Wtf is up with Android being a memory hog? Does it slowly bloat up like Windows?

Wtf is up with Android being a memory hog? Does it slowly bloat up like Windows?

Windows doesn't slowly blow up

This is not an Android issue, but an app or service with a memory leak. Lots and lots of normie apps have memory leaks.

Uninstall:
Google Apps.
Facebook
Snapchat
Instagram
All other non-FOSS apps, and see if the memory leak is still present. Probably not.

It's based on Linux, where to some extent, free RAM is wasted RAM

If it's not slowing down the phone or affecting your performance then it's not a problem

>what is caching

>Windows doesn't slowly blow up

t. Pajeet from Microsoft

> (OP) (You)
>If it's not slowing down the phone or affecting your performance then it's not a problem
The reason why I checked in the first place is it was laggy.

Use that then
Your phone is slow because you have it full of shit apps, clean the phone out. If the ram isn't overflowing then your CPU isnt able to keep up with the bullshit you fill your phone with

You bought the wrong product.

Shame :(

>RAM cleaners

Placebo unless you have root.

It's a Linux issue. I've uninstalled everything from my phone since I only use it for calls and GPS. It uses more RAM on fresh boot than Windows 10.

*laughs in webm*

I can assure you Linux uses less than 10 MB of RAM on your device

Check your current ram
Use the app
Recheck your ram

nice meme, but you are wrong

Nuh uh.

>android 6
>February security patch
>meanwhile 5s through X are on the latest OS versions
>4 years of updates

Laughinggirls.hevc

>Service packs and updates have no impact on the performance of a PC.
It's so obvious you're a shill.

>Android security patch level
>February 5, 2017
[laughs in Objective-C]

It doesn't really make a difference. All my apps still work. You're an idiot if you expect any form of security on a mobile phone anyways.

Wtf are you doing?

Android itself is fine, the problem is all of the pajeet apps which eat retarded amounts of RAM and run continously in background even when they are "switched off" and the display is turned off.

The only way you can fix this is to uninstall or try to use root-level hacks to limit their resource use, but it's nearly impossible to do because there is pretty much no way to monitor resource usage in android.

Windows suffers from the same issue as well but at least it has better monitoring and configuration utilities.

*laughs in webm*

it's a linux thing
a lot of that memory isnt actually being used and it will free up as you need it

I think that is more of a Java thing, JVM's don't want to spend time doing GC if it isn't needed. On serverside GC is pretty much only run when the JVM is about to throw a OutOfMemoryError.

Nice screen resolution
480x640?

Have you put ur dick in that qt3.14 yet?

I wish there was a way to see what's using all the memory, cause i only have youtube for a normie app and microg to make it work

Ppi matters more than resolution.
Jobs understood this.

Forgot pic

Too bad it's user are dumb niggers, also how do you record webms of your phone? Or do go through coverting memes

Your phone looks to be an iPhone 5 or something, so that's like a 4 inch screen
Probably 300ppi
Any 1080p android has a higher ppi than your shitskin walkie talkie
>5.5inch 1080p 400+ppi

It's the gf

It’s an SE :)

>exporting your MP4 screen capture file to your PC so you can convert to a format your phone can't even view just to try and impress some people on the internet

what is cache?

>can’t even view

VLC
WebmBrowser
The Chan

>pc
There was no pc involved.
All done on my iPhone :)

I think the joke went over your head.

>having to use an external app to view webms
>no native support
Sad!

>google supports its own standard
How stunning.

>Apple doesn't support a widely used standard just to stand out
How embarrassing

But mp4 is more widely used than webm

>his device doesn't support both

what rom are you on? i have been using android since froyo and have never had issues with ran usage unless i have loads of apps running especually on aosp roms. get lineage or even greenify to stop apps running in the background literally every normie app is constantly running

512mb ram is still enough for me so i dont believe this

It's called disk cache, at least a part of it. The other part is Android keeping app processes alive as long as possible, only killing them if new ones require more RAM. Literally nothing to worry about.

except when everything starts to lag and app star crashing because not enough memory

You are probably mining Monero lol

In that case your device either doesn't even have enough RAM to run that single app or its memory management is very poor. Memory used for caching is freed when applications need it.

cos garbage collection

yea it does, granted it stops at some point, but a fresh boot of 7 eats 3-4gb of ram, and after a few days/weeks when I close every single application windows will now be eating 10gb

it stops around 10gb but still it bloats.