AMOLED

When did you realize AMOLED is a meme?

Stop posting

When i realized burnin was a thing and not just an accident with chinkshit phones

Seriously, color reproduction is complete trash.
I went to a service center to ask about it and they just said 'Well, that's AMOLED. It's the futureā„¢."

this
also poor color accuracy (b-b-but it's so bright and vibrant)

when TCL put a based screen in the blackberry keyone
>inb4 anything
literally only beaten by oled screens in blacks
and this is at 100% brightness
can confirm irl too

The only people that say this are the ones that never used it, cause once you use amoled you won't like your water down shitty screen.

when i- oh wait i dont fucking care because i'm not a dipshit that stares at their phone 90 hours a day

>poor color accuracy
You mean better color accuracy than all IPS displays?

>max auto
Dafuq is this?
A new keyone?

oversaturation is not synonymous with accuracy
it has poor color accuracy

OLED doesn't have to have trash color reproduction it's over saturated by default on a lot of phones to make them look more impressive.
There are often settings in Samsung phones to give the display more accurate colors
Pic related from displaymate

sure

No?
Max auto brightness
Like when you're in the sunlight the display goes into overdrive

It's still loved by the average joe. If someone wants colour accuracy, then he shouldn't expect it from a phone as he less likely will print anything from there.

OP here, I literally just took the OP pic.
First thing I noticed when I put my new S8 next to my G4 is how shit the colors are.

Also the colours will fade with the time, especially the blue.

If you use the 'basic' color mode on the S8 whites are yellow as fuck. Nowhere even near good color accuracy.

It's going to look yellow as fuck because you have been staring at a screen with the color temperature out of wack, it was like that with my benq monitor using settings from TFT central and it looked yellowish at first.

It saves the screen for the longterm and probably good for your eyes too.

In 1999. When I first saw the patent.

When apple used it

Oversaturation is software introduced and can be turned off on all platforms.

That's a result of Rec.709, unfortunately.
AMOLED Photo is my preference.

Sure.