Why is "coding" hip?

Ever notice companies and schools trying to push "learning to code" to people? And it's always "coding", not "programming" for some reason.

The call it "coding" instead of "programming" because all the tards call programs "apps" now.

because programming isn't reserved for the autistic nerds club anymore. it's easier than ever now.

because it's hip

brainlets
das gut

because the generation that was supposed to automate the rest of the industry turned into neets and homos

>the rest of the industry

I mean what's left of manufacturing and whatnot.

Essentially we're skipping a generation in terms technological advance.

This one's too inadequate, with their smartphones, social networks, and video game consumerism.

There's a world out there.

Someone's gotta automate those robots that are gonna take everyone's jobs.

I think it's hilarious. Public schools, who struggle to teach even basic maths, are now trying to teach programming.

i hated when everything was prefixed with "i"
now it's IoT (internet of things)

The death of high-tech manufacturing is what killed the USA.

The sole reason China is heading straight down route 66 at 200mph to global superpower while the U.S stays behind driving their chevy spark at 75mph

China can go from idea to prototype to full scale production and global distribution within a year for a fraction of the cost while the USA a similar project would take a minimum year and a half to two years for 5x the cost.

"Coding" and trying to catch up by "offering" high tech services won't be in demand as manufacturing.

i know
its really sad

This triggers my autism so bad

programming is what the jews do to you through television
coding is cool hip way of talking to the machines

> the generation that was supposed to automate the rest of the industry
Progress has been amazing in the technological sense.

Inb4 some faggot could write a novel xxx or xx years ago about how everything could be automated soon. These aren't the people making realistic estimates or doing fuckall to actually progress automation.

Things are pretty damn fancy overall. All those technologies are lining up to make more automation actually pretty simple to do across vast fields and that's why more of it will happen.

People should to reason about computing. They should know parts of the machine. They should know what code, assembler, binary, an OS, a bootloader, an application, and a library are. They should understand the basics of computer security. They should learn about networking, the internet, and ISP's. They should know how we got to where we are, and where we're going in the world of computing.

Then, we can think about teaching them to code.

They want to make the labor cheaper. Outsourcing to pajeets has shown them to be too incompetent for serious tasks. The sponsors want to make programming a minimum wage affair and major software engineering just a matter of directing the script kiddies in the proper direction

Because programming jobs are going to be the only jobs left in the future, and if American children don't go into programming, the country is rightly fucked.

> flooding a singular market with an entire generation of people
Nothing could go wrong!

IoT software needs people to be smart enough to be able to write code, but dumb enough not to learn git or the ethics of what they're contributing to.

I remember back in high school we were forced to do a fucking field trip to an elementary school and teach them about how they should take computer science and become "epic programming haxxers".

It's because they will learn to code
but not learn how to program

I always think it's weird when CS people call themselves "engineers." They must think it sounds cool or something.

Because large tech companies (Google, Facebook, Amazon) want to increase the number of "coders" so that they can pay their existing programmers less

Two reasons. It depresses wages, especially for low-end, "blue-collar" workers. And it puts the burden of recruiting "talent" on taxpayers. Instead of funding expensive outreach programs to reach the budding computer whiz in Hicktown USA, tech firms just encourage taxpayers funnel as many kids into public colleges as possible (without the intent to hire them all), and skim the cream off the top for after the loans are due.

Aside: Notice how it's always "talent"? That's because talent is fungible, unlike individuals.

What's the most autistic field that involves computers?
I want to do Computer Engineering but don't want to end up working for a nu-company, at least not as "le programmer coder teehee".
Aerospace?
Enterprise computing?
Big data corps?
It's kind of comfy to know that millions of people's information about their habits, perversions, secrets, oddities about them are all in your hands.

>China is heading straight down

the shitter. Mass producing trinkets and enslaving piss poor countries into debt is not a viable long term economic plan.

As an actual engineer im glad some of them started calling themselves code artisans now

Something like 5% of women get CS degrees and I'm sure it's not more than a quarter of men

CS like wow computers

Electrical engineering probably. Computer engineering would probably fit the bill too but you've to make sure the department isn't combined with the computer science department.

programming should be reserved for nerds. it´s a anti-social job: you are writing code in a computer all-day, same that a generic secretary writing numbers in Excel.

>progress has been amazing

yeah

you went

>from GSM on a digital telephone to GSM on a computer acting like a telephone

>from temporary internet scheme to 9001x ways to circumvent said scheme because it hasn't been replaced yet

Blockchain aside, there have been no meaningful technological advancements in decades.

>The death of high-tech manufacturing

The tesla Factory make motherboards, batteries and tesla vehicles, Samsung is building a smartphone Factory in USA

If you include non automation related technological progress, the list is beyond fucking huge.

Indeed, you have a pretty powerful computer with far more telephony functions in a space and with better power consumption / cheaper than you were able to do a simple telephone with before...

>it's easier than ever now.
1v1 me Advent of Code Day 3 faggot

Really? What is this

>technological progress

you're talking about?

that's real great.

Now compare that to the massive infrastructure already built in Shenzhen and the mega city Guangzhou with six large ports within hours of each other without counting Hong Kong.

entire cities built for and dedicated to manufacturing with 45+million people

Fucking everything. Dozens of miniaturized cheap but precise sensors, toy grade quadcopters, smartphones and vacuum cleaners that are cheap as fuck.

Pretty serious processing power and storage for basically every device that requires it, running off a battery.

Tiny optical strands that can each transmit insane amounts of data per second. Huge bandwidths even over the air, even in your home with a WLAN AP.

LED that replaced many times less efficient glowing filament.

The biggest most efficient ships / planes ever to sail the seas / fly through the air, delivering cargo everywhere.

More efficient than ever wood pellet heatings in your house, best insulated glass windows, best insulated lowest energy houses, ... [you know how long mankind has built houses now? and how long we tried to heat them?]

And so on and so forth. Even the number of steels and plastics and things increased and they became more useful.

>putting computers in cameras/microphones/sensors
>putting computers in RC planes
>putting GSM in computers
>putting computers in house appliance
>more circuits in a CPU
>using a better transmission medium
>literally the radio which has been around since mid 19th century
>pointing currents at LED instead of copper/whatever metal is in a lightbulb
>incrementing transportation systems
>heating fuel really?

All of those are tiny increments of existing technology.

I'm talking advancement. Progress.

All of which need to be terribly much better than 20 years ago to do what they do now.

> pointing currents at LED instead of copper/whatever metal is in a lightbulb
The advancement is the LED, not the current. Try go make an efficient LED yourself, I'll even allow you to use instructions (as in, you don't need to invent the LED too, making things tremendously easier). I don't think you can do it, even if you might be able to make a +- efficient light bulb.

> literally the radio which has been around since mid 19th century
Nope. The signal coding along is so vastly different the 19th century people probably wouldn't get it in years even if they had a few sessions of your smartphone fetching its updates and ads from some botnet printed out in paper. They didn't KNOW 1/4 of the good tricks in software and probably less than 1/2 in hardware either.

> I'm talking advancement. Progress.
Is virtually always increments.
You actually live in a time where these increments are IMMENSELY fast as compared to basically all of recorded history (and also more of most of unrecorded history in all likelihood).

Your problem is more likely than not that you expect magical steps with celebration because some writer faggots infected you with fantasies of how "real breakthroughs" happen, which must be something like a faggot artist Leonardo da Vinci or such drawing or writing about wings, CLEARLY inventing flight in one genius move despite them not working for shit...

>advancement is virtually always increments

Doubt it. Commercial use of techno advancement is in increments.

But actual advancement comes from a major shift in mindset.

> But actual advancement comes from a major shift in mindset.
No, that's almost entirely the social science (/ marketing / big boss / ...) bullshit to claim credit for what engineers, scientists and people with duct tape and drills figured out how to actually do.

Not that we didn't manage to fuck and unfuck societies with "shifts in mindsets", but technology? Not really, no. Improvements over slightly bigger or smaller steps, mostly.

Tesla didn't improve on someone's ideas, he came to an abstract mindset on his own.

Same goes for Ford.
For Manhattan project people.
For whoever invented the wheel.

Why not? If they suck the wealth out of other countries, they can do whatever they want globally

Whomever.

people who drive should be able to change a tire, change their oil and put gas in the tank but most idiots could not accomplish 2 of the things in that list.

>changing a tire
Is really hard.

Proposal to make YouTube video stating cs is a meme degree and use it as propaganda to discourage normies out of the tech field? (Using all reasonings from this board and more)

god yes, please

they're trying to flood the market to bring down wages and make things worse for programmers

>changing a tire
>Is really hard.
Don't people usually change wheels despite calling them "tires"? Changing a wheel is easy.

>Tesla didn't improve on someone's ideas, he came to an abstract mindset on his own.
He did an impressive amount of tinkering, but little of it was profoundly new.

> For Manhattan project people.
If you want your cynical wording, they only made existing, known, obvious fissible and fusible materials a bit more pure, and then exploded them with explosives.

And the sales pitch to get this project going was scientists saying that bombs were probably achievable in "the immediate future" and that Germany might have stopped exporting uranium from conquered Czechoslovakia to prepare for using it.

That's the "idea" part. Letter and one of many scientists. Could also have been some student 5 years later once the science on this spread. Ideas are cheap.

The Manhattan project to pay for those little gradual improvements, that turned out to be the somewhat harder thing.

> For whoever invented the wheel.
Probably not, but we don't know. I'm going with someone slipped on round rocks, bones, wood [...] and figured that would make it easy to push heavy objects like larger trees around.

Rolling cylinder first, axle and fixed carriage as improvement later.

But we don't know.

It's not that the schools are struggling to teach it, it's that a certain portion of the students struggle to learn it. And that's because they're spics and niggers. I really wonder how long this liberal charade will go on.

Ultimately it's a fucking pointless venture since Sally and Fred will never get a job because they want a clean comfy office, holiday leave and 100K a year whereas Punjabi Street Shitter the 5th will do their job in the back of his car for 20 cents a day.

Then call it as it is.

I HATE THIS SO FUCKING MUCH

Its to late now. Even I've began to lazily call everything an app

>blockchain aside

>for some reason.
lower wages and create more code monkeys, since DEMAND FOR JOBS > SUPPLY

This

Never heard of the term "killer app"? The use of app to mean software is old as fuck.

This. I was surprised when I saw the term in a pre-app store era article. I'm pretty sure it was used as early as the 90s, if not earlier

Yeah it is unless you get into software development, which is where all the money is and you will die in software development if you can't talk to anyone or be able to explain your thought process

>programming is an anti-social job
Why is this still a common belief?

This

People are attracted to money and killer software dont sell and programmers dont really come with ideas, at least thats what general public think

A coder on the other hand is some nu male soyboy, who comes up with some popular app on the store. Now I say come up because in reality he hires a programmer to complete 95% of the project and only does maybe UI layot himself.

mate programmers were calling their shit app before anyone else, then someone overheard it and became common place.

because it make money and even brainlets can do it.
Its the "trade" of the now

Did you read the rest of the post before writing this comment, you illiterate nigger?