too quiet, or not enough power, which'll make them distort as you increase the volume).
A decent, cheap dac/amp pair is uae23 + magni 3.

Is the FX Audio Dac-X6 DAC/AMP a meme?

yes, the best kind of meme

This is genuinely true. I don't understand how those one or two fags have the time to post "what is the best headphone behind" or the other copypasta in literally every single time. They must be NEETs on /hpg/ at literally all times, it's fucking sad.

I don't want to go to any of those places. Shit posting is one thing, 95% paranoia is another. Again, this place was decent a year ago. Suck my dick you cunt.

>being able to post once per day means you must be a NEET always on /hpg/

>once per day
>always within minutes of a new thread
You're a fucking NEET, don't deny it.

>I don't understand how those one or two fags have the time to post "what is the best headphone behind" or the other copypasta in literally every single time.
I too would be mad like you if my meme was hijacked

>once per day

Stay triggered you fat fucking autist lmao

Nah, I'm not the second best behind MA900 guy, but even then, he could be posting from work.

You've never held a job, have you? I can tell. Just stop the damage control and accept it.

>Not being able to shitpost from work
Also, there are two MA900 copypasta anons. Only one HD600 user, as far as I know

I post at work all the time. I can post on Sup Forums all I want because I'm "the computer guy" at the office and my boss is too cheap to hire a real IT guy, so I'm the IT guy with zero oversight.

I forgot literally everyone on Sup Forums was sysadmins. Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

he's a neet what now bucko

congrats on figuring that out, genius

what are you going to do about it?

>be NEET with $20 headphones
>still owns better headphones than ZMF shill

>Be on /hpg/
>Have no headphones

lmao truuu
>have job
>use it to buy kilobuck wipster garbage headphones
JUST

>posting from library
>claims he owns more expensive headphones than he actually does
>unironically admits hes a neet
I don't know what I expected

Idol trash here. Cloud solution architect.
I thought I was the only sysadmin type around? :X

I read it's really easy to mod these out of your heapdhones. Try looking for videos on youtube.

sennheiser fanboys make me laugh. does everyone forget that the hd600/650 used to cost upwards of $500? everything they sell is marked up like crazy. their hd800 used to be $1.5k. their amps are $2k. their cables are $300 and proprietary. sennheiser literally bends their customers over. fanboys of companies like that make me laugh the most.

Literally every audio company out there does the same shit. Being a fanboy of any one company is retarded.

I wouldn't recommend HD600 if it wasn't competitively priced. I don't care how it was priced twenty years go.
By the way, my.mixtape.moe/gfaguy.flac
藤澤慶昌_-_過ぎ去りし日々.flac

youtube.com/watch?v=vD1yAEWpzeQ

Tasteful.
Btw: In spanish, a kiki is a "quickie fix". So in the spanish version she is called Niki.
Random trivia.

This. I'm not even an anime fag but I love most of studio ghibli, including kikis delivery service.

Hello guys, I'm new to /hpg/.
I have a sennheiser hd598 and I use it with a fiio e10k, I've bought them some months ago after a lifetime of cheap headphones and I'm enjoying them very much.
Is it worth to save a bit for sometime to buy a sennheiser hd600 and better dac and amp?

The song I linked is from Love Live S2 OST, btw.
Everybody should watch Love Live. It's good fun for all the family.

I just downloaded it expecting ti to be a kikis delivery service song. It sounded nice though.

Yeah, suspected so. Most people who have heard about but not seen Love Live have have some sort of bias against idol stuff, which is a shame, because, idols or not, Love Live's pretty good.

e10k can power hd600

Who excited for their he-4xx ?

>he-4xx
muffled snapping in the distance

Barely, and not to their full potential

E10k has 2Vrms output.
Hd650/600 really need 3-4Vrms in my opinion. It's not about volume, but deep bass presence and instrument separation.

Ayy, ordered the HD 6XX too. Wonder how it'll compare to my K7XX

are you the user I was talking about yesterday about cables?

Thanks for the tip. Does it sound good with the hd600?
I've read good things about the e10k but while searching a lot of people tend to recommend a combo for the dac + amp.

Mhm

what a coincidence, I literally just purchased a red cable I found right before you posted.

periaptcables.com/collections/all

not the most premium looking but atleast they aren't bending you over pricewise

what is the best headphone, behind Apple Airpods ofcourse?

What are some good earbuds for under 150€?

What are some good earbuds for under 150€, behind Apple Airpods ofcourse?

Not bad prices, too bad I need 15-20 foot.

extension cable, hell it would be cheaper to get a second dac/amp like the x6

The day my my stock cable breaks, the day i'm free

I used to think like that, so did maki. "Eventually I'll just make one myself". nope, never happened. just give in and buy one. pay the cable jew and get it over with

Yea the only cables I've seen in that length are $120-190. Though they're using mogami quad Mic cable so it theoretically should manage 15-20 feet without distortion or turning into a mono feed.

it's cheaper and better to use a spdif or usb repeater with a dac/amp that you can plug into

en-us.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/4640/HD600_Manual_11_2016.pdf

Even 1vrms is more than enough.

If I had outlets near where I needed the headphones id probably do that.

However as it is I'll probably end up ponying up for the stupid cable.

power cable extender. don't pay the cable jew more than you need to

They have a sensitivity of 102dB/Vrms
The dB scale is logarithmic. For ~110-115 dB peaks you'll need 3-4Vrms

What anime?

Don't buy e10k for HD600.
Look into Magni 3 ($99) instead. Throw in a uae23 ($dirtcheap) if you also do need a DAC.

imouto sae ireba ii.

Much obliged user

Nice, so they only need 0.07 mW. Even a phone should power that. Thanks for the pic, user!

I honestly don't know what I was expecting.

I bet that konosuba figure is inflated by Z retards, it's in the thumbnail of a shit ton of his videos.