How do I open this?

How do I open this?

Other urls found in this thread:

manualslib.com/manual/854932/Texas-Instruments-Travelmate-5000-Series.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 give it back.
I bought it.

Literally google the fucking model and the disassembly guide you fucking incompetent dumpster diving nigger

Why would you buy literal trash lmao

magnets

This model isn't anywhere in google. Isn't it obvious that I'd google first.

Explain, please?

>this thinkpad model isn't on google

1) fake
2) fake
3) give model number then
4) fucking fake

>thinkpad
Feels good to be more hipster than Sup Forums. It's Texas Industries TravelMate 5300

very..........

Why not give us the number? Surely there's people on here with autistic levels of knowledge and research on thinkpads.

If you at least say what "this", maybe some user with experience and a good amount of good will will help you. I see a nipplestick, so it's probably a thinkpad.
==SAY THE FREAKING MODEL==

look
It's not thinkpad.
It's Texas instruments TravelMate5300

P133mhz???

Yes.

As a side question, after opening it and repairing it, how can I fix the dents and cracks in the case?

Are you asking how to open it based on the lock symbol shown? I think that lock symbol simply is referring to the metal ring used to lock the laptop to something else. It does not indicate that doing something to the metal ring will unlock the laptop case.

I did lift the case all around that spot. Something behind or under that lock symbol is still holding the top and bottom part of the casing together making me unable to open it.

Sounds like a security feature to keep the ring from being easily removed. No other ideas, sorry.

I did scratch and dent it so much around because it's so old (1 part broke off under finger pressure) and I feel I might be unable to put it together again.
I'm really sad now because I hoped to at least restore its looks and the parts inside for "science".

there are screws under the keyboard you missed.
all laptops come apart with screws or snaps, no tricky shit

Oh you fucking mongo, I had one of those in middle school, it is an incredibly easy computer to disassemble and you should be ashamed of breaking it.

Is the keyboard removable? It doesn't look like

manualslib.com/manual/854932/Texas-Instruments-Travelmate-5000-Series.html

KILL YOURSELF FUCKING IDIOT YOU CAN'T GOOGLE FOR SHIT

I mean there is a screw still holding the top panel on that screws through the bottom and into the keyboard.
try looking on the bottom for access panels or screwholes you have missed, you should not have started prying on such an old machine at all.

Those TI Travelmates were cool. Nobody even remembers today when Texas Instruments made personal computers.

I did unscrew it, I think. Stickers were mostly removed and there was 1 screw there.

Nothing there says how to take apart the laptop you fucking bag of human garbage

>try looking on the bottom for access panels or screwholes you have missed, you should not have started prying on such an old machine at all.
I did check again and everything including scews under where stickers should be and hard drive was unscrewed. The kensington lock for poor thing is still holding the laptop together.

Return it, Lamar

Last bump.
I'll try again tomorrow.