Mozilla does something good for once

research.mozilla.org/machine-learning/
>open source speech recognition engine
>accuracy close to that of a human
>freely distributed on GitHub
>people with disabilities that necessitate dictation software will be able to use in Linux soon
>Freedom respecting replacement of Siri/Alexa

I have dyslexia and have relied on Crapdroid's voice typing through KDE connect to write anything. With this its only a matter of time until I can throw away that government tracking device.

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativeto.net/software/nuance-dragon-naturallyspeaking/?license=opensource
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is enabling the disabled a good thing?

Fix your fucking browser before doing stuff like this and donating to antifa.

Great I could use somethnig like this.

what's assistive Technologies and able the disabled or proprietary. This means they're usually stuck in a life of slavery since they need proprietary software to function. I think you're confused for people with severe mental disabilities. most of those people are glorified pets. A physical disability that might prevent someone from using a computer doesn't mean they're Chris Chan.

>Fix your fucking browser before doing stuff like this and donating to antifa.
Technically they were donating to communists that provide communications for Antifa but I still hate their guts for it. This recognition engine is probably the only genuinely good thing they've done in years. I guess Sup Forums doesn't care that whole feel to technology I once thought out of reach a free software is suddenly available. On some other blog they talked about how they took data from a diverse range of people and I think some other bullshit about diversity but I don't care as long as it can better understand my New York accent. Android frequently thinks I'm saying "end" when I say "and."

I call it "Crapdroid" for a reason.

also, how does my web browser address my dysgraphia problem?

I think I remember you.
Good luck with it dude.

Who is she

Cripples need to be gased along with jews and homosexuals

some girl 8 gag Sup Forums got obsessed with for a while. This is the only other picture I could find of her in my Sup Forums folder. I think I have at least one other of her with your ThinkPad sitting on a chair.

I figured every time I complained about my linguistic impairment, it goes down the memory hole after a few days. the funny part is I'm not sure which bored you remember me from. I've complained about my poor spelling Independence on proprietary dictation software several times on multiple boards on Sup Forums alone. Ironically, Sup Forums has been more encouraging about me learning to spell which would still be a good idea even with freedom respecting speech dictation. most normies around me don't see an issue with a disability requiring proprietary software to function but I see the lack of assistive technologies in the free software world as an issue that very few were interested in discussing. It's kind of strange when you think about it because so many of them are far-left commies.

That's the Sup Forums I know in love. Although, I would argue that people with physical disabilities are often able-minded and and a lot of Labor in the modern world involves computers. They could still be more than a waste of skin as long as they can operate a computer and get to a workplace on time. I have a relatively harsh view of the disabled myself but I don't think anyone deserves to have their lives held for ransom by proprietary software. I'd even extend that to people I would scarcely recognize as human, like someone with severe Downs syndrome or normies.

>those long ass replies
Yo nigger, no one reads this shit

alternativeto.net/software/nuance-dragon-naturallyspeaking/?license=opensource
Could you quickly elaborate on the crappiness of these applications? Since you've most likely tried them out of desperation.

I read them Jamal.

I'm bored and don't have work until the day after. I also figured people he would care since it would be good news but I guess g doesn't care about technology that isn't decade-old laptops running a hobbyist distro they need some manually compile everything.

Simon is a KDE project that serves as a shell for other open source speech dictation engines. none of which work well. I barely remember trying CMU Sphinx. its accuracy was nowhere near usable. I got so desperate I even tried a dictation engine hackd together by some random dude which I even compiled manually despite being a total noob. I never heard of Wryte.

I'm sure Simon will be able to use Mozilla's speech-to-text engine, if not now within several months. They probably abandon it but now would be a good time for them to dust it off and make it usable again.

Mighty only person on Sup Forums that cares that this entire field of Technology is suddenly available to Linux and the free software ecosystem? I know most of us hate Mozilla but can you faggots put your autism aside for a few minutes and recognize that this is a very good thing to happen?

That's great! There should be viable free software alternatives for everything, only then can activism work well
I'm happy you are able to get around your disability with free software as well. You should send an email to RMS, he'd probably feel happy too.
You are in a unique position to comment on accessibility tech in free software. I think there is a serious lack of critical evaluation of tools in the free software world. If you can, please consider documenting your journey, including all the technical roadblocks and put it online somewhere, maybe on some blog. The tech that will be built in the future needs motivation and information about use-cases.

It's good that maybe we'll get """""personal assistants"""""" built with free software soon because I am sick of talking to people with stuff like Google home and how they brag about it.

Actually i care, having free software for disabled people or those in need should be a priority, not an accessory you pay for.
I always thought this kind of projects are an example of what an ideal civilization should do.

any tool that implements this? I can't into code

I wish I could have that shirt

>I'd even extend that to people I would scarcely recognize as human, like someone with severe Downs syndrome or normies.
Your replies are a joy to read op.

I agree with this sentiment

>she

>muh antifa

>people with disabilities will be able to use in Linux soon
they are already using it LQL

>Feminine Penis

Great

spbp

Kek